Indiana parents warn nation after child is removed from home for improper pronoun usage: ‘Can happen anywhere’

I would be curious to know if this is another case of leftists grooming the child in school while intentionally keeping the parents out of any discussions.

That's my initial thought. Too many cases of schools grooming and hiding it from parents

Parents were unwilling to use pronouns the child wanted to refer to them as the wrong sex, so the state took their child away from them.

Sounds about right.

If it happened in Indiana, it can happen literally anywhere.
Yes, if parents are abusing the child, and making his condition worse, the state should step in.

The child had a serious eating disorder in addition to gender dysphoria.

The DCS received allegations that the child's physical and mental condition was endangered by her parents who were not referring to her by her preferred pronouns. Reports of alleged verbal and emotional abuse over the teen's gender identity were filed. They are allegations the Coxes deny.

The Indiana Attorney General's Office argued the conflict over the child's gender identity was not why the state took her away from her parents.

'Rather, petitioners' child was removed because the child had a severe eating disorder that petitioners had not been able to effectively address for two years, that jeopardized the child's brain and bone health,' the attorney general's office argued.

In 2021, Indiana officials investigated the couple and placed the child in a 'gender affirming' home.

Yes, if parents are abusing the child, and making his condition worse, the state should step in.

The child had a serious eating disorder in addition to gender dysphoria.

The DCS received allegations that the child's physical and mental condition was endangered by her parents who were not referring to her by her preferred pronouns. Reports of alleged verbal and emotional abuse over the teen's gender identity were filed. They are allegations the Coxes deny.

The Indiana Attorney General's Office argued the conflict over the child's gender identity was not why the state took her away from her parents.

'Rather, petitioners' child was removed because the child had a severe eating disorder that petitioners had not been able to effectively address for two years, that jeopardized the child's brain and bone health,' the attorney general's office argued.

In 2021, Indiana officials investigated the couple and placed the child in a 'gender affirming' home.
If the parents were abusive, I would agree. But the charge is their abuse is only refusing to use certain pronouns.

That is not abuse. They are loving parents.

If the parents were abusive, I would agree. But the charge is their abuse is only refusing to use certain pronouns.

That is not abuse. They are loving parents.
Um, no, the abuse was that this child had a severe eating disorder that they hadn't addressed in two years of bad parenting.

Screaming "JESUS!" at a kid doesn't fix that. Who knew?

A child who insists that its gender identity is inconsistent with its genitalia is mentally ill. Like it or not, it is the parents who must decide how to deal with that mental illness, at least initially. If "health" professionals patronize the delusion they should lose their professional credentials. They are charlatans. There is NOTHING in the medical literature that supports the notion that gender and sex can be different.

A child who insists that its gender identity is inconsistent with its genitalia is mentally ill. Like it or not, it is the parents who must decide how to deal with that mental illness, at least initially. If "health" professionals patronize the delusion they should lose their professional credentials. They are charlatans. There is NOTHING in the medical literature that supports the notion that gender and sex can be different.
Actually, there have been extensive studies that have shown that Gender-Affirming care is the best route in dealing with people suffering from Gender Dysphoria.

This isn't about their mental hangups, it's about yours.

I'm not sure we are hearing or reading all the details. In this article, it is stated that the parents sought therapeutic care and recognized the eating disorder. Yet, in the article, the child, who is now in their late teens, is not removed for the eating disorder but because of the lack of using pronouns.

Look, I've raised a few kids and also been around a few additional kids and teenagers. Teens who are craving attention, can latch onto social fads. There are plenty of discerning adults who recognize that the gross attention applied to "Trans" today, is influencing children. It's no different than someone clutching tightly to their political ideology, god, etc., because it creates a sense of belonging and community.

A teen at this age is fully capable of creating false narratives that will support their agenda. And because we have this hyper sensationalism regarding 'trans', we now have hyper-over reaction from political parties, the MSM, and gov't offices. Not because they actually care about the 'trans' person, but because they are afraid of what happens if they support the parents in this case, or the agency reacts in a way that is 'virtue signaling' to support and garner votes.

But I see nothing that says, the teen was removed because of a eating disorder and the lack of care. Even the first article mentions the order, but then says, the Teen (who is now close to being an adult) was removed because the parents did not want to use 'pronouns'.

Hell, when I was a kid we used to say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me'. God we are breeding the softest most sensitive, triggered and offended group of humans I've ever seen.

Um, no, the abuse was that this child had a severe eating disorder that they hadn't addressed in two years of bad parenting.

