Indian state bans animal sacrifices as 'barbaric'

Did anybody in this day and age really think that animal sacrifices are acceptable behavior in any country?
Hopefully this law and copies of it will be enforced through out the civilized world.
Who the hell would have thought that in 2014 this would law would even be needed.
Indian state bans animal sacrifices as barbaric - Yahoo News

So do we now ban slaughtering of animals for eating as well? Because that is what happens to the sacrifices in these cases.

Did anybody in this day and age really think that animal sacrifices are acceptable behavior in any country?
Hopefully this law and copies of it will be enforced through out the civilized world.
Who the hell would have thought that in 2014 this would law would even be needed.

So do we now ban slaughtering of animals for eating as well? Because that is what happens to the sacrifices in these cases.

And you can swear that is the case 100% of the time?
Sorry there is a difference between an animal sacrifice and stopping at the grocery store.

Sorry there is a difference between an animal sacrifice and stopping at the grocery store.

Actually there really isn't, and your modern isolation from what has to happen to GET said animal to your grocery store is telling.

I am fully aware that every time I eat a burger some cattle had to get thumped in the skull, and when I eat a chicken cutlet, some bird had its head chopped off. What is the moral difference between what happens to the animals for me to eat them, and if they are sacrificed to whatever God is being worshiped? Especially if there is nothing overtly cruel about the method.

Actually there really isn't, and your modern isolation from what has to happen to GET said animal to your grocery store is telling.

I am fully aware that every time I eat a burger some cattle had to get thumped in the skull, and when I eat a chicken cutlet, some bird had its head chopped off. What is the moral difference between what happens to the animals for me to eat them, and if they are sacrificed to whatever God is being worshiped? Especially if there is nothing overtly cruel about the method.

No kidding, an animal had to die so that I could have a burger or steak. Many birds give their life to keep the Colonel Harland David Sanders smiling and in the money. However :There is a difference between giving thanks for a meal and an animal sacrifice.

No kidding, an animal had to die so that I could have a burger or steak. Many birds give their life to keep the Colonel Harland David Sanders smiling and in the money. However :There is a difference between giving thanks for a meal and an animal sacrifice.

To you maybe, but to the animal activists who started this, I bet they consider both equally abhorrent.

When an animal is butchered via Kashrut or Halal methods, whats really happening is a sacrifice, one that is required prior to making the animal fit for consumption. How is that any different when some Hindus do it, and then eat the meat?

You do know that animal sacrifice is completely legal in all 50 states. It became legal in a supreme court case brought by the Santerias.

You do know that animal sacrifice is completely legal in all 50 states. It became legal in a supreme court case brought by the Santerias.
Being in South Florida and familiar with Santeria, their animal sacrifices are not used for food afterward.
This is one of the reasons Iam 100% against animal sacrifices. Unfortunately, this is the down side of Freedom of Religion in America

Belief has always been allowed. Up until we decided to become barbaric, practice has not. Following the morally confused line of thinking we could not ban human sacrifice. Nor could we prohibit beheading a man's wife or daughter. We couldn't begin to prohibit ritual mutilation either.

Forum List

Back