Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

And here's a person who would be alive today if he had been allowed to defend himself. Because you know, people can only be murdered by handguns, there's no other possible way to murder someone:cuckoo:

Three on trial over Dublin murder, Ireland

I seriously wouldn't get into comparing hand gun deaths from the US with other Western Countries...seriously...

I'm not. I merely stated that had the dead man been allowed the use of a handgun for self defence he probably would still be alive. It's a truism that bad people kill good people. Good people should be allowed to have the means to defend themselves. You don't believe that, so be it. I just hope you are never on the recieving end like the poor dead guy. It will then be too late to change your mind.

And with the proliferation of guns, more murders occurs. There is a reason you get 6.1 murders per 100,000 and we get 1.2. At its most basic, I am five times more likely to be murdered in the US than NZ...

I seriously wouldn't get into comparing hand gun deaths from the US with other Western Countries...seriously...

I'm not. I merely stated that had the dead man been allowed the use of a handgun for self defence he probably would still be alive. It's a truism that bad people kill good people. Good people should be allowed to have the means to defend themselves. You don't believe that, so be it. I just hope you are never on the recieving end like the poor dead guy. It will then be too late to change your mind.

And with the proliferation of guns, more murders occurs. There is a reason you get 6.1 murders per 100,000 and we get 1.2. At its most basic, I am five times more likely to be murdered in the US than NZ...

Actually you're not. The numbers are certainly higher but the vast majority are gang related homicides. If we could lock all of them up we would have crime rates actually lower then yours are now...and if you havn't checked, your crime rates are on the rise.
I've got friends who work with the NSW police as I've told you before and they are seeing more crime and more violent crime every week.

I'm in COMPLETE AWE of your stupidity.

Innocent people don't get killed by criminals hmm?

I don't even know what to say. I just don't. You have to be a totally brainwashed globalist freak to honestly believe that criminals only target criminals and never target innocent people.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating and sad.

It is the truth. In the 15 years I have been living here i cannot remember an innocent person being murdered with a handgun. Perhaps you should do some research before making such a stupid statement.

And here's a person who would be alive today if he had been allowed to defend himself. Because you know, people can only be murdered by handguns, there's no other possible way to murder someone:cuckoo:

Three on trial over Dublin murder, Ireland

This was not a handgun murder.

I don't even know what to say. I just don't. You have to be a totally brainwashed globalist freak to honestly believe that criminals only target criminals and never target innocent people.

It is the truth. In the 15 years I have been living here i cannot remember an innocent person being murdered with a handgun. Perhaps you should do some research before making such a stupid statement.
Really? THAT'S your proof? "I don't remember it happening"?

You're dismissed.

This is why I do not want to argue with stupid people.

Your claim:

"I live in a country where the only murders committed with handguns are criminals killing other criminals."

Women held over Dundalk gun murder - Republic of Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Was her victim a criminal?

I call bullshit.

Do you know where Belfast is?
Yes. Do you know where Dublin is?

Dublin man found guilty of murder - The Irish Times - Mon, Nov 14, 2011

This is an example of a gang on gang murder.

And for future reference, Belfast is part of the UK.

Honest people having guns does not help the matter. I live in a country where the only murders committed with handguns are criminals killing other criminals. This is what strong gun control can do.

I find it seriously hard to believe that criminals only target criminals. Thieves only steal from other thieves. Murderers only kill other murders.

Are you REALLY this stupid?

Jesus, you're more out of touch then Mitt Romney.

I've never been to Ireland so I'll just say fine, you don't need gun freedom because armed robbery isn't a threat to you.

Yes armed robbery happens in the United States to innocent people. To deny this would be like denying the sky is blue...

But you are a prisoner to your fear.....The whole right wing is.

Wow.... are you ever out in lala land on that one... :eusa_eh:

Sure I am.

You for instance fear muslims, communist, black people, gays, and liberal women. You let it control your life.
Like this thread for instance... No one is going to take away your gun.

Pfft...
hahaha-024.gif
... I think you must be hitting the DOPE pretty hard lately.

Last edited:

There's a reason no country has ever even considered invading America. Because the whole country is ARMED. It's a secondary army of 300,000,000 people that occupies this land from shore to shore, and there's no way possible for any army from any country to take it over, no possible way, and it's BECAUSE we're all ARMED. Your country on the other hand wouldn't take but a week to take over if another country decided to take it. Your choice to protect yourself and/or your country is GONE.

So regardless of whether or not your numbers are accurate, you are at the total and complete mercy of your government and the rest of the world. You have no way to defend yourself.

We do, and we're going to keep it.

Last edited:
A lot of countries that have gun control are functioning democracies who don't give a shit about them. The only western nation in the world that is obssessed with their pea shooters is the US.

And it's no coincidence that America is also the freest country on earth.

I totally disagree with you. How much whining do non American posters on this board do about their govt, or even their form of govt. Bugger all. you Yanks? Every second thread it seems.

That aside, from what I know of Western Govts, yours is the least free (well, maybe a tie with the UK)

Hmm what makes you say that?

Honest people having guns does not help the matter. I live in a country where the only murders committed with handguns are criminals killing other criminals. This is what strong gun control can do.

In this country people are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. How do you know any of those murder victums were guilty of a serious crime?

"... being murdered with a handgun."
So you think there is something worse about being murdered with a handgun than a knife or ax?

Really? THAT'S your proof? "I don't remember it happening"?

You're dismissed.

This is why I do not want to argue with stupid people.

You need to look up the definition of "stupid".

I find it seriously hard to believe that criminals only target criminals. Thieves only steal from other thieves. Murderers only kill other murders.

I've never been to Ireland so I'll just say fine, you don't need gun freedom because armed robbery isn't a threat to you.

Yes armed robbery happens in the United States to innocent people. To deny this would be like denying the sky is blue...

Armed robberies in Ireland are usually done with weapons other than guns.

In this country people are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. How do you know any of those murder victums were guilty of a serious crime?

"... being murdered with a handgun."
So you think there is something worse about being murdered with a handgun than a knife or ax?

It informs you of this in the articles about the murders. Tells you what gang they are associated with and what crimes they have been guilty of. You learn much from reading.

It boils down to the fact that libs don't respect the Constitution. They think it's a "flexible" quaint document and some Amendments like the 2nd can be ignored without due process while others can be quietly re-written. Libs managed to find a left wing justice appointed by FDR who was a former KKK member and now they have the modern version of the "separation of church and state" that never existed in the Constitution. Another liberal justice found a "right to privacy" that doesn't exist in Roe v Wade which allowed a woman to hire someone to kill her unborn baby and now we have the abortion industry.

Armed robberies in Ireland are usually done with weapons other than guns.

Of course. The government has already disarmed the potential victums; why bother with a firearm? Personally I don't think much of governments that side with criminals against citizens and will not tolerate it in mine.

Forum List

Back