interpret this doublespeak please

What do you think it's "about", then?

Regime change in order to establish pipelines. Those are America's priorities. Our administration would lead us to believe it's because of WMDs.

"Regime change" will destabilize the region to the extent that neither pipeline project will actually happen - which is not anyone's goal.

WMDs have little to do with other than their use as an excuse. Same as Iraq.

and the so called rebels and the countries that are spending millions buying their services ? They will be happy if Assad stays ?

omg----you're kidding---you really believe that ??

tell me that you're kidding me :eusa_pray:

The OP and others on the partisan right are attempting to contrive Syria as ‘Obama’s Iraq.’

It’s not, of course.

But that won’t stop conservatives from promulgating that lie.

ahhhhh so what's you're call then----why are we supplying the rebels and hitting Assad with cruise missiles ?

Regime change in order to establish pipelines. Those are America's priorities. Our administration would lead us to believe it's because of WMDs.

"Regime change" will destabilize the region to the extent that neither pipeline project will actually happen - which is not anyone's goal.

and the so called rebels and the countries that are spending millions buying their services ? They will be happy if Assad stays ?

If he builds the pipelines they want? Sure.

Assad the butcher and gasser ?

The OP and others on the partisan right are attempting to contrive Syria as ‘Obama’s Iraq.’

It’s not, of course.

ahhhhh so what's you're call then----why are we supplying the rebels and hitting Assad with cruise missiles ?

Because France, Qatar and Saudi Arabia want us to.

If we really wanted to take out Assad, this would have played out like Iraq - not weak missile strikes that we tell Assad about beforehand.

It’s not, of course.

any actions taken by us NOW , should they create cascade affects, will make it obamas war, and it won't be the right you have to worry about making it so....

who is they and what pipelines ( to be built) are you referring to?

Assad the butcher and gasser ?

I'm sure the rebels themselves will be upset. But the countries funding them are just using them anyway.

How about the international community including all the Americans who are being told what a criminal Assad is ?

As has been pointed out in countless other threads, the consensus of the international community (and the majority of Americans as well), is to leave it alone.

It’s not, of course.

i haven't seen or heard anyone say anything such thing

do you have proof or is this more bullshit from you?

pipelines from where, to where?

from the east to the west----LNG lines---providing Europe with energy so they aren't dependent on Russia.

forget my last post I missed this.....

uhm hello, WE want to sell LNG, why would we make it easier for 'them'?

where would these 'pipelines' originate and end, exactly?

I'm sure the rebels themselves will be upset. But the countries funding them are just using them anyway.

How about the international community including all the Americans who are being told what a criminal Assad is ?

As has been pointed out in countless other threads, the consensus of the international community (and the majority of Americans as well), is to leave it alone.

Well since that ain't happening how are they going to receive some one saying---"Assad has suddenly changed his mind and is going to be nice." Do you think that will be an acceptable result ?

who is they and what pipelines ( to be built) are you referring to?

Sorry, posts always get lost if they're the last on a page:

Translation: No one wants Assad out of power, they just want to put pressure on him.

It's about pipelines.

are you referring to oil pipelines?:eusa_eh:

Yes. (Actually, gas pipelines)

Russia and China want Assad to ok building a pipeline to Iran.

France, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar want Assad to ok building a pipeline to Saudi Arabia - and they want our help.

4th horse.

riders name: Death

shotgun: Hell

So you know these guys are not exactly the beloved of heaven.

from the east to the west----LNG lines---providing Europe with energy so they aren't dependent on Russia.

OK here I go---we ARE in a sense Saudi Arabia at al...

Europe isn't buying gas from us now, they're buying it from Russia.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar (and France) want a pipeline through Syria between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, in order to sell gas to Europe.

Russia (and China) want a pipeline through Syria and Iraq to Iran.

Well since that ain't happening how are they going to receive some one saying---"Assad has suddenly changed his mind and is going to be nice." Do you think that will be an acceptable result ?

What do you mean "acceptable result"?

Do I think it's a major public image thing to overcome? Not really, since Obama isn't running for re-election anyway. Do I think that the "international community" will care? Doubtful - particularly European countries who've just got a new source for gas.

It’s not, of course.

Regardless of the extent of the action in Syria, it reveals the anti-war left to be hypocrites. You don't see them rioting in the streets do you? I mean, they didn't mind rioting in Philadelphia during the GOP convention in 2003 over it, did they?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back