Inside the Republican Party’s Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Again I ask.. who appointed that idiot Karl Rove as the voice of the Republican party? Wish he would take that white board and shove it up his a$$. He is likely the root cause of the Republican implosion. One thing for sure, if Trump wins the nomination that moron Rove will be done for. He can gfhs

-Geaux
----

The scenario Karl Rove outlined was bleak.

Addressing a luncheon of Republican governors and donors in Washington on Feb. 19, he warned that Donald J. Trump’s increasingly likely nomination would be catastrophic, dooming the party in November. But Mr. Rove, the master strategist of George W. Bush’s campaigns, insisted it was not too late for them to stop Mr. Trump, according to three people present.

At a meeting of Republican governors the next morning, Paul R. LePage of Maine called for action. Seated at a long boardroom table at the Willard Hotel, he erupted in frustration over the state of the 2016 race, saying Mr. Trump’s nomination would deeply wound the Republican Party. Mr. LePage urged the governors to draft an open letter “to the people,” disavowing Mr. Trump and his divisive brand of politics.

The suggestion was not taken up. Since then, Mr. Trump has only gotten stronger, winning two more state contests and collecting the endorsement of Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=0

And now LePage has endorsed Trump. Pitiful. I'd be embarrassed to be a Mainer.

Seems to me this whole Trump phenomenon is about a great deal more than just November 2016.

This is a party that's falling apart right in front of us. Traditional, moderate Republicans versus hardcore, absolutist conservatives versus this weird, unexpected, Trump-inspired mix of blow-it-all-up nationalists/populists.

Politicos like Rove look long term too, and I'll bet he's freakin' terrified right now.

Last edited:
Rubio and Cruz is really dishing it out on Trump, its not good to dish on other candidates too much as it insults the people who like them, its best to tell what you have to offer. Its so entertaining to watch the GOP debates, maybe next time we'll see blood.

i wonder if Hillary supporters can even po-nounce Trump Phenomenon. This is how Al Sharpton would speak of Trump.
Sharpton:, "Weze Got To Much Stop Dis Ronald Tump Venvonpimpafanominom"!! If The Ronald becomes Pezident of deez United States, I am much gonna get the hell outa here, and I wont even pay back the five million dollaz I owe in jack taxes!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back