Iran may receive S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems from Russia

Russia likes to use the S-300 as a threat and and example of the kind sophisticated high tech weapon system it produces. The last thing they want is to actually have to prove it's worth in battle. The S-300 will easily be defeated and become the latest of Russian embarrassments.

I agree.

I am sure the Israel Defense Forces will take the necessary steps to deal with this challenge, it's not like this is the first time they defeat problems of this nature.

Israel will prevail in the end as it always does!:thup:
It's all about rocket science and hacking into systems to block or interfere with a message being transmitted between the radar, the targeting and launch system and the missile. As long as Israel has a few rocket scientist and some good computer hackers they should be OK. If not it will cost a fortune to conduct a successful strike if they have to use plan B. Plan B being the overwhelming of the system with false targets and force the enemy to give away all his launch positions while targeting those false targets.

Russia likes to use the S-300 as a threat and and example of the kind sophisticated high tech weapon system it produces. The last thing they want is to actually have to prove it's worth in battle. The S-300 will easily be defeated and become the latest of Russian embarrassments.

I agree.

I am sure the Israel Defense Forces will take the necessary steps to deal with this challenge, it's not like this is the first time they defeat problems of this nature.

Old F-16s are no opponents for the S-300. The S-300 is on its way before the F-16 even takes notice of the threat.

""If the missiles are provided and become operational Israel's entire airspace will become a no-fly zone," Netanyahu told the European foreign ministers."
Israel says it will act to prevent S-300 missile systems from becoming operational in Syria - Israel News Haaretz

Last edited:

I agree.

Old F-16s are no opponents for the S-300. The S-300 is on its way before the F-16 even takes notice of the threat.

""If the missiles are provided and become operational Israel's entire airspace will become a no-fly zone," Netanyahu told the European foreign ministers."
Israel says it will act to prevent S-300 missile systems from becoming operational in Syria - Israel News Haaretz
The F 16-CJ is specifically designed to take on the S-300. The old F-16's as you refer to them are modified to add to the anti aircraft attack aircraft toolbox. They comprise part of the overwhelming force strategy with the benefit of being able to help in the destruction of all types of anti aircraft systems, including the S-300 and more advanced S-400.

Here is a really good link to how the S-300 operates and NATO countermeasure options.

myfutureamerica.org/?p=2652

The article was written two years ago. I don’t think that the issue of the S-300s being possibly delivered to Syria is on the table now.

By the way, I have heard that the Israelis are considering the possibility of supplying the Ukrainian government with lethal arms in response to the possible supplies of the S-300s to Iran. If so, the Russians again have found themselves in a situation where they have to think twice before taking a decision.

Last edited:

I agree.

The F 16-CJ is specifically designed to take on the S-300. The old F-16's as you refer to them are modified to add to the anti aircraft attack aircraft toolbox. They comprise part of the overwhelming force strategy with the benefit of being able to help in the destruction of all types of anti aircraft systems, including the S-300 and more advanced S-400.

Here is a really good link to how the S-300 operates and NATO countermeasure options.

myfutureamerica.org/?p=2652
I am sure, the Russian developers were aware of such tactics during the development. And here applies your own argument: Not tested yet against S-300.

Iran Deputy Foreign Minister has said that the authorities of his country expect the delivery of S-300 to take place in the nearest future.
“Negotiations have been concluded with a very good result. I hope the delivery will occur at the earliest opportunity. Everything has been done very well.”

Well, there are two possible scenarios.
The first one. Negotiations between Kerry and the Russians failed and there will be the S-300 in Iran and the escalation of the conflict in Ukraine and a new round of anti-Russian measures.
The second. The Iranians are bluffing.

click (in Russian)

But that should make conservatives happy, since their real he-man Pootin is a leader, a real leader...and he's white...

Notice we don't shoot people any more. Have I just watched too much tv in my life to wonder why governments don't assassinate problems any more? :)

Could cut defense spending 99% if we just returned to the practice of paying some local to put a bullet in people's heads.

...Oh, now I see why we don't do it any more. :)

Sale of the S-300 to Iran will automatically trigger sale of F-35's to Israel. The F-35 is thought to be able to neutralize the S-300. If nothing else, the S-300, like other anti aircraft systems, can be over burdened and overcome with drones and cruise missiles.

S-300 is able to intercept cruise missiles. And I don’t think that drones are far more complicated thing for it than manned aircraft.
But a question is not only in S-300’s. Russia is beginning to woo Iran. And I wonder where it will stop.

Russia and Iran have always been friends since the departure of Shah. There was a time period when Moscow was silent and that resulted in attack on Russian allies like Serbia and Iraq and loss of faith in Russia as an ally by Iran. However, it seems like Moscow is no longer going to be silent as we are seeing in Syria.

Actually, Russians have started to produce and sell S-400 which is the best A2/AD weapon in the market right now. I have posted an article about it in the Military forum which details the asymmetric challenges posed by it. Russians have sold S-400s to China. They may decide to sell that to Iran as well.

The president of Russia has signed a decree which allows Iran to get Russian S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems.

