Indiana is for Bigots - video and Pence running for cover

Laws like this shouldn't even be needed and they wouldn't if, and once again, the homosexuals hadn't forced the hand. That is a fact and everyone knows it

That doesn't really make sense though. The reason why the homosexuals were bringing lawsuits was because of the fact that they were being discriminated against. If there hadn't been discrimination in the first place, i.e. refusing to bake a cake because a couple is homosexual, then there would have been absolutely no grounds for such lawsuits. If people would just treat them as they would any other person, then it wouldn't be an issue, I'm sure. You don't have to agree with what kind of sex they have to be able to treat them as any other person. Their sex life has nothing to do with it, IMO. They aren't breaking any laws, and they just want to live their lives without other people trying to make them feel less than human.

They were targeting the businesses and before you say no they were not they owned up to it in cases. What you are seeing now is the blow back to them doing that. Live with it

They were targeting businesses that would discriminate against them anyways? I don't necessarily agree with them targeting people, but those people wouldn't have to worry about it if they were not discriminating.

Look, you have your thoughts and I have mine. If it were my business I'd do business with whoever wanted to do business with me BUT I respect those that don't want to as well.

Like I've said, I'm not against the bill, only because I don't think the government should tell a private business owner who he HAS to do business with. I draw the line at any kind of "public servants." They should never be allowed to discriminate, IMO.

BUT, those people are going to have to expect to lose business if they choose discriminatory business practices. A lot of people would not approve of discriminatory business practices because they realize that someday it could be THEM who are discriminated against . . . for God knows what reason.

Chik Fil La didn't lose business did they? Keep in mind homosexuals number about 3% Christians numb er nearly 80%....numbers are important

That doesn't really make sense though. The reason why the homosexuals were bringing lawsuits was because of the fact that they were being discriminated against. If there hadn't been discrimination in the first place, i.e. refusing to bake a cake because a couple is homosexual, then there would have been absolutely no grounds for such lawsuits. If people would just treat them as they would any other person, then it wouldn't be an issue, I'm sure. You don't have to agree with what kind of sex they have to be able to treat them as any other person. Their sex life has nothing to do with it, IMO. They aren't breaking any laws, and they just want to live their lives without other people trying to make them feel less than human.

They were targeting the businesses and before you say no they were not they owned up to it in cases. What you are seeing now is the blow back to them doing that. Live with it

They were targeting businesses that would discriminate against them anyways? I don't necessarily agree with them targeting people, but those people wouldn't have to worry about it if they were not discriminating.

Look, you have your thoughts and I have mine. If it were my business I'd do business with whoever wanted to do business with me BUT I respect those that don't want to as well.

Like I've said, I'm not against the bill, only because I don't think the government should tell a private business owner who he HAS to do business with. I draw the line at any kind of "public servants." They should never be allowed to discriminate, IMO.

BUT, those people are going to have to expect to lose business if they choose discriminatory business practices. A lot of people would not approve of discriminatory business practices because they realize that someday it could be THEM who are discriminated against . . . for God knows what reason.

Chik Fil La didn't lose business did they? Keep in mind homosexuals number about 3% Christians numb er nearly 80%....numbers are important

I heard that they had apologized???

I heard a lot of things but the fact remains the homosexuals launched their boycott and very quickly learned the masses were not behind them

I heard a lot of things but the fact remains the homosexuals launched their boycott and very quickly learned the masses were not behind them

Well that doesn't seem to be the case in Indiana.

Nope. The only time it's "wrong" in the sense that it should be outlawed is when government is involved. Private citizens haven't violated anyone's right by discriminating against them because no one has a right to be served. Making people do things is not what rights are.

Sure, I agree that they don't have to serve anyone, but it's one dumbass business decision and they WILL pay for it. Times have changed. About time some of you conservatives acknowledge that. We aren't living in the 1950s anymore.
I think your getting sucked into the Leftist narrative that conservatives are pining for any opportunity to discriminate. In fact if public accommodation laws were repealed, very little would change because racism is not a conservative value, and tolerance is and always has been. Leftists are deluded and project the impious bigotry in their own hearts onto others.

