First Entirely 3D Printed Estate is Coming to NY

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
...Including a 3D Printed 2400 Sqft House, Pool & More

First Entirely 3D Printed Estate is Coming to NY Including a 3D Printed 2400 Sqft House Pool More - 3DPrint.com

Kushner, who runs KUSHNER Studios and In House Group in New York City, has over 25 years of experience in the construction industry. His company has designed and constructed buildings in Manhattan as large as 80,000 square feet in size, and he, as well as his company, has been featured on shows such as Fox News, BBC Home, and Celebrity House Hunting.

“About a year and a half ago, I started to become immersed in 3D printing,” Adam Kushner told 3DPrint.com. “I said, ‘OK, who’s doing this on the construction level?’ That is where I see the future. I don’t care about the toys or the games or the little things people are doing on their desktops. What I really saw, was the bigger potential for 3D printers in the construction industry. That is a trillion dollar business, and it changes the paradigm of how we build.”

Kushner found a man named Enrico Dini, who is quite well known in his own right, for the invention of his extremely large 3D printer, capable of printing out large structures and buildings. Dini owns and operates a company calledD-Shape, as well as a patent for a magnesium-based binding process that the 3D printer uses. The process combines sand or other materials with a magnesium-based binder to create stone-like objects...

..The massive project that KUSHNER Studios will be undertaking, is for the 3D printing of an entire estate in Gardiner, New York. It will feature an in-ground swimming pool, a pool house, and a 2400 square foot, 4 bedroom home. If accomplished, like Kushner undoubtedly believes, it will go down in history as perhaps the most innovative project that brought 3D printing into mainstream construction – which if successful it undoubtedly will do.

Here is the master site-plan:

kushner-plans3.jpg

...Construction on the site has begun, with power being dropped in last week, and the electricity on the site should be live within a week or so, as of when this article was published. Once they receive the 3D printer from Dini, they plan to begin printing the in-ground swimming pool, which will be the easier task of what Kushner sees as a 3 stage process. Stage 1 will be the pool, stage 2 – the pool house, and stage 3 – the 2400 square foot house. While using Dini’s 3D printer, he plans to modify and “tinker with it” to increase its efficiency and printing ability, so that by the time they are ready to print the full-size house, it will be a completely overhauled 3D printer, capable of doing some quite amazing things.

House-construction of the future...

Think of the possibilities here. Design the house then try living in the virtual house. Where is the best place for the coffee pot, the most convenient position for the light switch, where will sunlight strike the bedroom windows at different times of the year. With that kind of information you could customize your home to be exactly how you wanted it. Then you start 3D printing and assembling.

• Banned
Think of the possibilities here. Design the house then try living in the virtual house. Where is the best place for the coffee pot, the most convenient position for the light switch, where will sunlight strike the bedroom windows at different times of the year. With that kind of information you could customize your home to be exactly how you wanted it. Then you start 3D printing and assembling.

Ja, ist absolut geil.

Forum List

Back