Delta Flight Diverted Due To Dispute Between Passengers Over Reclining Seat

Don't know what sort of legal trouble one gets in for causing a flight to make an unscheduled landing, but hope it's significant. Plus, it might help if the media would let everyone know what exactly happens to the idiots.

Americans are getting bigger and airlines aren't accommodating them, seats may even be smaller. Personally, I think fat folks should have to buy two seats. It's unfair to have spillover in your small area that you payed for.

I can see it happening when a tall person (like me) has no room for their legs and a fat ass in front reclines and crushes your knee cap.

I can see it happening when a tall person (like me) has no room for their legs and a fat ass in front reclines and crushes your knee cap.
So spend the extra bucks and get the exit row seats if you are that uncomfortable. That person in front of you has the the right to use the reclining feature of the seat they paid for, and they don't need your permission to do it.

And what does a fat ass have to do with the reclining feature?

So spend the extra bucks and get the exit row seats if you are that uncomfortable. That person in front of you has the the right to use the reclining feature of the seat they paid for, and they don't need your permission to do it.
I always spend the money for the exit row seats but sometimes they are sold out as well as first class. I awlays check with the person behind me before I recline, its common curtesey

Last edited:
This is why I fly First Class. If it's for business travel I'm not allowed so I have to buy a coach ticket, but I'll upgrade to an Exit Row or the bulk head. Delta has Economy Comfort which has more leg room and is fairly inexpensive to upgrade to.

I always spend the money for the extra seats but sometimes they are sold out as well as first class. I awlays check with the person behind me before I recline, its common curtesey
Nice of you to ask, but not required.
Now the question is if the person in front of you reclined would you cause a stink, and cause the plane to be diverted or you would agree that the person has the right to used the reclining feature and let it go at that?

This is why I fly First Class. If it's for business travel I'm not allowed so I have to buy a coach ticket, but I'll upgrade to an Exit Row or the bulk head. Delta has Economy Comfort which has more leg room and is fairly inexpensive to upgrade to.
I normally do as well but if its last minute and sold out im screwed, I am 6'4" I need leg room

I always spend the money for the extra seats but sometimes they are sold out as well as first class. I awlays check with the person behind me before I recline, its common curtesey
Nice of you to ask, but not required.
Now the question is if the person in front of you reclined would you cause a stink, and cause the plane to be diverted or you would agree that the person has the right to used the reclining feature and let it go at that?
I would let them know they are causing me discomfort and ask them to please move the seat back up. I would not ground a flight over it.

When they reclined in in front of me I used it to rest on...Would they be happier if all they got was a long bench to sit on like the military plane??

Its not the passengers, its the designers of the seats

Note to the passenger in front of me: There is no room, don't recline

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Forum List

Back