iPhone: Brainy Chow

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
On the sensational Apple iPhone, you can find Monopoly (Parker Brothers) video game apps, handsome browsing options, great connectivity, and good email reliability.

The iPhone has surprisingly become popular in the business world, replacing the Moto Q and other Windows Mobile devices (very popular in the early 2000s) in many office communities.

There seems to be a trend to create gadgets that resemble toys, perhaps to symbolize our era of 'user-friendly' sci-tech.

:banana:

iPhone - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

880791.jpg

Design Dossier

It does not seem right now that the Apple Watch will usurp the iPhone in any way in terms of pedestrian popularity, even though the iPhone has arguably usurped the iPod and iPad in terms of Apple brand product popularity.

I was surprised, since it seemed that the design and functionality of the Apple Watch perfectly fit our modern marked demands for tech gadgets with multi-taking efficiency.

We can only wonder if we had not lost the bright mind of Steve Jobs, what kind of new gadgets would be on deck for Apple, a company that has become very profitable in the business world. I thought the iPhone would face great difficulty when competing with Windows Mobile phones.

:afro:

Windows Mobile

White_AppleWatch_with_Screen.png

I have an iphone but I only get to use the necessities because I wouldn't sign my life away to Apple..
Call, text and internet. That's it. I cant even use my email because I wont set up an apple account..
Did I mention I found some childs bloody fingernail under the battery?

Toy World: Tech Toxoplasmosis

When I think about the iPhone, do I remember those nifty neon transparent landline home-phones from the early 1990s?

Why not? They both look like toys and they were both marketed in times when communications technologies were exploding, perhaps in two different waves (the Clinton Era and the Obama Era).

In some ways, the Apple iPhone has changed the way we talk about tech obsession.

Condenser Telephone

neon.jpg

Design Dossier

It does not seem right now that the Apple Watch will usurp the iPhone in any way in terms of pedestrian popularity, even though the iPhone has arguably usurped the iPod and iPad in terms of Apple brand product popularity.

I was surprised, since it seemed that the design and functionality of the Apple Watch perfectly fit our modern marked demands for tech gadgets with multi-taking efficiency.

We can only wonder if we had not lost the bright mind of Steve Jobs, what kind of new gadgets would be on deck for Apple, a company that has become very profitable in the business world. I thought the iPhone would face great difficulty when competing with Windows Mobile phones.

Windows Mobile

White_AppleWatch_with_Screen.png

IT Tech chiming in. iPhones primarily used for corporate environments is largely due to contract providers (AT&T, Verizon) offering cheap volume plans on older models rather than specific designs and functionalities. Many companies are android-only shops as well. Since I service and support an iPhone-only environment, I suppose I'm a bit more jaded when it comes to reliability. In other words, I RMA faulty IOS devices on a regular basis. I myself carry a 5s for work, but I prefer my personal Samsung Galaxy android phone, which I just feel outclasses the iPhone in several ways.

I feel the smartwatch trend caters to too small a niche of consumers in an already oversaturated industry demanding more power with bigger displays and a thinner, sleeker form factors. Apple excels in the latter, but not so much in the former. The iWatch doesn't really seem to fulfill a 'must-have' user requirement to me. Apple has stellar marketing and will probably enjoy a peak of their smartwatch sales before the next big trend comes along, but trust me, it *will* eventually be surpassed by some shiny new gadget.

As a pretty proficient techie, the smartwatch offers nothing to me beyond the novelty of being wearable. I didn't understand the necessity when Samsung introduced their smartwatch years ago and Pebble prior to that, and I still don't.

Apple's IOS software is elegant and intuitive, which I believe is truly its biggest selling point. But their 'walled-garden' ecosystem approach (can't upgrade hardware/memory, must have a Apple Id to do anything useful, etc.) is a bit restrictive in a market that heavily relies on open-source software. Their business model is now starting to trickle outside of their ecosystem, and frankly, it kind of sucks. For example, the latest Samsung/HTC/Motorola devices are now more like the iPhone - no removable memory/battery. That's a deal breaker to someone like me who prefers function over form.

