Individual mandate in trouble?

Since when does anyone trust the analysis of conservatives further than they can throw them?

You CONZ are just whistling past the graveyard on this one.

Tell me...what will you do if the court finds this constitutional?

Bitch about the LIBERAL BIAS on the Supreme Court?

I hate to break this to you, but there are millions of people who trust the analysis of conservatives everyday. Most people don't make determinations on what they believe based solely on the political philosophy of who made it, but rather on whether it makes sense to their world view.

If the court finds this Constitutional, we will just continue to fight to have it repealed through the legsilative process or through by having this decision overturned in future court decisions. After all, the Supreme Court has made bad decisions before, e.g., Dread Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson, Lochner, Griswold. All bad decisions, some of which have been overturned.

You think this is going to stop the fight? Nope. Fights just getting started if the Court declares it Constitutional. I know you don't like that we wont just give up, but sorry, our liberties are at stake.

Trust the analysis of conservatives?
How did that work out for those who had to bail out wall street?
Or pay for finding out there were no Iraq WMD's? What about Cheney's "dead enders"?
Like when one hired a HORSE SHOW JUDGE to run FEMA?
How about 7 years of war in Afghanistan? Good analysis there?

Probably celebrate a little. That would hasten the march toward single payer.

Republicans and the insurance lobby will have the most difficulty if the mandate is declared unconstitutional.

BTW.........the court is not acting within the limits placed on it by the USC if the rule on it either way. That ought to bother you nutters but it doesn't. Wonder why?

Did you just say that if the SCOTUS rules for, or against Obamacare, they are acting outside their Constitutional authority?

Yes. Do you think you have trapped me or something? The law was passed by duly elected representatives of the people and signed by the duly elected President of the United States. They shouldn't even be hearing the case.

It only passed because Obama manipulated Senator Stupak to vote for it when he was against it....ONLY because Obama PROMISED to remove the part that would force us to pay for abortions! THEN after it was all passed and signed, Obama never fulfilled his promise. Surprise! Surprise! This thing was shoved down our throats, the majority of people screamed that we did not want this. Hell, we didn't even know what was IN IT! Do you always vote for something not even knowing anything about it? Then you're just as stupid.

Did you just say that if the SCOTUS rules for, or against Obamacare, they are acting outside their Constitutional authority?

Yes. Do you think you have trapped me or something? The law was passed by duly elected representatives of the people and signed by the duly elected President of the United States. They shouldn't even be hearing the case.

It's not a matter of trapping you. Don't be so sensitive. I was asking so I understood what you were saying, and so you would not whine if I misinterpreted your comments.

Sensitive my ass.

It only passed because Obama manipulated Senator Stupak to vote for it when he was against it....ONLY because Obama PROMISED to remove the part that would force us to pay for abortions! THEN after it was all passed and signed, Obama never fulfilled his promise. Surprise! Surprise! This thing was shoved down our throats, the majority of people screamed that we did not want this. Hell, we didn't even know what was IN IT! Do you always vote for something not even knowing anything about it? Then you're just as stupid.

Where do you come up with this shit?

It's not a matter of trapping you. Don't be so sensitive. I was asking so I understood what you were saying, and so you would not whine if I misinterpreted your comments.

Sensitive my ass.

yup... sensitive.

Since when does anyone trust the analysis of conservatives further than they can throw them?

You CONZ are just whistling past the graveyard on this one.

Tell me...what will you do if the court finds this constitutional?

Bitch about the LIBERAL BIAS on the Supreme Court?

Tell me...what will you do if the court finds this unconstitutional?

Blame George W Bush.

That's the stupidest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. Apparently, you haven't the slightest clue what federal court system is for. Idiot.

60% are against ACA, 30% want single payer.

The first figure includes the second. That is to say, those who want single payer are also against the ACA. Those who are against the ACA and DON'T want single payer are only 30%.

Opposition to single payer includes those who support the ACA (40%) as well as those who are against it from the right (30%). If the ACA is struck down, and/or proves what a piece of shit it is, the number of people supporting it will decline, while those who support single payer will increase.

Last edited:

That's the stupidest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. Apparently, you haven't the slightest clue what federal court system is for. Idiot.

Really? The stupidest reasoning you've ever heard in your life? Whoa!

Is the federal court system for overturning the will of the people?

60% are against ACA, 30% want single payer.

The first figure includes the second. That is to say, those who want single payer are also against the ACA. Those who are against the ACA and DON'T want single payer are only 30%.

Opposition to single payer includes those who support the ACA (40%) as well as those who are against it from the right (30%). If the ACA is struck down, and/or proves what a piece of shit it is, the number of people supporting it will decline, while those who support single payer will increase.

There is zero chance single payer will happen in the U.S. any time in the near future and it would be unconstitutional anyway.

Ever hear of Marbury v Madison?

When the will of the people calls for something against the Constitution, yes, it is.

the majority 'of the people' were and are against Obamacare.

There is zero chance single payer will happen in the U.S. any time in the near future and it would be unconstitutional anyway.

Single payer already exists in the United States. It's just restricted to old people. We call it Medicare. It's a very popular program. If it were extended to everyone, that would be a very popular program, too.

And clearly it is NOT unconstitutional. If it were, Medicare would have been struck down by now.

If the will of the people is unconstitutional, then yes dumb ass, that's exactly what they're for. It doesn't matter if a piece of legislation was passed by a duly elected Congress and signed by the president. It doesn't matter even if most people like it. They still have to follow the law when writing their legislation. If it violates the Constitution it's illegitimate. PERIOD. You don't really don't know that?

the majority 'of the people' were and are against Obamacare.

True, but 1) irrelevant to his question, and 2) misleading. The correct answer is that the court IS supposed to strike down popular laws that are unconstitutional. If the people want the law badly enough, they can amend the Constitution to allow it.

It's misleading in that people who say this are lumping together those who dislike the ACA from the right (and don't want universal health care coverage) and those who dislike it from the left (and want a single payer system). That's completely improper.

Single payer already exists in the United States. It's just restricted to old people. We call it Medicare. It's a very popular program. If it were extended to everyone, that would be a very popular program, too.

And it's going bankrupt and many doctors no longer accept it because it underpays them, which is one of the reasons why the cost of health care is going up, by the way.

And clearly it is NOT unconstitutional. If it were, Medicare would have been struck down by now.

Has it been challenged?

People should really put down their prediction rods. Getting asked tough questions in oral argument doesn't mean the judge is going to rule against you.

Forum List

Back