Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathianne said:
Hello Hawk! Care to tell a bit about yourself? I'm a middle school social studies teacher. I'm also a moderator here. I tend to be a bit agressive here, since I must constrain myself during the day.

you agressive....pshhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa :poke:

no1tovote4 said:
You too? Wow, I didn't know there were so many of us around!

Welcome to the board theHawk, wade right in and enjoy the discussion.

I thought you were the easter bunny???

Wasn't Wade banned or something?

This seems like a good place to place a lighthearted post.

I have tended to get into quite some big fights recently on the board.
That it hardly gets me anywhere near changing someone's view on the matter has convinced me that I get further with sirup than vinegar (a saying here). However, I'm still young so there's enough fire in my spirit that sometimes results in flames.

I was born in a small city in the north of the Netherlands and when I was four years old, my parents moved to the village where my father had spent his youth. It's really small, with some 400 inhabitants, but I've had the best time being a small kid - the world was simple and if anyone knows anything of village life: it may be a bit awkward when you're an outsider, but everyone just knows what's going on, which gives it a very homely atmosphere.

Times changed of course, and after high scool I went to the University and started living on my own in the 'big city'. I study biology, love to draw and paint (although I hardly have the time for it) - mostly fantasy stuff, some cartoons as well.
In 1999 I left for a year to travel through Australia as a backpacker, working and travelling as I saw fit, or as the money would dictate. During these travels I have met many people from all over the world and I have shared a lot of love and happiness with them - all in all a great year that I would recommend anyone that still has the chance.

I have gotten my hands on a lovely German girl that started studying here as well, and we've been together now for one and a half year, and it's just great. Man, women are so sexy!

Anyways, besides all the juvenile namecalling on my part and that of others, I am really enjoying myself here, and for me it makes America more real by talking to the people there. And it's mostly for the best as well.

Well, that just needed to be said.

May we someday all mate and create a progeny, and in time, our differences will be forgotten. :dance: God I love this dancing smiley.

Harmageddon said:

That it hardly gets me anywhere near changing someone's view on the matter has convinced me that I get further with sirup than vinegar (a saying here). However, I'm still young so there's enough fire in my spirit that sometimes results in flames.

I was born in a small city in the north of the Netherlands and when I was four years old, my parents moved to the village where my father had spent his youth. It's really small, with some 400 inhabitants, but I've had the best time being a small kid - the world was simple and if anyone knows anything of village life: it may be a bit awkward when you're an outsider, but everyone just knows what's going on, which gives it a very homely atmosphere.

Times changed of course, and after high scool I went to the University and started living on my own in the 'big city'. I study biology, love to draw and paint (although I hardly have the time for it) - mostly fantasy stuff, some cartoons as well.
In 1999 I left for a year to travel through Australia as a backpacker, working and travelling as I saw fit, or as the money would dictate. During these travels I have met many people from all over the world and I have shared a lot of love and happiness with them - all in all a great year that I would recommend anyone that still has the chance.

I have gotten my hands on a lovely German girl that started studying here as well, and we've been together now for one and a half year, and it's just great. Man, women are so sexy!

Anyways, besides all the juvenile namecalling on my part and that of others, I am really enjoying myself here, and for me it makes America more real by talking to the people there. And it's mostly for the best as well.

May we someday all mate and create a progeny, and in time, our differences will be forgotten. :dance: God I love this dancing smiley.

Welcome and have fun Harm. You haven't been all that bad.....yet.

Harmageddon said:

Welcome it's always nice to have new thoughts to stir things up here. Politics aside we're not so different.
Were you able to hold any Wombats in your travels.........I LOOOOVE those little teddy bear looking animals :)

Thanks, Bonnie, it's nice to post some stuff and not be attacked straight away over the contents.:)

No, I didn't get to hold any wombats, but I did lie down and chill out with a herd of kangaroos, which was kind of nice. Apart from the smell that is.

We also saw some large fruits on a weird tree that I swear looked like they were actually progenitors of koala's. We didn't get to see one hatch though.

Harmageddon said:
Thanks, Bonnie

No, I didn't get to hold any wombats, but I did lie down and chill out with a herd of kangaroos, which was kind of nice. Apart from the smell that is.

We also saw some large fruits on a weird tree that I swear looked like they were actually progenitors of koala's. We didn't get to see one hatch though.
Large fruits on a strange tree huh.
Were you still lying next to the roos?
:thup:

Harmageddon said:

German girls are cool...spent some time with a few back in the day...only thing was that I was a short Italian kinda USA guy while serving in Germany in the Army...and a California surfer to boot...could outdance em all fast...but slow they had me... always looking straight at the boobs...short does have a advantage though! LOL

JOKER96BRAVO said:
For when they fight.
They stand on their tails and kick the other roo with their back legs.

thanks for the input..now I know why the Aussies in Nam did that...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back