Inside the Fox News lie machine: Sean Hannity on Obamacare

Wow, thanks for your input, Papa. Very informative.

More informative than your bullshit article. They guy proves nothing, did he shop apples to apples with these people, no he did not, he even said so. So, he is distorting the facts, just like Hannity distorts. The bottom line is similar policies will go up in cost, not down. You are just not smart enough to understand it.

Similar policies will go up in cost after the pool gets bigger? Bullshit.

Wanna make a bet?

I'm a taxpayer victim of free healthcare up here in Canada. Be glad to debate you any day.

Lets start with you paying goods and services tax a GST as it is known up here. We started off at 7%.

Now thank goodness down to 5% but even our wonderful now Conservative majority cannot wean the public handouts off of this tax.

Why don't you start with paying 7% across the board, even to buy a goldfish, get a haircut or take a cab ride?

Then you can afford free healthcare too. 7% for everything. I think Pelosi calls it a VAT.

Well, of course the USMB Wingnut Brigade doesn't give a fuck; because, they don't want to hear the truth. They just want Obamacare to fail and rely on liars like Hannity to keep them in the dark about how the law truly works.

:lol:

Fuck you back. Your very own says it is going to kill him financially.

Or is Daily Kos now a right wing organization too? This is from Tirge. And yes I know who he is.

The realities of ObamaCare are beginning to set in for even the most radical Obama supporters. On the Daily Kos, a far left, progressive site that exists to influence the Democrat party to swing even further left, a well-known diarist Tirge Caps posted a scathing attack against ObamaCare after being notified by their insurance provider of a doubling of their premiums.

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don’t qualify, anyway, so what’s the point?

Pretty strong words from a progressive on the left. In fact, when those on the right point out the financial realities of ObamaCare, they are accused of simply being racist against the President. Interestingly enough, Tirge Caps, altered the title of his article after ‘suggestions’ from people. He added ‘according to Kaiser’ to the initial title of “ObamaCare will double my monthly premium.” One of the comments attacked the insurance company as the bad guy indicating that he could probably get a better rate on the exchange.

Lefty ?Daily Kos? Writer Trashes Obamacare: ?What the Hell Kind of Reform is This?? | The Tea Party News Network | TPNN.com

JED doesn't want "facts" , he just wants to pontificate about something he knows nothing about.

Yep, just like Salon, where he got is article. Very dishonest.

I was just at DK. It looks like this bullshit is being handed from blog to blog with no actual proof.

At DK all you have is commentary on a person called Eric Stern who supposedly uncovered all these so called lies but there is absolutely no proof of the lies. Just that Eric Stern says so.

Hell's bells this is pathetic.

Couple #3

Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

This is what's wrong with America these days. They have to lie and spin everything. :( Good research.

Couple #3

Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

This is what's wrong with America these days. They have to lie and spin everything. :( Good research.

There's no research. There is no proof.

Are you seriously on meds?

Who gives a fuck?

Well, of course the USMB Wingnut Brigade doesn't give a fuck; because, they don't want to hear the truth. They just want Obamacare to fail and rely on liars like Hannity to keep them in the dark about how the law truly works.

So you're all signed up for obama care numbnutz?

I have health ins through my employer, asswipe. There is no signing up for Obamacare. Obamacare is a mandate that everyone purchase health ins.

Maybe somebody could post another chart from a right-wing group invested in dismantling Obamacare to prove this thread wrong?

So you're all signed up for obama care numbnutz?

I have health ins through my employer, asswipe. There is no signing up for Obamacare. Obamacare is a mandate that everyone purchase health ins.

So you already have it, yet, you want to force others to get it.

Lets start with you paying goods and services tax a GST as it is known up here. We started off at 7%.

Now thank goodness down to 5% but even our wonderful now Conservative majority cannot wean the public handouts off of this tax.

Why don't you start with paying 7% across the board, even to buy a goldfish, get a haircut or take a cab ride?

Then you can afford free healthcare too. 7% for everything. I think Pelosi calls it a VAT.

GST has nothing to do with healthcare. It was a gift from the Conservative government to manufacturers to replace the manufacturing tax which was removed prior to NAFTA taking effect so that goods manufactured in Canada could be sold cheaper in the US.

IOW, the GST subsidizes cheaper goods going to the US.

File this under "Yet another reason why nobody likes Brian Mulroney". The Progressive Conservative Party was reduced to holding 4 seats in Parliament after the GST was introduced. Fear of the Canadian voters keeps Stephen Harper from doing anything too stupid lest the same thing happen to him. That's why he doesn't mess with health care.

I'm not forcing anybody

So you are against the requirement for all citizens to carry health insurance?

No, I'm not against it under the current system. But I'm not the one who wrote the legislation; therefore, I am not forcing anybody to buy anything.

So you are for the current system do requiring all citizens to carry health insurance? I didn't ask if your wrote a bill.

Forum List

Back