Screaming "JESUS!" at a kid doesn't fix that. Who knew?
Also they took the child out of school with no efforts to transfer or homeschool said child.

Actually, there have been extensive studies that have shown that Gender-Affirming care is the best route in dealing with people suffering from Gender Dysphoria.
Gender affirming care is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
As a parent myself, if my child approached me and said, they are concerned about their identity, I wouldn't touch one thing on their body, nor let them until they fully develop and grow into an adult.

If one were to start this 'affirming care' (GAC) the irreversible harm and changes to the body have a destructive impact.
GAC, if started early, sterilizes the child.
For a male to female, using puberty blockers stunts the growth of the penis, therefore creating a huge risk for doctors if the male wants to undergo surgery to form a vagina. This is because the vagina is formed from the tissue of the penis, and if you stop the growth, you have nothing to work with. How's that for GAC?
Then you have the risk of never having normal sexual functions. I would never want to take from my children their ability, right, and opportunity to explore their sexuality. You remove a penis, or reconstruct a penis for a woman, their is substantial risk that the person will never orgasm. That doesn't sound like GAC to me, you?
Then how about a life time of hormonal treatment.
Then for men who transition to female, if the doctors can form a vagina, there is the continual need post op to dilate the vagina, or it will close up! Look up Jazz from the TLC show. Recently I read an article where a male to female patient died because of infection when trying to sculpt a vagina

GAC is presented as this security blanket of love and affection. But the irreversible risks, side affects, are never talked about and are very real.

This is why, children need to grow, mature, and experience for themselves how they want their bodies to experience sex. For thousands of years, homosexuals have existed and lived their lives and kept the bodies they were born with. Medical capacity today, doesn't equate to medical necessity in this case.

Well the kid is now over 18, so barring the parents trying to get power of attorney over him, he's now free to be drugged an mutilated in attempt to pretend he's something he is not.

I'm not sure we are hearing or reading all the details. In this article, it is stated that the parents sought therapeutic care and recognized the eating disorder. Yet, in the article, the child, who is now in their late teens, is not removed for the eating disorder but because of the lack of using pronouns.
Actually, no, DCS specifically cited the untreated eating disorder and the removal of the child from School as reasons why the child was removed.

It wasn't just about the pronouns.

Look, I've raised a few kids and also been around a few additional kids and teenagers. Teens who are craving attention, can latch onto social fads. There are plenty of discerning adults who recognize that the gross attention applied to "Trans" today, is influencing children. It's no different than someone clutching tightly to their political ideology, god, etc., because it creates a sense of belonging and community.

Oh, come on, man. This isn't a fad.

A teen at this age is fully capable of creating false narratives that will support their agenda. And because we have this hyper sensationalism regarding 'trans', we now have hyper-over reaction from political parties, the MSM, and gov't offices. Not because they actually care about the 'trans' person, but because they are afraid of what happens if they support the parents in this case, or the agency reacts in a way that is 'virtue signaling' to support and garner votes.

Funny, the only people I see politicizing transgender issues is the right wing who are trying to convince people there's a hoard of evil trannies out to get their kids.

But I see nothing that says, the teen was removed because of a eating disorder and the lack of care. Even the first article mentions the order, but then says, the Teen (who is now close to being an adult) was removed because the parents did not want to use 'pronouns'.
Please not the article I cited.

Hell, when I was a kid we used to say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me'. God we are breeding the softest most sensitive, triggered and offended group of humans I've ever seen.

Again, the only people I see getting 'triggered" are the right wing going crazy because Trans people exist.

Parents were unwilling to use pronouns the child wanted to refer to them as the wrong sex, so the state took their child away from them.

Sounds about right.

If it happened in Indiana, it can happen literally anywhere.
I'll bet you almost any amount of money that there's a lot more to that story that Faux is telling you.

Gender affirming care is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
As a parent myself, if my child approached me and said, they are concerned about their identity, I wouldn't touch one thing on their body, nor let them until they fully develop and grow into an adult.

I would generally be reluctant to allow bottom surgery on a minor, which is why it is almost never done.

Other gender-affirming care does make sense, before the body grows too far into the wrong gender for that person. If you are going to treat someone with hormones, it's best to do that before the kid reaches puberty.

This is why, children need to grow, mature, and experience for themselves how they want their bodies to experience sex. For thousands of years, homosexuals have existed and lived their lives and kept the bodies they were born with. Medical capacity today, doesn't equate to medical necessity in this case.
For thousands of years, homosexuals were murdered by religious fanatics.

Also, transgender isn't the same thing as homosexuality.

Forum List

Back