Iran to be Attacked 21/22 October

Jul 9, 2009
I don't normally predict such events but with the subject very much on the front burner with the US/Israel and Iran saying its going to trade in Euro's for oil (sound familiar) there is nothing like a war to draw the attention or make money.

I don't normally predict such events but with the subject very much on the front burner with the US/Israel and Iran saying its going to trade in Euro's for oil (sound familiar) there is nothing like a war to draw the attention or make money.

If the US attaked Iran They would close the straits of Hormuz. The price of oil would sky rocket and the Russians would laugh all the way to the bank.

There's been an annual imminent attack date for Iran now, for like 5 years running.

This one's GOTTA be the one though. :rolleyes:

this seems very unlikely based on the logistics of war with Iran and the difficulties facing the US on the domestic front.

but crazier shit's happened

First martial law on Thursday, then the bombing of Iran a week later. Posters here are amazing!

Plus, you might want to know that most of Iran's oil receipts have been paid in euros for well over a year now.

Plus, you might want to know that most of Iran's oil receipts have been paid in euros for well over a year now.

Good for them for having the balls to tell the US to suck a dick in regards to the USD, when the rest of the oil producers are ironically continuing to suck the US's proverbial dick on that very issue.

Last edited:

Good for them for having the balls to tell the US to suck a dick in regards to the USD, when the rest of the oil producers are ironically continuing to suck the US's proverbial dick on that very issue.

indeed... if at least one good thing has come from the mullahs is that at least Iran is not a pink or red country on this map (as opposed to pretty much every middle eastern nation):

military.jpg

If the US attaked Iran They would close the straits of Hormuz. The price of oil would sky rocket and the Russians would laugh all the way to the bank.

They could not close the Straits of Hormuz. That is a wide waterway. What are they going to do sink a thousand ships to try to block it. They most certainly could not lay mines, because they would not have a ship to do so with after the first few hours of battle.

If we can destroy Iran, I'll be one happy historian. That satanic country needs to be destroyed.

It matters not one iota what currency is used to purchase oil contracts. It does not help our economy and does not hurt it. Let them pay for their oil contracts in Bhat if they want to. There is no issue.

They could not close the Straits of Hormuz. That is a wide waterway. What are they going to do sink a thousand ships to try to block it. They most certainly could not lay mines, because they would not have a ship to do so with after the first few hours of battle.

If we can destroy Iran, I'll be one happy historian. That satanic country needs to be destroyed.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/World_Oil_Transit_Chokepoints/Hormuz.html

Located between Oman and Iran, the Strait of Hormuz connects the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea. Hormuz is the world's most important oil chokepoint due to its daily oil flow of 16.5-17 million barrels (first half 2008E), which is roughly 40 percent of all seaborne traded oil (or 20 percent of oil traded worldwide). Oil flows averaged over 16.5 million barrels per day in 2006, dropped in 2007 to a little over 16 million barrels per day after OPEC cut production, but rose again in 2008 with rising Persian Gulf supplies.

At its narrowest point the Strait is 21 miles wide

From another thread...

You appear to have missed my point...think in terms of fucking up the supply from others...we don't get our oil from them....get back to terrain and look at the geography...I'm referring to relatively flat terrain...granted, I'm taking a bit of liberty with the textbook definition in referring to water as such.

Do you really think the US is not capable of protecting shipping in the Gulf??:cuckoo:
Sure...eventually...I haven't got into the number crunching in quite a while but if we go to war they do have the ability to turn the Straits into a hell of a mess for a while...how long?

Hmmm...ain't dealing with another war ravaged Saddam and his band of thugs...ain't talkin' about a bunch of opium farmers neither.

Crunch the numbers...consider how much of our supply comes through there...granted some may be offset by Canada et al, but at what price...supply/demand.

Now, how many barrels do we have in reserve? Any idea how many days at that rate of loss it would take for us to use them up...IF...the government would even allow its use considering their primary purpose is to supply the military...Iran, my friend, would be Obama's Nam...

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back