Indonesia Looks to Ban Black Magic, Premarital Sex

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Practitioners face 5 years in jail
By John Johnson, Newser Staff @ Indonesia Looks to Ban Black Magic, Premarital Sex - Practitioners face 5 years in jail

This may seem trivial and far away, but it clearly shows what Muslim legislators will do if given the chance.

(Newser) – Indonesian lawmakers are considering a new criminal code that probably won't do much to hold the country up as a bastion of modern thinking. Among the proposals in the new code, drafted by a team led by a conservative Muslim scholar:

Premarital sex: Five years in prison

Singles living together: One year in prison

Adultery: Five years in prison; scofflaws currently get 9 months

Black magic: Offering such services, which are big business in the country, also gets five years

Insulting the president: Five years in prison

Practitioners face 5 years in jail
By John Johnson, Newser Staff @ Indonesia Looks to Ban Black Magic, Premarital Sex - Practitioners face 5 years in jail

This may seem trivial and far away, but it clearly shows what Muslim legislators will do if given the chance.

(Newser) – Indonesian lawmakers are considering a new criminal code that probably won't do much to hold the country up as a bastion of modern thinking. Among the proposals in the new code, drafted by a team led by a conservative Muslim scholar:

Premarital sex: Five years in prison

Singles living together: One year in prison

Adultery: Five years in prison; scofflaws currently get 9 months

Black magic: Offering such services, which are big business in the country, also gets five years

Insulting the president: Five years in prison

I have no problem with the black magic thing----but
how can a country conduct free elections if they jail
people for describing the president for the piece of
crap he is? I can see jailing anyone who sticks pins
in a little "president doll"

I can understand banning black magic but for the love of god, why must they ban premarital sex?

Forum List

Back