Independence (Day) from fossil fuels

Wonder if the conservatives realize that the U.S. only has @ 4% of the worlds oil reserves? You can only "drill baby drill" for so long. Why do they "cling" ;) to oil at the expense of seeking out alternative sources?

darkow9.gif

Your information is wrong Dot.
America has the most oil and coal.

Before It's News

The left do not want you to know this.
Also they don't want you to know that many waste plants are producing electricity at a very cheep rate rather that solar and wind energy.
Here is one example;
Welcome - Wheelabrator Tech. USA
There are many more doing this. The Left do not want the general public to know about these plants.

Your information is wrong Dot.
America has the most oil

Try using reliable sources:

Crude Oil Advisory

"Thus, in the quest for knowing the world’s biggest crude oil producers, let us first get acquainted with the top 5 countries with maximum proven crude oil reserves (as listed by the World Factbook for 2009):

Saudi Arabia
Canada
Iran
Iraq
Kuwait"

Note that the U.S. isn't even in the top five.

Here's a more complete list: Oil Reserves By Country 2011

The U.S. is no. 13, just ahead of China and behind Qatar.

Who cares. CO2 is not an enemy contrary to what the alarmists will tell you. It is an essential trace gas that the worlds plants need to grow.

Westwall to drowning man: "Hey, no worries! Water isn't dangerous. It's an essential nutrient! You need it to survive! Life on earth couldn't even exist without water!"

Drowning man: "That's [glub] reassuring."

Its just this kind of stupidity that reduces any credability the Al Gore crowd has.

Reminds me of a recent September 29 article in Rolling Stone, listing the "10 Things Obama MUST DO for the Environment." Essentially it was a 4 page rant (including pictures: it is, after all, Rolling Stone) related to reducing carbon emmissions.

Also included in the same issue of Rolling Stone was a three page ad for the Dodge Journey, which gets 19 mpg city/26 mpg hwy, and a one page ad for the Jeep Compass; 23 mpg city/26 mpg hwy "Reborn and Redefined for the FREE and the BRAVE."

Ironically #7 on the list of Rolling Stone's Admonisments to Obama is: MAKE CONSERVATION PATRIOTIC. How? "Decree that the Federal Government only buy hybrids and electric vehicles..."

:eusa_whistle:

Its just this kind of stupidity that reduces any credability the Al Gore crowd has.

It's just this kind of stupidity that shows you have no argument against what I said and must resort to ad homs in desperation.

The (incredibly stupid) claim was made, not by you, that CO2 was not dangerous because life needed it to survive. I made the obvious rebuttal: the problem we have is not that CO2 exists but that there is too much of it. I did this by analogy, showing that water, also a necessity of life, can still be the cause of death.

And this is the best you can do in response? Pathetic.

It's just this kind of stupidity that shows you have no argument against what I said and must resort to ad homs in desperation.

The (incredibly stupid) claim was made, not by you, that CO2 was not dangerous because life needed it to survive. I made the obvious rebuttal: the problem we have is not that CO2 exists but that there is too much of it. I did this by analogy, showing that water, also a necessity of life, can still be the cause of death.

And this is the best you can do in response? Pathetic.

What is pathetic is your absolute inability to respond to an entire post, and edit quotes.

What is pathetic is your absolute inability to respond to an entire post, and edit quotes.

Sorry if that gives you difficulties in formulating a coherent response -- not.

Look, the post I was responding to, that you quoted, was not complicated and I quoted the entire post to which I responded. He was saying that because plants need CO2, CO2 in the atmosphere can't be a problem. Do you really claim you can't see the fallacy in that? Really?

As for the other post, I took the essence of it, since in the remainder which I didn't quote (for sake of brevity only, not deception), the poster made the explicit claim that U.S. OIL reserves -- not oil and coal together -- were greater than the whole Middle East combined. They're not.

The problems with coal have already been stated and I saw no need to repeat what others had already said: most of the coal in the U.S. is low-grade without high energy density, and of course coal has massive environmental problems including, but not limited to, global warming. It should be our absolute LAST choice to replace oil, behind even nuclear power.

There is so much factual misinformation being propagated from anti-greens on this thread it boggles the mind.

Global Warming "Scientists" view testing their theories in a lab like they were Dracula greeting the morning sun in a garlic field.

How do we know CO2 is causing warming?

Heard Island global warming test - Environmental Science & Technology (ACS Publications)

Those were just two examples that came up in a Google search for Global Warming Lab Tests. AGW is tested in laboratories -- chemical, physical, mathematical -- all the time.

57Frank is alright once you get to know him ;)

Global Warming "Scientists" view testing their theories in a lab like they were Dracula greeting the morning sun in a garlic field.

Heard Island global warming test - Environmental Science & Technology (ACS Publications)

Those were just two examples that came up in a Google search for Global Warming Lab Tests. AGW is tested in laboratories -- chemical, physical, mathematical -- all the time.

You don't seem to understand what an experiment is.

Can you show me one single repeatable laboratory experiment that isolates all variables save for a 100PPM increase in CO2?

I have over 22,000 posts here, you think one silly Google search is going to demolish my argument?

57Frank is alright once you get to know him ;)

Made me laugh pos rep inbound! Duck!

Earth: the only place in the Solar System that requires velicoraptors processed over geological time to make hydrocarbons.

No, really.

We swear.

You Randians just don't get it. The world isn't yours to sell & despoil!!! :banghead:

You're correct. Unplug your house from the grid and stop driving. If enough of you do that the demand will disappear and the companies will close down.

You Randians just don't get it. The world isn't yours to sell & despoil!!! :banghead:

You're correct. Unplug your house from the grid and stop driving. If enough of you do that the demand will disappear and the companies will close down.

Thats what Libertarians are supposed to do.

No, that's what every non hypocritical environmentalist does. Darryl Hannah has done it, Ed Begley Jr. has done it, now you should too.

Forum List

Back