Iranian Pastor Sentenced to Death

First, I would be surprised if this pastor is actually still alive.

Second, as far as I am concerned we have been at war with Iran since 4 Nov 79. And we should have hit them with everything we had then.... But since we didn't and since they want to attempt to use their oil as blackmail, let's help them. I say we prevent ever Iranian tanker from leaving port. We have the power, and it is in position. See just how long they can last with zero oil sales.........

Second, as far as I am concerned we have been at war with Iran since 4 Nov 79. And we should have hit them with everything we had then.... But since we didn't and since they want to attempt to use their oil as blackmail, let's help them. I say we prevent ever Iranian tanker from leaving port. We have the power, and it is in position. See just how long they can last with zero oil sales.........

I agree, we should have finished Iran back during the Iran/Iraq war.

Obama don't like it...
:eusa_eh:
US Condemns Reports Death Sentence Upheld for Iranian Christian
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 - The United States is condemning reports that an Iranian court has upheld the death sentence for an Iranian Christian pastor convicted of apostasy, or abandoning the Muslim faith.
The White House said Thursday Iran's action against Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani is another “shocking breach” of its international obligations, its own constitution and stated religious values. Nadarkhani converted to Christianity as a teenager and became a pastor of a 400-person Church of Iran congregation in the northern city of Rasht. He was arrested in 2009 and convicted by a court of apostasy before being sentenced to death last year.

Iranian reformist website Rahsa News said Tuesday authorities had delivered the execution order to the Rasht prison where Nadarkhani is being held. It said the pastor can be executed “at any moment.”

The White House said Nadarkhani's trial and sentencing process demonstrate what it calls the Iranian government's “continuing violation of the universal rights of its citizens.” It called on the international community to “reach out” to Iran to demand the pastor's immediate release. The United States and Iran broke diplomatic ties after the 1979 Iranian Islamic Revolution.

In another statement, the U.S. State Department said Washington also has witnessed a “dramatic increase” in Iran's arrest of Bahais and suppression of all forms of freedom of expression.

Source

I agree, we should have finished Iran back during the Iran/Iraq war.

America often gives recalcitrant countries many chances to smarten up. Iraq was given from DS1 --> DS2 and Saddam still didn't get it.

America often gives recalcitrant countries many chances to smarten up. [...]

But whose authority is the United States trying to exercise here?

Iran's imagined nuclear intentions notwithstanding, it's a sovereign nation just trying to get some footing in its own goddamned region!

Can you imagine seeing Iranian warships off the coasts of the United States, with the additional knowledge of Iranian military outposts in Canada and Mexico?!

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not advocating an isolationist approach to foreign policy, by any stretch of the imagination; but our Government's priorities for the past few decades simply couldn't be any more transparent than they have been: namely the shameful enrichment of a small but very powerful element in western government at the expense of eastern and western peons.

Speaking as one of the latter peons, I'm fucking tired of being pissed on ...and the time for being pissed off is long past due.

But by all means, Ropey and Becki, keep falling for the propaganda (such as the story on which this very thread is based), and be ready to rise up with the rest of the flock when the time comes to support a supposed Israeli campaign. After all, dancing to the beat of the string-pullers is what fundies do best.

Last edited:
Iranian Pastor Sentenced To Death

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner also has spoken out against Iran. "While Iran's government claims to promote tolerance, it continues to imprison many of its people because of their faith. This goes beyond the law to an issue of fundamental respect for human dignity. I urge Iran's leaders to abandon this dark path, spare [Nadarkhani's] life, and grant him a full and unconditional release," said Boehner.

It is not looking good.

Who gives a shit?

Forum List

Back