Independents Now Largest Voter Group in United States

I think elected officials who commit crimes in office should have double punishments ... starting with Donald J. Trump mishandling of classified documents ...

Those cover sheets said "Top Secret/SCI" ... in a bathroom ... I'd spend the rest of my life in military prison if I did that ... it's fair Trump should go as well ... are there others, sure, lock them up as well ... just being an elected official doesn't put you above the law ... buck-o ... or just line up the 11-year-old girls in front of Congress' No-Tell-Motel ...
What about taking bribes in office?

Then your independents you voted for become part of the corrupted system.

Something bigger than that needs to take place. A political assassination?
Were it left up to me the bridges leading into DC would look like the Appian Way with moaning politicians.

R.6f4767642f2ecd046ac451ded3b22ad7

They vote, though and have a leveling effect at national level.
Well, if they vote than that's a different meaning of them being silent, from what I imagined.
At local level, independence is much more important, and in many cases and many places, party is downplayed, and not that big a factor, where locally they go for the best man for the job, not some tool of a party.

If everything is fine then there's not much need for a discussion.

Seems to me that independents are swallowed up by the system at the national level.

“There is a consensus that people are tired of polarization and tired of the sort of politics where you’re always voting against something and never for something.”

Yep. Sick of it. I've had to vote for a party I very much don't like in the last two elections, and I was ALREADY pissed off.

I still don't think that we can regain control from the nutter bases on the ends unless and until we fix this fucked up electoral system.
Perhaps, but you still voted Democrat, and you always will.

Go look as earlier posts. I have answered that several times. Somebody even did a thread on that specific question, not of me personally, but I had no problem. Look it up or blow it off, makes no difference to me.
Like you…I can’t find anything without a link.
Give us something short and quantifiable…it should only take a second, it should be there right on the tip of your tongue.
Mac1958 …..how about you?

If the States are willing to sponsor and implement mass Election Fraud, and the Courts won’t allow a real Audit? Independents don’t matter. Case closed //

hahaha…
yeah, yeah…that “coup” is ruining America….not millions of invading wetbacks, not black criminality….That coup has people afraid to walk the streets at night.
None of those issues can be effectively dealt with until the attempted coup is resolved.

Your issues are simply saying that it has to be resolved in Trump's favour.

None of those issues can be effectively dealt with until the attempted coup is resolved.

Your issues are simply saying that it has to be resolved in Trump's favour.
How would you "effectively resolve" the so-called coup?

How would you "effectively resolve" the so-called coup?
My opinion wouldn't be helpful, it would only introduce bias.

How do the Dems intend on dealing with the attempted coup? Isn't that pretty obviously by dealing with the question through the justice system?

Isn't the R's intent the same?

The difference is in one side's vision of what the justice system must become. Both sides are proposing sweeping changes.

And so, the final word is that the attempted coup must be resolved.

Or if not a coup then whatever it was that Trump had envisioned?

Both sides are advocating that their political enemies must be 'locked up'!

No, but I expect the answer will be entertaining.
Rely on your own answer if you have one. It will align with your own political priorities and it may even be supported by your political allies.

In essence, there will be two opposing political views coming out of the discussion.

I shouldn't say so but I have to lean toward Trump succeeding. That's according to my Canadian priorities.

It strikes me as odd that the largest voter group doesn't have an Independent Party that supports them. I dunno, is there already an existing IP? If so, they need to be juiced up, not necessarily right away at the top with presidential candidates but at local and state levels that expand to the US House and Senate. Cuz the present 2-party system ain't working very well.

Rely on your own answer if you have one. It will align with your own political priorities and it may even be supported by your political allies.

In essence, there will be two opposing political views coming out of the discussion.

I shouldn't say so but I have to lean toward Trump succeeding. That's according to my Canadian priorities.
How do you know when it's resolved if you can't even tell us what "resolved" means?

As far as I'm concerned, it's already resolved. The deep state has declared war on people who love freedom.

How do you know when it's resolved if you can't even tell us what "resolved" means?

As far as I'm concerned, it's already resolved. The deep state has declared war on people who love freedom.
Biden could have a 50/50 chance of winning and if he does then your 'resolved' disappears.

Will you and your vision of patriots triumph in the end by winning the war against freedom?

If you have nothing to add then I think this discussion has gone cold.

Neither side has it yet, and won't until the big question from Jan. 6th. is answered.

Biden could have a 50/50 chance of winning and if he does then your 'resolved' disappears.

Will you and your vision of patriots triumph in the end by winning the war against freedom?

If you have nothing to add then I think this discussion has gone cold.

Neither side has it yet, and won't until the big question from Jan. 6th. is answered.

is this poster related to the famous ThomasPayne1949?

maybe he is Canadian Pain EH?

Great piece from last year on the rise of independent voters:

Disillusioned With Dems and GOP, Independents Now Largest Voter Group in the US

“Independents began to see that the control of the electoral process by the two parties was fused with the larger economic and social circumstances in the country,” said Jacqueline Salit, president of IndependentVoting.org.

“They began to feel that this was a country being run by a set of insiders, that the insiders had control over the political apparatus, and that unless and until we could change and transform the political apparatus, we weren’t going to be able to address issues of economic instability.”

I’m endlessly disappointed by both parties, from the untouchable .1% who answer only to the rich, down to the rank and file who keep them in power, so completely identify with the disillusion expressed in the article, and have been an independent for years.

“There is a consensus that people are tired of polarization and tired of the sort of politics where you’re always voting against something and never for something.”

The endless angry bickering on this site - and on every political site I’ve ever observed - exemplifies the self-defeating behavior independents seek to leave behind.

Can the bitterness, hysteria, ignorance, bigotry, greed and dysfunction endlessly exhibited by both major parties ever be disrupted by independent voters, or are we all trapped in an endless cycle of lesser evil voting?

An independent candidate quoted in the article says:

“Life is going to be difficult for the next generation. We’re not addressing climate change. We’re not addressing inequality in any meaningful way. Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin and neither one of them is paying the bills."

"They have created a system that blockades anyone who doesn’t fall on one side or the other. And the best thing that I can do for my kid is do whatever I can to change that outcome.”
ignoring the obvious

Most "independent voters" are not actually independent.

Great piece from last year on the rise of independent voters:

Disillusioned With Dems and GOP, Independents Now Largest Voter Group in the US

“Independents began to see that the control of the electoral process by the two parties was fused with the larger economic and social circumstances in the country,” said Jacqueline Salit, president of IndependentVoting.org.

“They began to feel that this was a country being run by a set of insiders, that the insiders had control over the political apparatus, and that unless and until we could change and transform the political apparatus, we weren’t going to be able to address issues of economic instability.”

I’m endlessly disappointed by both parties, from the untouchable .1% who answer only to the rich, down to the rank and file who keep them in power, so completely identify with the disillusion expressed in the article, and have been an independent for years.

The endless angry bickering on this site - and on every political site I’ve ever observed - exemplifies the self-defeating behavior independents seek to leave behind.

Can the bitterness, hysteria, ignorance, bigotry, greed and dysfunction endlessly exhibited by both major parties ever be disrupted by independent voters, or are we all trapped in an endless cycle of lesser evil voting?

An independent candidate quoted in the article says:

“Life is going to be difficult for the next generation. We’re not addressing climate change. We’re not addressing inequality in any meaningful way. Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin and neither one of them is paying the bills."

"They have created a system that blockades anyone who doesn’t fall on one side or the other. And the best thing that I can do for my kid is do whatever I can to change that outcome.”
This could mean a ticket of Manchin/Huntsman with the No Labels Party might do well.

Forum List

Back