Indoctrination on Campus

I often wonder about posts like this.

Have you folks ever gone to college?

Based on the ignorant blather some of you write about college, I rather doubt it.

I often wonder about posts like this.

Have you folks ever gone to college?

Based on the ignorant blather some of you write about college, I rather doubt it.

even worse the ones who write well about college are brainwashed liberals who have no idea what happend to their minds.

Its easy enough to prove. Just ask a liberal college grad to say something substantive in support of liberalism.

Too Stupid Ed just edding a long.

even worse the ones who write well about college are brainwashed liberals who have no idea what happend to their minds.

Its easy enough to prove. Just ask a liberal college grad to say something substantive in support of liberalism.

Ending Progressive Public Education

By Daren Jonescu
12/14/12

---

Since November 6, there has been a lot of talk among conservatives (or classical liberals) about "starving the system" as a way of forcing progressivism into dissolution and collapse. No system deserves to be starved more ruthlessly than public education. This is, in many ways, the hardest fight of all, but it is also the most indispensable, and the one that will pay the greatest dividends. This is no time for recriminations or regrets about past error or shortsightedness. And it is no time for careless lunges. It is time to think carefully but efficiently, alone and together, about how to extricate the current and upcoming generations of young people, or at least that portion within our influence, from an education system explicitly designed to shrink their world to the pinhead of the present, to blunt their thought, to erase their conscience -- in sum, a system designed to turn them into the useful idiots of global progressivism.

This battle will require weapons we have never used before, and even some we have not yet invented. And the battlefield is strewn with landmines. This will take time, planning, and coordinated action by people prepared to take chances and forsake other, lesser priorities.

A victory here, however, would be a bargain at almost any price. A soul is a terrible thing to waste. A hundred million souls -- now we are talking about the difference between desolation and hope.

Read more: Articles: Ending Progressive Public Education

Those demonize college are the ones who did not go or did not graduate.

:eusa_shifty:

So the ones that did go or graduated are completely objective about the subject?

I went, and graduated, then went AGAIN and graduated.

Does that make me an expert?

If so, my expert opinion is that college is WAY over-rated.

Of course not, Samson. But without a doubt college qualifies folks professionally in areas that others are not qualified. A caveat is that college cannot substitute for common sense. In my expert opinion, following your guidelines, those who have not attended college for any signficant amount of time generally are unqualified to pass judgement on its value.

Education or Indoctrination?

December 18, 2012
By Jamie Glazov

Frontpage Interview’s guest today is Brigitte Gabriel, the author of two New York Times Best Sellers “Because They Hate” and “They Must Be Stopped.” She is also the founder and president of ACT! for America, the largest national security grassroots organization in the U.S. with over a quarter of a million members, 750 chapters nationwide and a full-time lobbyist on Capital Hill. She just issued a report titled: Education or Indoctrination? The Treatment of Islam in 6th through 12th Grade American Textbooks.

FP: Brigitte, welcome to Frontpage Interview.

Congratulations on issuing your new report, Education or Indoctrination. What inspired you to embark on this project?

Gabriel: When I was doing research for my second book “They Must Be Stopped,” I came across numerous instances where information that was being put in school textbooks or taught in classrooms was inaccurate, sometimes outright false, and at times sounded more like indoctrination than education. ACT! For America Education executive director and I discussed this at length in 2009, because when we traveled and spoke to groups about this they were very concerned. We investigated the issue more closely and found there had been a handful of previous studies done on this, but we believed much more needed to be done. We also knew that if we did a report, we could leverage its impact by drawing on the strength of our growing grassroots organization. So by late 2009 we drafted a plan, created the budget to do it, and embarked on the research in early 2010.

FP: How broad was your research?

Gabriel: We retained a top-notch team of experts with years of experience in this area. They selected 38 textbooks based on how widespread they are used in the schools and how much they address the topic of Islam. To give you an example of the breadth of the research, our team spent two years conducting the research, and comparing what they found with credible historical sources as well as Islamic sources. The results were astonishing, even to those of us who are familiar with this issue.

In some books the errors were less frequent and egregious, but in most of the books errors of the commission and omission occurred with such frequency that it was clearly evident the average student today is receiving a rewrite of history that paints a rose-colored picture of the history and central doctrines of Islam that is not supported by the facts. The report is painstakingly and thoroughly documented, with nearly 375 footnotes and a bibliography of nearly 275 sources.

---
Education or Indoctrination?

Of course not, Samson. But without a doubt college qualifies folks professionally in areas that others are not qualified. A caveat is that college cannot substitute for common sense. In my expert opinion, following your guidelines, those who have not attended college for any signficant amount of time generally are unqualified to pass judgement on its value.

I've been to college and received a degree, and it's my expert opinion that they are nothing but indoctrination mills. Many college majors, like "Womyn's Studies" are pure Marxist propaganda.

And bripat's failure to articulate a coherent thought demonstrates that college cannot fix certain mental disorders.

Sragow-500x281.jpg

Professor Calls Republicans Stupid & Racist

By Todd Starnes
4/13

“I knew that this was going to be a professor that was very left-wing, very biased,” Talgo told Fox News. “I knew this would be one of those classes where the professor would be biased all the time.”

So Talgo decided to fight back.

“As soon as I got back to my dorm, I decided to video his lectures,” he said. “I got inspired.”

The 20-year-old political science major bought a hidden camera disguised as a shirt button. And that’s how he was able to secretly videotape every single lecture delivered by Professor Sragow.

“It’s one thing to say this happened,” Talgo said. “It’s another thing to show that it happened.”

Talgo culled 15-minutes worth of Republican, Tea Party and conservative ranting from Sragow’s lectures and shared them with Campus Reform reporters Oliver Darcy and Josiah Ryan.

“On the first day of class he talked about how Republicans prevent blacks from voting,” Talgo said. “He also said that he used to work for Democratic candidates and it was his job to kill Republicans.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVyPjQki_3M&feature=player_embedded]Professor tells class Republican Party is "stupid and racist" - YouTube[/ame]

The video shows Sragow peppering his lectures with curse words and ridicule for Republicans – with his teaching assistant joining in on the attacks.

“They’re really stupid and racist,” Sragow said at one point. “The Republican party is increasingly the last refuge of old, angry white people who don’t like what’s going on in this country.”

“Old white guys are stubborn sons of bitches,” he noted.

Professor Calls Republicans Stupid & Racist | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

So all college professors and HS teachers are inept because of ONE professor?

Sweeping generalization.

AJ, there you go ahead, brain dead crazee reactionary.

There idiot used one example to condemn hundreds of thousands of individuals.

To call the person out is critical thinking, not an expression of idiot ideology, which is what you just did.

Forum List

Back