Iowa GOP donors court NJ's Christie, Compared To Reagan

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_iowans_court_christie

Some of Iowa's top Republican campaign contributors, unhappy with their choices in the developing presidential field, are venturing to New Jersey in hopes they can persuade first-term Gov. Chris Christie to run.

"There isn't anyone like Chris Christie on the national scene for Republicans," Rastetter told the AP. "And so we believe that he, or someone like him, running for president is very important at this critical time in our country."

He said after hearing Christie speak in October, "I don't think I've been that inspired by a speech since Ronald Reagan."

It must really suck to be any of the announced GOP candidates.....

With last weeks OBL killing, nobody who was on the fence will jump into thef race.....too much to lose

Christie will wait till 2016. By then, he may have burnt out his welcome

Christie will not run

The left hopes Christie doesn't run....If unemployment is 8.5%- 9.0% in this Obama economy,which is disaster by the way they would be crapping their pants.I do however agree he will not run.

It is similar to Daddy Bush in 92.

Everyone thought he was unbeatable and Clinton got the nod in a weak Democratic field. You never know till it's time to vote

AP NewsBreak: Iowa GOP donors court NJ's Christie - Yahoo! News

Some of Iowa's top Republican campaign contributors, unhappy with their choices in the developing presidential field, are venturing to New Jersey in hopes they can persuade first-term Gov. Chris Christie to run.

"There isn't anyone like Chris Christie on the national scene for Republicans," Rastetter told the AP. "And so we believe that he, or someone like him, running for president is very important at this critical time in our country."

He said after hearing Christie speak in October, "I don't think I've been that inspired by a speech since Ronald Reagan."

It must really suck to be any of the announced GOP candidates.....

Which candidates have announced?

The GOP will pick someone who will beat the crap out of Obama. It won't be hard.
"Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?" Misery Index. Broken promises.
Nope, not hard at all. Obama is going to need all that 1 billion dollars to buy his way into a second term.

The Republican line up for '12 already looks like the '27 Yankees and that without taking into account we're running against a guy who ran up deficits bigger than any Reagan budget, has chronic unemployment at 9%, pushed gas to $4, has our AAA Credit on the ropes and can't say how many states there are in the USA to the nearest 10

Forum List

Back