Inspiring Video

The sad part is that too many people are afraid to have an honest discussion in this country. If this had been a white guy on stage talking about how when he goes to a white school they show respect they would have torn him apart.

According to David Horowitz (who was a victim himself) every single high profile conservative speaker has been the victim of assault on a college campus sometime (or numerous times) in their careers. Strangely enough it seems that the college faculty encourages violence against people they disagree with.

The sad part is that too many people are afraid to have an honest discussion in this country. If this had been a white guy on stage talking about how when he goes to a white school they show respect they would have torn him apart.

That is an oversimplification.

An honest discussion does not involve indictnments.

According to David Horowitz (who was a victim himself) every single high profile conservative speaker has been the victim of assault on a college campus sometime (or numerous times) in their careers. Strangely enough it seems that the college faculty encourages violence against people they disagree with.

Off topic.

As long as no one tries twisting this into a racist rant, I loved it. I only wish more adults were able to talk to kids that way. In the black community, a lot of kids need guidance, but it has to come from their own community or they won't listen.

I'm sure you do. You think he is saying what you think, right? He's giving those thugs a bit of tough love....just what they need. Right?
What I saw was a guy talking to an auditorium full of high schoolers, not thugs. And what I heard him saying (after a bit of a chewing out for being rude) was "YOU CAN DO IT, JUST TRY." No thugs there; no tough love....

I'm sure you do. You think he is saying what you think, right? He's giving those thugs a bit of tough love....just what they need. Right?
What I saw was a guy talking to an auditorium full of high schoolers, not thugs. And what I heard him saying (after a bit of a chewing out for being rude) was "YOU CAN DO IT, JUST TRY." No thugs there; no tough love....

Please note who and what I was responding to.

Thanks.

The only thing enlightening is that the school administration apparently has no control over the kids. They should have reprimanded or removed any unruly kids before the speaker had to. How does a public school get to that point? Take it up with the community that fills its enrollment.

The only thing enlightening is that the school administration apparently has no control over the kids. They should have reprimanded or removed any unruly kids before the speaker had to. How does a public school get to that point? Take it up with the community that fills its enrollment.
Spoken like a true dreamer. No front-line experience in education, eh?

It's a start.

It is nothing.

If it changed one person, it's a plus

Spoken like a true dreamer. No front-line experience in education, eh?
I worked in predominantly black public schools for ten years. My wife's been in the same system for 32 years. Lots of perspective.
So I ask again, why didn't the administrators do their job? What kind of rude kids are allowed to take over like that?

Forum List

Back