Iran fueling Iraqi rebels: training,$70 million given monthly

N

NewGuy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37977

Reports in the Arabic media reveal the role of Iran in the current unrest in Iraq initiated by radical Shiite cleric Moqtada Al-Sadr and his followers.

On Tuesday, the London Arabic daily Al-Hayat noted in the previous two days there had been "repeated talk in the Governing Council of Iraq about the major Iranian role in the events that took place in the Iraqi Shiite cities," according to the Washington, D.C.-based Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

"The direct Iranian presence in the Shiite areas of Iraq in the political, security, and economic affairs can not be ignored anymore," the paper said.

"This presence is accompanied by a vigorous Iranian effort to create bridges with different forces in Iraq; first, by material and logistic aid to parties other than the Shi'a, and secondly through the traditional Iranian influence in the religious seminaries [hawza] and in the Marja'iya [religious Shi'a authorities] institutions."

Some claim this has nothing to do with religion. My contention is that it has EVERYTHING to do with religion from the mid-east point of view.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Some claim this has nothing to do with religion. My contention is that it has EVERYTHING to do with religion from the mid-east point of view.

It does have alot to do with Religion, but alot of it is also politics. and using religion to further political power.

Since Iran seems pretty open about supporting these insurgents, does that mean they are declaring open war on us? if so when do we start bombing them?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
that goes on alot over here also, with the religious right wing.

Yeah, it makes me sick to see politicians using Christianity to further their political goals. The governor here in Arkansas isn't that good of a governor and keeps screwing over education. Lots of people want him out of office, but he always becomes really devout around election time and it wins him enough votes to stay in office. I do admire, however, those who "reach what they preach" instead of just using it to win votes.

Forum List

Back