Internet Browsers

Just discovered one that looks extremely promising call Lunascape6. Very high powered and very fast but the main "selling feature" (it's a free download) is it's triple search engine, Trident (Internet Explorer), Gecko (Firefox) and Webkit (Google Chrome and Safari). When you load it you select you default search engine but when you're online and one is performing slowly you can switch to the other by clicking on the engine name at the right of the address bar.
The tool bar layout is pretty clean looking with a lot of menu and icon options that are fully customizable. There are five default skins to choose from plus more available online. For those of you who like me prefer their main search page free of "clutter" there is a news ticker with limited default choices but gives easy edit and add capabilities. It will transfer you favorites from your other browsers and set up as the default browser but only if you give it permission, it asks on setup and you say yes or no to each request.
If you're a Gecko (Firefox) user all the add-ons are available.
So far I'm really impressed with this browser and it looks like it just might become my primary.

Pheh...it is Winblows only. WTF...

Although I can't seem to find the bookmarks importer yet (haven't really looked that hard) Cometbird is fast becoming my default browser due to the fact I've noticed issues with FF4 where my search bar freezes up when I hit the back key then I have to refresh to get it working again. My "full sized" browser is now Lunascape6.

WHat I have noticed about FF 4 is the scroll gets "stuck"...just won't scroll for several seconds.
This is ANNOYING!!

Just discovered one that looks extremely promising call Lunascape6. Very high powered and very fast but the main "selling feature" (it's a free download) is it's triple search engine, Trident (Internet Explorer), Gecko (Firefox) and Webkit (Google Chrome and Safari). When you load it you select you default search engine but when you're online and one is performing slowly you can switch to the other by clicking on the engine name at the right of the address bar.
The tool bar layout is pretty clean looking with a lot of menu and icon options that are fully customizable. There are five default skins to choose from plus more available online. For those of you who like me prefer their main search page free of "clutter" there is a news ticker with limited default choices but gives easy edit and add capabilities. It will transfer you favorites from your other browsers and set up as the default browser but only if you give it permission, it asks on setup and you say yes or no to each request.
If you're a Gecko (Firefox) user all the add-ons are available.
So far I'm really impressed with this browser and it looks like it just might become my primary.

Pheh...it is Winblows only. WTF...

I dual boot for my own reasons.

from my point of view Mozilla Fire Fox is the best Internet browser for ever because it's easy to secure your user information it's provide security of your password and user name while you are using a computer that is not your personal computer :razz:

Firefox's font is very dependent on System settings of host-system, Chromium draws webpages more consistent and "beautiful" and Chromium is also fast doing that.
But, Chromium consumes too much RAM if multiple Tabs are opened, therefore I use Firefox with "Load Tabs Progressively" extension.

Firefox's font is very dependent on System settings of host-system, Chromium draws webpages more consistent and "beautiful" and Chromium is also fast doing that.
But, Chromium consumes too much RAM if multiple Tabs are opened, therefore I use Firefox with "Load Tabs Progressively" extension.

Isn't Chromium what Google Chrome is?

Google Chrome is built from Chromium.

Google Chrome is built from Chromium.

Exactly...other than branding...is Chrome any different?

Nobody uses Explorer anymore?

Um...that would be no...as in hell no.
I don't have much patience for a company that only decided to improve their abysmal browser once competition started to take marketshare.
They placed every single computer user W I D E open to viruses and malware for yeeeaaarrrs without lifting a single finger.

Screw Explorer.

They've really improved on the current Explorer, it's much more secure and faster than it used to be but in my humble estimation it still has a long way to go to catch up with Firefox and Chrome. It does have it's uses though, I have mine set up to use the Gecko search engine as opposed to Bing which I hate.

They've really improved on the current Explorer, it's much more secure and faster than it used to be but in my humble estimation it still has a long way to go to catch up with Firefox and Chrome. It does have it's uses though, I have mine set up to use the Gecko search engine as opposed to Bing which I hate.

I keep the most current version on my computer but still have XP and it won't work with the most recent version of Explorer. I hate to give up Explorer because of familiarity with it, it is so compatible for several games I play on the computer, and I have such an extensive favorites list on it, I don't know how I would transfer all that to another browser.

I keep the most current version on my computer but still have XP and it won't work with the most recent version of Explorer. I hate to give up Explorer because of familiarity with it, it is so compatible for several games I play on the computer, and I have such an extensive favorites list on it, I don't know how I would transfer all that to another browser.

When it is time for you to transition to a new machine, please PM me Foxfyre. I can help you make the transition fairly seamlessly.

Do it before your old one dies imo. ;)

I'm curious Ringel of what your opinion of Opera is?

I didn't like it but I don't remember specifically why, maybe because it uses webkit and I'm not that partial to webkit.
(Which is also why I don't like Chrome).
For me it just a personal bias, there are others on the board who use and like it. In this instance, if you're interested, download it and try it for awhile, if you don't like it then just uninstall it.

Chrome of Firefox will work just as well and you can load all of your settings from IE.
PM Ropey, he'll be able to help you through the very easy process.
Besides you don't have to uninstall IE to have and use other browsers.

I don't like opera either....maybe because it is too different from the others..but I am probably bias since I have been a faithful firefox user from day one.

I actually forgot about this thread with everything else I've been dealing with recently. :dunno:

Okay next I'll look at Comodo Dragon Browser and Slim Browser which I just downloaded.
Stay tuned for the reports.

Checking out Comodo Dragon now, easy download and install, gave me the option of installing as portable. It's based on Chromium so it looks exactly like Google Chrome and loading extensions send you to the Chrome library to select. During the install it asked if I wanted to transfer my Favorites, search, history, cookies and search engines from my existing browser, A++ option in my book.
Security with this browser it one of the best available and unlike Chrome it doesn't send your browsing information to a remote server. Amazingly this level of security doesn't slow this browser down.

The negative side for me is it's laid out exactly like Chrome which I don't like, I'm addicted to the menu bar and Chrome/Chromium doesn't have one, still I'll try it for a while to see how it works out surfing the net.

http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-Dragon/3000-2356_4-75119680.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back