Internet Addiction ??

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
well now there's hope. and treatment

A psychologist first coined the phrase "Internet addiction" in 1995, when the web was in its infancy. He meant it as a joke. But now, with the first hospital-based Internet addiction treatment center opening next week at the Behavioral Health Services at Bradford Regional Medical Center in Pennsylvania, Internet addiction is no longer considered a laughing matter.

The voluntary, 10-day in-patient treatment program will admit up to four people who have been diagnosed with severe Internet addiction. First, they'll undergo an extensive evaluation and a "digital detox" that prohibits phone, tablet or Internet use for at least 72 hours. Then they'll attend therapy sessions and educational seminars to help them get their Internet compulsion under control.

link

I gotta move this along. wait !!! could I be addicted???? OMG NO !!!! :D:D

Hmmm...my job, my continuing education, much of my communication with friends and family, and finally much of my entertainment and recreation happen because of and on the NET.

Does that mean I am addicted to it?

Or does that mean that the net has given us options we never had before?

i can quit the internet anytime i want.

same here

skeleton-computer.jpg

Hmmm...my job, my continuing education, much of my communication with friends and family, and finally much of my entertainment and recreation happen because of and on the NET.

Does that mean I am addicted to it?

Or does that mean that the net has given us options we never had before?

It's all a matter of whether it interferes with or complements your real life.

Forum List

Back