In closing, I feel the increasing throw-away culture of our mobile devices is disappointing. It chains consumers to specific brands/providers when they want to upgrade or their devices go belly-up. I don't need that chain. If I want an iPhone one year and switch to an android/windows device the next, I should be able to do this a lot more seamlessly without taking a big hit to my pocketbook than it is. Apple embraces this culture, so I'm ever wary as a power user. Your mileage will vary, of course. :eusa_shifty:

Intellectual Property Cooling

Yes, while Apple does not excel in technicalities like other tech-industry companies such as Micosoft and Samsung and Motorola, we appreciate how Steve Jobs' vision made computing and hifi devices more user-friendly for consumerism.

Steve Jobs is something like Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics), a fictional glider-soaring, pumpkin-bomb throwing maniacal nemesis of the urban crusader Spider-Man. Jobs challenges us to evaluate how tech-items can resemble toys rather than medallions.

Hobgoblin (Wiki)

jobs.jpg
iphone.jpg
Hobgoblin_%28Marvel_Comics%29.png

Creative Cryogenics

In fact, Jobs' innovative designs inspire me to make my own mark in pedesrianism ornamentation.

I myself study the connections between oral tradition (folklore) and archaeology. Apple's home computer was as revolutionary as the invention of television.

The iPhone should cement Apple as a key representative in the international tech-marketing debate. How have sales of Samsung phones correlated to sales of iPhones? Does anyone know of a study (statistics)?

Also, any further comments about Apple engineering competitiveness would be interesting. How are 'plug-and-play' tech devices, characteristic of Jobs' Apple, physically wired differently?

Toys (Film)

tape (2).jpg

halloween (2).jpg

Apple' s iPhones (iOS) pretty much outsell every other brand (including #2 Samsung Galaxy) as far as smartphones go in the US. But Android smartphones are way more saturated in the market (encompasses many brands) and take up about 82% of the market share. www.theverge.com/2015/8/20/9181269/gartner-q2-2015-smartphone-sales

Style is subjective. It's the form-over-function, walled ecosystem and planned obsolescence that sours me on Apple. I also wouldn't agree that all their current products are all that well engineered (their older desktops sure were, though), either. They do make them compact, shiny and pretty though, and some folks do like that. Inside the case however, just about all smartphones are pretty similar. Fun fact: Many of the chips in iPhones are actually manufactured by Samsung.

Apple' s iPhones (iOS) pretty much outsell every other brand (including #2 Samsung Galaxy) as far as smartphones go in the US. But Android smartphones are way more saturated in the market (encompasses many brands) and take up about 82% of the market share. www.theverge.com/2015/8/20/9181269/gartner-q2-2015-smartphone-sales

Style is subjective. It's the form-over-function, walled ecosystem and planned obsolescence that sours me on Apple. I also wouldn't agree that all their current products are all that well engineered (their older desktops sure were, though), either. They do make them compact, shiny and pretty though, and some folks do like that. Inside the case however, just about all smartphones are pretty similar. Fun fact: Many of the chips in iPhones are actually manufactured by Samsung.

As well as I - phones and their top level GSM encryption.

I just do not have the secure notes that I had on my last phone.

Shadow 355

The derp in this video actually says "the notifications are straight out of the stone age". The 1st gen iPhone came out 9 years ago. I would love to be there when the millenials turn 50 and have to face mortality and there isn't an 'app' for that. HA!

Interesting video, the iPhone is bigger but it isn't THAT much different than the first. The network is faster and there are more apps but if you have a 1st gen iPhone you can still use it. Of course you'll have to dodge dinosaurs while you are talking but you'll still be able to get a decent selfie with the T-Rex that finally chased you down. Don't worry he'll smile, they love showing off their teeth.

Forum List

Back