Well, you would never know that by reading some of the posts on these forums. Some people make it QUITE clear that they are more than willing to treat homosexual people as less than human because of their religious beliefs.
Actually the only time I see conservatives propose to turn away gay people is when their service would categorically support their lifestyle, such as catering for gay weddings. Conservatives are very easy going people and don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms until it's shoved in their faces. I think you've become convinced of a myth that never has been true.

Good Lord, baking a cake does NOT mean you support the "gay lifestyle." It's baking a damn cake. Nobody is shoving anything in your face by asking you to bake a cake.

Some see it as more than that, and their Constitutional rights are actually defined in the Constitution.

I know enough to know that Jesus surrounded himself with "sinners." He treated them like human beings. He was on the side of Mary Magdelan the prostitute when men wanted to kill her for being a prostitute. Something like, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus didn't let people continue in their sin, but called them to repentance. You seemed well versed in Jesus telling a crowd of hypocrites that anyone who is blameless should cast the first stone, but you left out the ending where Jesus tells the woman, "Go and sin no more". People like you intentionally confuse Jesus's love of sinners with the condoning of sin. You pick out the parts of the gospels that fit your image of Jesus and discard the rest. I have something to tell you, and listen up all Leftists:

Your South Park Plastic Dashboard Jesus does not exist!

The only reason why a person would refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple is because of their hatred. That's the bottom line. There is no other logical explanation. It's not YOUR job to judge them. God doesn't need your help. Baking a cake or taking pictures or whatever is NOT approving of anyone's lifestyle. In fact, there are a plenty of sleazy heterosexuals couples who get married for money or who have no intentions on being faithful, some are abusive, etc.

Not only that, but if you had been reading my posts, I said I am okay with this law. It just outs the ugly bigots, and a LOT of people would choose not to do business with such hateful people.

That's how you see it. But normal people don't see it that way. They see two men trying to copulate and act "as mom and dad" to kids as mentally ill. And they see their trying to take over and redact the word "marriage" to institutionalize their mental illness as dysfunctional and contrary to a solid social structure.

When you see someone doing something that you consider dysfunctional, you react as Christians do to "gay marriage". Your "healthy and normal" is the majority's "unhealthy and dysfunctional". You cannot command other people to consider a starkly abnormal way of behaving as OK. Fatherless sons and motherless daughters is never OK.

You don't have to hate someone if you refuse to enable them. A mother of a son drug addict wouldn't be "hating" him if she refused to enable his using. A police officer arresting a drunk driver doesn't hate him. His motivation is care and compassion for the people on the road that drunk might kill. Gay marriage stands to harm children (and society by extension) by depriving them of both genders as role models. This is wrong. The people resisting doing this don't hate those who would, they're just expressing their compassion for children and society as a whole by saying they're putting their heels in and not going along with it.

You're obviously not religious

I know enough to know that Jesus surrounded himself with "sinners." He treated them like human beings. He was on the side of Mary Magdelan the prostitute when men wanted to kill her for being a prostitute. Something like, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

That has nothing to do with what you call "hate". I suggest you practice what you preach....tolerance for those that do not hold your beliefs if not you are practicing tyranny

I should practice what I preach? I do. I don't care what gay people do in their bedroom. It's not my business. IF they are "sinning" then God will take care of it. They are STILL human beings and should be treated like human beings.

None of this would be happening if they hadn't started targeting and suing. Is that acting like humans? Nope, it's pushing an agenda trying to look "normal" and it's safe to say you can't force someone to view homosexuality as normal. It's not going to happen

Because their feelings are hurt, and that makes them feel angry. I'm sure you would feel angry if someone refused your business because of such a silly reason. I disagree that it's about making it "normal" as they are a big minority. It's that they want to be treated like people and like everyone else.

Who gives a crap if their feelings are hurt? I certainly don't. I'm sure the feelings of the baker who had to pay a $100,000 fine were hurt.

The bottom line, people should not be forced to do something they don't want to do. That's tyranny. "Equality" is not a justification for the government to use force against innocent people.

Sorry, I don't want to insult people, I really don't, but some people have turned their religion into a very UGLY thing. That's my opinion.

yes....the Left's 'religion' has become very ugly in its march to stamp out Christian values...

Nobody is trying to "stamp out" your values. Especially not me. My aunt is a TRUE Christian. She wouldn't turn anybody away.
Of course they are. That's exactly what the queer Nazis are trying to do.