The decree lifts a ban on transit transportation through Russia, export to Iran, and passing the systems to Iran outside the Russian territory.
click (available in Russian)

The ban was introduced in 2010 by Russian then-president Dmitry Medvedev in the wake of the UN Security Council resolution which widened the sanctions against Iran.

And? US and Russia swap back n forth as the planet's no. 1 international arms dealer. If Russia selling arms to Iran is "bad" then isn't who the US sells weapons to equally as bad?

Russia and Iran have always been friends since the departure of Shah.
Not exactly. Khomeini called the USSR as Lesser Satan. Moreover, during Iran-Iraq War the USSR was one of the weapons suppliers to Iraq.

However, it seems like Moscow is no longer going to be silent as we are seeing in Syria.
Yeah, let’s see what will be in the end of this adventure.

Actually, Russians have started to produce and sell S-400 which is the best A2/AD weapon in the market right now. I have posted an article about it in the Military forum which details the asymmetric challenges posed by it. Russians have sold S-400s to China. They may decide to sell that to Iran as well.

Unless I am mistaken, the nuclear agreement with Iran prohibits selling weapons to this country for 5 years.
Besides, it is unlikely because of Israel.

Last edited:
And? US and Russia swap back n forth as the planet's no. 1 international arms dealer.

I am a recognized Russia hater on this forum. If you don’t believe me, ask our Russian friends here about it. So, everything that is good for Russia is bad for me and vice versa.

If Russia selling arms to Iran is "bad" then isn't who the US sells weapons to equally as bad?

It depends on what you consider “bad” in this context. For example, I don’t think Saudi Arabia is any better than Iran.

Russia and Iran have always been friends since the departure of Shah.
Not exactly. Khomeini called the USSR as Lesser Satan. Moreover, during Iran-Iraq War the USSR was one of the weapons suppliers to Iraq.

However, it seems like Moscow is no longer going to be silent as we are seeing in Syria.
Yeah, let’s see what will be in the end of this adventure.

Unless I am mistaken, the nuclear agreement with Iran prohibits selling weapons to this country for 5 years.
Besides, it is unlikely because of Israel.

You are right; I forgot about the closeness USSR had with the Baathist regime of Saddam Hussein and that Iran and Iraq were at each other's throat for quite some time.

Are you suggesting that Russia may refuse to sell Iran S-400 due to Israeli objections?

Sale of the S-300 to Iran will automatically trigger sale of F-35's to Israel. The F-35 is thought to be able to neutralize the S-300. If nothing else, the S-300, like other anti aircraft systems, can be over burdened and overcome with drones and cruise missiles.

S-300 is able to intercept cruise missiles. And I don’t think that drones are far more complicated thing for it than manned aircraft.
But a question is not only in S-300’s. Russia is beginning to woo Iran. And I wonder where it will stop.

Russia and Iran have always been friends since the departure of Shah. There was a time period when Moscow was silent and that resulted in attack on Russian allies like Serbia and Iraq and loss of faith in Russia as an ally by Iran. However, it seems like Moscow is no longer going to be silent as we are seeing in Syria.

My proxy software blocks videos. If you give me the title of the video, I will search for it on Youtube.

My proxy software blocks videos. If you give me the title of the video, I will search for it on Youtube.

US Air force unveils S-400 KILLER MISSILES to scare Putin

Are you suggesting that Russia may refuse to sell Iran S-400 due to Israeli objections?

Yes, I am. Obviously, Israel won’t be very happy to see such things.

Several months ago, when Putin lifted a ban on deliveries of S-300s to Iran, Israel made clear that if such deliveries took place it would deliver arms to Ukraine. Since then I have heard nothing about possible supplies. Have you?

In the future the Ukrainian issue won’t have that significance, but I think Israel will find other arguments. Though, the S-300s will eventually be delivered to Iran, I think, but it is doubtful that the same will be with S-400s.

Video for amateurs.
Any defense can be destroyed.

There are a lot of tactics.

But the tactics on the video - complete nonsense.
3 types of aircraft.
3 types of ammunition.
Against 1 air defense.
Lol

A beautiful movie, but in reality, the defense system is duplicated.
Around the C-400 has several medium-range air defense.

Should jamming station. The ground station. I hope it is clear that the ground station is much more powerful than what is in the small M.A.L.D.

State can protect fighter aircraft.

Can operate aircraft "Airborne early warning and control"

Add these elements and the film will be interesting =)

Yes, I am. Obviously, Israel won’t be very happy to see such things.

Several months ago, when Putin lifted a ban on deliveries of S-300s to Iran, Israel made clear that if such deliveries took place it would deliver arms to Ukraine. Since then I have heard nothing about possible supplies. Have you?

In the future the Ukrainian issue won’t have that significance, but I think Israel will find other arguments. Though, the S-300s will eventually be delivered to Iran, I think, but it is doubtful that the same will be with S-400s.

I was talking to a friend of mine not too long ago; according to him the Ukraine crisis was created solely to punish Russia for its support of Syria and Iran.

Forum List

Back