Insane left let slip what they really have against Tebow

The overexposure and media lovefest that surrounds Him because of it.

I agree...but you see it as a media love fest.

Yet all I am seeing are interviews with others criticizing him for his actions.

If it were a love fest, they would present interviews of people PRAISING him for his actions.

There's absolutely a media lovefest going on with this guy. They can't get enough of Him.

Granted it isn't all positive but there are oodles of people in the media praising Him for His actions.

The point is it's been Tebow! Religion! Tebow! Religion! Tebow! Religion! 24/7

You do that with any athlete and people will have a problem with it.

I agree..

But do we blame Tebow?

Why is the media all over Tebow...but not all over the basketball player....

Or the baseball player who makes the sign of the cross 3 times a game when at the plate....5 games a week?

Can you rationalize it?

For years I would listen to post fight interveiws of boxers and they would first thank their Lord....
For years I have watched basketball players make the sign of the cross before taking a foul shot
For years I watched track stars thank their Lord after winning the gold.

So what is different with Tebow?

Other than being a white conservaitve....nothing.

Hmmm.........

What changed was the far left radicals in congress took over in 2009 and 20010. With a very divisive President.
They passed a health care bill and completely silenced the moderates and conservatives in their own party and did not let republicans contribute to the bill. Then passed it in the middle of the night, like the bullies they are, over the majority of the American people who did not want this health care bill and still do not want this health care bill.

This has caused the far left to speak out about their intolerance in everything.
Just listen to them - he is forcing religion on them.
Expressing his faith is not forcing anyone to his beliefs. It never has and it never will.

I know, it's driving the atheists bat shit crazy right here at Christmas time.

I'm loving it.

I'm an atheist, and it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't give a damn about other people's religious beliefs unless they try to ram them down my throat.

However, that being said, Christians often to try to ram their beliefs down your throat. If you tell someone you're an atheist, you'll often become the target of all kinds of sanctimonious proselyting and assumptions that you're some kind of moral leper.

I always marvel at the fact that Christians think your are supposed to treat their beliefs with respect, but they feel perfectly free to denigrate yours.

I'm often amused that atheists claim it's Christians trying to ram their belief down other people's throats and yet we see the long knives out for Tebow and we instance after instance of atheists trying to stop any religion save their own.

Atheists Declare War on Travis AFB - War On Christmas - Fox Nation

The Candy-Cane Cops - Candy Cane - Fox Nation

I'm loving it.

I'm an atheist, and it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't give a damn about other people's religious beliefs unless they try to ram them down my throat.

However, that being said, Christians often to try to ram their beliefs down your throat. If you tell someone you're an atheist, you'll often become the target of all kinds of sanctimonious proselyting and assumptions that you're some kind of moral leper.

I always marvel at the fact that Christians think your are supposed to treat their beliefs with respect, but they feel perfectly free to denigrate yours.

I've never met a Christian who tried to shove anything down my throat. and I'm an agnostic.

I've sure met atheists determined that to make their religion the only religion allowed in the country.

yeah you are..I dont care what a Rabbi says. you could just ignore him

Tebow is running something the NFL has yet to figure out. either they will copy it, or when someone actual beats him loose.
When he does Loose the rest of the NFL will try to copy that.

Has nothing to do with god.

First off...the NFL will never adopt his style of play. The passing game is a must in the NFL....otherwise they would all be running a full house triple option offense....like the academies did...

Second.....like I said in an earlier post...the media has made this an issue...and a negative one.

I see many an interview with ohter NFL players criticizing him for his "prayer" actions...

Yet not ONE has interviewed a single Bronco to find out how his team mates feel...

No one has interviewed Christians that approve of his open love of faith.

THAT makes it political.

It is not what you report...it is how you report it.

Obama says 57 states and it is reported as a funny gaffe...as it should be.

Perry says 8 Supreme Court Justices and it is reported as a serious blow to his campaign.
the NFL is a copycat league. Something will be copied. His offense or the defense that shuts him down.
See The pats and their offense, Vick and his running. Defense of the Ravens. All things that got copied.
Yeah people will have opinions on his god stuff. He lays it on thick, and it will put people off. Just the way it is.

You just are REALLY desperate that Tebow go away, aren't you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

For years I would listen to post fight interveiws of boxers and they would first thank their Lord....
For years I have watched basketball players make the sign of the cross before taking a foul shot

Hmmm.........

What changed was the far left radicals in congress took over in 2009 and 20010. With a very divisive President.
They passed a health care bill and completely silenced the moderates and conservatives in their own party and did not let republicans contribute to the bill. Then passed it in the middle of the night, like the bullies they are, over the majority of the American people who did not want this health care bill and still do not want this health care bill.

This has caused the far left to speak out about their intolerance in everything.
Expressing his faith is not forcing anyone to his beliefs. It never has and it never will.