That has nothing to do with what you call "hate". I suggest you practice what you preach....tolerance for those that do not hold your beliefs if not you are practicing tyranny

I should practice what I preach? I do. I don't care what gay people do in their bedroom. It's not my business. IF they are "sinning" then God will take care of it. They are STILL human beings and should be treated like human beings.

None of this would be happening if they hadn't started targeting and suing. Is that acting like humans? Nope, it's pushing an agenda trying to look "normal" and it's safe to say you can't force someone to view homosexuality as normal. It's not going to happen

Because their feelings are hurt, and that makes them feel angry. I'm sure you would feel angry if someone refused your business because of such a silly reason. I disagree that it's about making it "normal" as they are a big minority. It's that they want to be treated like people and like everyone else.

Who gives a crap if their feelings are hurt? I certainly don't. I'm sure the feelings of the baker who had to pay a $100,000 fine were hurt.

The bottom line, people should not be forced to do something they don't want to do. That's tyranny. "Equality" is not a justification for the government to use force against innocent people.

I already agreed with that, didn't I? Can you not read?

Sorry, I don't want to insult people, I really don't, but some people have turned their religion into a very UGLY thing. That's my opinion.

yes....the Left's 'religion' has become very ugly in its march to stamp out Christian values...

Nobody is trying to "stamp out" your values. Especially not me. My aunt is a TRUE Christian. She wouldn't turn anybody away.

The queer nazis? Lol. Okay. I can see that there is no reasoning with you people. A hateful little man is what you are.

I bert business owner is Indianapolis are saying" really, now? Why didn't you wait till later to introduce this bill?" Right before the final four when ALOT of people pour into town and go out to watch the games. Pence didn't think this through as he KNEW FOR SURE that the heated debate was coming. That's now the reason for his scramble.
No he didn't. The queer Gestapo didn't complain when 19 other states did it, nor when President Clinton did it. They chose this particular moment precisely for the publicity it would generate. This is a propaganda stunt.

The queer nazis? Lol. Okay. I can see that there is no reasoning with you people. A hateful little man is what you are.

I'm done reasoning with queers. From now on it's all-out war on them.

Your Christian values do not trump our Societal ones, at least not in the marketplace they don't. In the home and the church, you have wide latitude.

Christian values are part and parcel of 'Societal' values....your leftie values are not any better than christian values...
Your values serve Christians, ours serve everyone. Gonna have to go with ours eh?

Your values serve tyranny. A legitimate government isn't in the business of "serving" anyone.

Where within the Constitution is the government provided the power to dictate morality? Is not ones choice to provide or refuse service?

That quaking you feel is from all their boots.

Reasoning with them? By telling them you aren't going to serve them because of what they do in their bedrooms? Sorry, but that is FAR from being reasonable in my eyes.

And don't whine when you face a backlash from the educated public.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination except when that discrimination is based of on race, religion, national origin, or sex and now in many states, sexual orientation. In states where gays are a protected class, it is illegal to for a merchant to refuse service to a gay person just because they are gay. The Supreme Court has "repeatedly found" that those engaged in commercial activity are subject to state discrimination laws, regardless of their religious beliefs. Refusal to serve a same-sex couple due to religious objection to same-sex weddings is no different from refusing to serve a biracial couple because of religious objection to biracial marriage.

I understand what you are posting and how the law is applied.
I am just wondering why discriminating against one protected class in favor of another protected class could seriously be considered equal protection under the law.
Giving examples of what is done does not explain how it represents equality.

Now if you want to say a bunch of people figured their discrimination is justified, then I am okay with that ... But that still doesn't make it equal nor does it support the idea the protected class that is discriminated against is actually protected in any way other than unsubstantiated verbage.

Why would discriminating against one protected class in favor of another protected class seriously be considered equal protection under the law?
A case such as the one in Colorado where a merchant refused to serve a customer because of religious beliefs did not involve two protected classes. The gay coupled was protected under the Colorado anti-discrimination law which covers public accommodations and thus was a protected class. The baker was not a member of a protected class in Colorado because state and federal laws protecting religious freedom and free speech did not apply to this case.

A protected class is not protected against all discrimination. The laws are specific as to types of discrimination covered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back