Intelligent parents average children

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
My Daughter’s a Cheerleader

"I can already see that she is easily amused, kind to animals, disinterested in gossip, curious about relationships, weak in math, strong in language and absolutely awesome in shop, where she can take apart an engine and put it back together again."

"But this is not the daughter I had in mind. A daughter of mine ought to be gawky, bookish and unable to clap to the beat of the music. I just don’t understand how the gene blender produced her. She’s a beloved alien. Her perfect posture, quick smile and glossy black hair, combined with her ability to do things easily, would never qualify for daughter of mine. There’s just not a recognizable trait that could link her to me. She doesn’t possess the paralyzing shyness, awkward gait, discordant drummer that led me through my adolescence."

How would intelligent people feel if they had football players or cheerleaders for children?

"I can already see that she is easily amused, kind to animals, disinterested in gossip, curious about relationships, weak in math, strong in language and absolutely awesome in shop, where she can take apart an engine and put it back together again."

"But this is not the daughter I had in mind. A daughter of mine ought to be gawky, bookish and unable to clap to the beat of the music. I just don’t understand how the gene blender produced her. She’s a beloved alien. Her perfect posture, quick smile and glossy black hair, combined with her ability to do things easily, would never qualify for daughter of mine. There’s just not a recognizable trait that could link her to me. She doesn’t possess the paralyzing shyness, awkward gait, discordant drummer that led me through my adolescence."

How would intelligent people feel if they had football players or cheerleaders for children?

Your kids genes usually come from the grandparents, and that cheerleader daughter or son will most likely get her parents genes. Skip a generation happen a lot.

My biological mother looked Italian and so does my biological father but I look just like my grandmother from my mother side, and look very Scottish even though I am more Italian, and my kids look like their grandmother ( my biological mother ) and have more Italian in them.

So the skip a generation gene happens more often and people should never expect their kids to look like them or act like them but look for their parents ( grandparents ) traits in their kids.

I'm thankful not to have that problem. While I consider myself extremely intelligent, I am pretty sure my 3 kids are above my pay grade.

Mark

It is very common for intelligent parents to have children closer to the norm than they are.

I was fully prepared for that when I had a kid.

Luckily my daughter turned out to be quite bright. Though she is not looking likely to be nearly as nerdy as her parents, but that possibly has to do with our pushing her socially and athletically.

So far.