I disagree..

The same congress is there for the baseball player making the sign of the corss at the plate 3.5 times a game, 5 games a week, 165 games a season.

Same is true for the bball player at the stripe 5 times a game, 80 games a year.

But Tebow does it twice a game, one game a week, 16 games a year.....and HE gets the press..

Why?

Anyone?

I'm loving it.

I really do understand where your coming from. I'm a christian, but it pisses me off to end that some christians will try and strong arm a non-believer into becoming a believer. That's not the way to get it done. With me, if a non-believer asks a question on my faith, we will have a conversation. But, I do believe that God gave us all, "Free Will".

I do wish some of the athiests on this board would feel the same as I do in regards to not trying to tear down my beliefs.

I agree...but you see it as a media love fest.

Yet all I am seeing are interviews with others criticizing him for his actions.

If it were a love fest, they would present interviews of people PRAISING him for his actions.

There's absolutely a media lovefest going on with this guy. They can't get enough of Him.

Granted it isn't all positive but there are oodles of people in the media praising Him for His actions.

I agree..

But do we blame Tebow?

Or the baseball player who makes the sign of the cross 3 times a game when at the plate....5 games a week?

Can you rationalize it?

I don't blame Tebow, however, He hasn't done anything to curtail the spotlight. He likes it, IMO.

I think they are all over Him because He's all Religion, all the time and has been since day one at Florida. It's what defines Him and He has allowed it to happen.

You combine that with His inexplicable and dramatic wins along with His cult following and you have yourself a media frenzy.

Damn I wish he were a muslim and giving praise to Allah after every reception. I wonder how much support he would get from the right then. Damn hypocrites.

Hmmm.........

I disagree..

The same congress is there for the baseball player making the sign of the corss at the plate 3.5 times a game, 5 games a week, 165 games a season.

Same is true for the bball player at the stripe 5 times a game, 80 games a year.

But Tebow does it twice a game, one game a week, 16 games a year.....and HE gets the press..

Why?

Anyone?

OK....since no one wants to touch it...I will....

Becuase the press has been wanting to attackj it for years...but were concerned of being accused of racism.

Now that a White Conservative is doing it....the floodgates are open.

The left is afraid tha Tim Tebow might inspire young people and be a role model for them.

Damn I wish he were a muslim and giving praise to Allah after every reception. I wonder how much support he would get from the right then. Damn hypocrites.
Not being a pro football fan all that much, I never heard of him until I saw the threads here.

I think it's hysterical how his faith, and his expression of his faith, scares/upsets so many.

And, I'm not a Christian, either.

I've never met a Christian who tried to shove anything down my throat. and I'm an agnostic.

I've sure met atheists determined that to make their religion the only religion allowed in the country.

That's for sure. Just let a Christian try to celebrate Christmas and the athiests are all over that like white on rice.

I agree..

But do we blame Tebow?

Can you rationalize it?

I don't blame Tebow, however, He hasn't done anything to curtail the spotlight. He likes it, IMO.

I think they are all over Him because He's all Religion, all the time and has been since day one at Florida. It's what defines Him and He has allowed it to happen.

You combine that with His inexplicable and dramatic wins along with His cult following and you have yourself a media frenzy.

Jeez......what the fock is up with those wins?

On Sunday evening when they were down by 3 in regulation I said to my wife (she is a mjaor league football fan)....The Broncos have them excactly where they want them...the Broncos are going to win this game.

And the scary part?

I said it when the Bears had the ball with 2 minutes to go and Denver with no timeouts.....

My wife said I was nuts.

Not being a pro football fan all that much, I never heard of him until I saw the threads here.

I think it's hysterical how his faith, and his expression of his faith, scares/upsets so many.

honey they was really pissed when he mama didn't abort him. :D

I dont think it scares them.

I think it gives them something to ridicule.

I dont think it scares them.

I think it gives them something to ridicule.
True. So, why do we ridicule?

In general, it's because we want to marginalize something (to ourselves and/or others). Why marginalize something that we might perceive as large/important?

;)

I disagree..

Why?

Anyone?

OK....since no one wants to touch it...I will....

Becuase the press has been wanting to attackj it for years...but were concerned of being accused of racism.

Now that a White Conservative is doing it....the floodgates are open.

Disagree.

Kurt Warner is a Super Bowl winning white guy quarterback and is SUPER religious.

Phillip Rivers is another damn good white guy QB and he is also SUPER religious.

Why aren't these guys criticized?

Answer: Because they are truly humble and don't go off about religion whenever a mic is put in front of him.

David Ortiz points to the sky every time he hits a homerun. Why isn't he criticized like Tebow?

Answer: Because he doesn't go off about his religion whenever a mic is put in front of him.

Forum List

Back