Indianapolis To Drop Rush Limbaugh

I would never have thought that the folks in Indianapolis were that sensible.

I guess it's bad news for those who reject facts and truth and want their entertainment totally emotion based.

Now tell us again how they aren't shallow and petty?

they spread their hate around that's for sure

I just posted this in a new thread. explains a lot

SNIP:
It’s Science: Conservatives and Liberals Really Are Pretty Different. Here’s How…
With a presidential election on the horizon, maybe we should try to figure out what makes each side of the political aisle tick. Knowing what someone else cares about, instead of just lobbing insults on message boards, can sometimes help you land on something close to understanding.

A social psychologist named Jonathan Haidt has spent the bulk of his career trying to figure out what motivates both conservatives and liberals. He’s uncovered some interesting points, which have been published in a book called “The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion.”

According to Haidt’s research, there are five things people care about:

1. avoidance of harm
  2. fairness
  3. loyalty
  4. authority
  5. sanctity
Conservatives care about all five in equal measure and liberals care about only the first two. Here is a quote from the book, as transcribed by The American Conservative:

all of it here
It s Science Conservatives and Liberals Really Are Pretty Different. Here s How

I just posted this in a new thread. explains a lot

SNIP:
It’s Science: Conservatives and Liberals Really Are Pretty Different. Here’s How…
With a presidential election on the horizon, maybe we should try to figure out what makes each side of the political aisle tick. Knowing what someone else cares about, instead of just lobbing insults on message boards, can sometimes help you land on something close to understanding.

A social psychologist named Jonathan Haidt has spent the bulk of his career trying to figure out what motivates both conservatives and liberals. He’s uncovered some interesting points, which have been published in a book called “The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion.”

According to Haidt’s research, there are five things people care about:

1. avoidance of harm
  2. fairness
  3. loyalty
  4. authority
  5. sanctity
Conservatives care about all five in equal measure and liberals care about only the first two. Here is a quote from the book, as transcribed by The American Conservative:

all of it here
It s Science Conservatives and Liberals Really Are Pretty Different. Here s How
So you need someone to tell you how to think?

How is it Conservatives shout from the roof tops about the 'success' of Fox News, champion flame throwers like Limbaugh when he creates a mess and says something outrageous, but when he loses market share in Indianapolis suddenly it's no big deal?

Conservatives: the ideology that struts when it's wounded.

If I was Limbaugh's producer I would be worried.
Indiana is a VERY conservative state. Very. I live here.
So it is a microcosm of his general audience demographic. If he can only garner 6% marketshare here...well...
A lot of you guys don't know squat about radio market share numbers.

The demise of Rush has been an ongoing topic on this and countless other messagee boards for years now. But when he keeps on keeping on we get people in here like JoeB who just make things up to support their fondest desires when it comes to Rush.

Syndicated radio shows change stations all the time, especially in smaller and mid-sized markets. That's just how the syndication game is played.

Oh, well. Continue with the rants until you tire, and then y'all can assume your Fox fallback positions and bitch about them some more.

Yea I am sure he is worried

Rush Stations in Indiana

Market Station Freq Air Time
Anderson WHBU-AM 1240 M-F 12p-3p
Bedford WBIW-AM 1340 M-F 12p-3p
Bloomington WGCL-AM 1370 M-F 12p-3p
Columbus WCSI-AM 1010 M-F 12p-3p
Elkhart WTRC-AM 1340 M-F 12p3p
Evansville WGBF-AM 1280 M-F 11a2p
Ft. Wayne WOWO-AM 1190 M-F 12p-3p
Ft. Wayne WOWO-FM 92.3 M-F 12p3p
Indianapolis WIBC-FM 93.1 M-F 12p-3p
Jasper WITZ-AM 990 M-F 12p3p
Paris WPRS-AM 1440 M-F 12p3p
South Bend WTRC-FM 95.3 M-F 12p3p
Terre Haute WIBQ-AM 1300 M-F 12p3p
Vincennes WAOV-AM 1450 M-F 11a2p

Losing a small to middlin' market like Indianapolis probably won't cause Rush to stop smoking hundred dollar Cuban cigars, he only had about a 6% share of the Indianapolis radio market anyway but-----but it's bound to piss off a bunch-o-old farts in Indianapolis?

Indianapolis To Drop Rush Limbaugh

April 13, 2015

Emmis News/Talk 93.1 WIBC has ended its partnership with Premiere Radio Networks and drop Rush Limbaugh on July 3.

No replacement has yet to be named nor has a potential new affiliate for Limbaugh in the market. WIBC currently ranks third in the market with 6.6 share as the only commercial Talk station that covers the entire market.

<and>

Radio Station WIBC Admits The 'Real' Reason They Are Dumping GOP Extremist Rush Limbaugh

Apr 15, 2015

<snip>

Advertisers can't handle the pressure and loss of customers. Most companies, other than those run by Republican Dittoheads, are avoiding Rush Limbaugh like the plague. This was not the case in 2012. That year, self-proclaimed 'El Rushbo' enjoyed sitting on the king's throne of Conservative 'hate radio' with a plethora of large lucrative sponsors. That all changed after he called an unknown college student a 'slut' and 'prostitute' while she advocated for insurance-paid birth control at a congressional hearing. Once Limbaugh's rant hit social media and went viral, huge sponsors like Ford, GM, McDonald's, Subway, Carbonite…began to pull their ads immediately after seeing the public's outrage.

<snip>

Sorry to break the bad news to you but mega watt WLS am out of Chicago can be heard in indy when I lived in Chicago and used to travel the signal driving down I 65 wouldn't fade out till I hit Louisville ky
Even God tunes in to check up on the talent He loaned Rush.

Looking forward to another broadcast from the southern command HQ
at the EIB studio.

That's excellence in broadcasting studio for the uninformed.
Rush broadcasts using the EIB golden microphone.

A "victory" for the remnants of liberalism? You almost gotta laugh. Why is this considered a "current event"? It should be in the media forum. Lefties always confuse political pressure with freedom. It's not hard to assume that the local politicos in a state that is under fire for insulting sissies put pressure on the only market they could in order to cancel a source of information that they didn't like. If that pesky Constitution didn't keep getting in the way the federal government would be doing it all over the Country.

Forum List

Back