CDZ Indefinite Life Spans for Human Beings Could be Less Than 10 Years Away

I wouldn't want to live many years if a nurse had to clean my ass every time I pooped, if I could no longer take care of myself. But if I could be forever young, yeah man, give me life.

I wouldn't want to live many years if a nurse had to cleat my ass every time I pooped, if I could no longer take care of myself. But if I could be forever young, yeah man, give me life.

Sure.

Forever young .

Sure... like that yes.

But it's not like that :eusa_naughty:
But this thread is about our cells not aging.....thus our bodies (and brains) not aging. What it would be like if it were like that!

I wouldn't want to live many years if a nurse had to cleat my ass every time I pooped, if I could no longer take care of myself. But if I could be forever young, yeah man, give me life.

Sure.

Forever young .

Sure... like that yes.

But this thread is about our cells not aging.....thus our bodies (and brains) not aging. What it would be like if it were like that!

That might happen 100 years from today.

Not now.

Sure.

Forever young .

Sure... like that yes.

Not now.
As I said in an ealier post, we are discussing science fiction at this point. Being a star trek fan, I've seen many things that were once science fiction come to be.

I would be happy if my body could be stopped aging at my current age.

Sure.

Forever young .

Sure... like that yes.

Not now.
Check out the title of the thread.

upload_2017-3-24_0-3-10.jpeg

The first few hundred years might be alright. After that things might start running together unless you have a way of organizing your thoughts and memory. Your brain only has so much storage capacity and ability to retrieve information. At one point a person might reach a point of feeling their life is meaningless...

upload_2017-3-24_0-7-21.jpeg

*****SMILE*****

:)

roflmao, you dont have any kids, do you?

LMFAO a crying baby at 200 years old? Going through the terrible twos the teen years when you are 216?

Is he insane?

A 200 year old that has the body and sex drive of a 20 year old! This is science fiction for the time being after. Yall are still treating ageing like it is now, not like it would be if the so call "fountain of youth" were discovered. What does another 20 year interval to raise another batch of children going to mean to a person that has the potential to live 100,000 years or more?
I have not seen any evidence that the process of menopause would be reversed. We are talking about the "age" of the various cells as measured by telomeres and general cell health.

This wont heal scars, cause you to lose weight or restore the sanity of Raiders fans.

Thanks I was starting to think along the same lines.

Yes, nothing can help Raiders fans.
I might finally see the Vikings win a Super Bowl if I live a couple hundred more years.

Not now.
I wouldnt bet on it, NASA has the drug and human trials start in 6 months.
Human trials of age-reversing pill to start in six months | Daily Mail Online
Age-reversing pill that Nasa wants to give to astronauts on Mars will begin human trials within six months
Scientists have discovered a key signalling process in DNA repair
They have used this process in the development of a drug to reverse ageing
Trials on mice found that the pill repaired DNA damage after a week
Nasa wants the new technology to protect its astronauts from solar radiation
Scientists have made a discovery that could lead to a revolutionary drug that actually reverses ageing.
The drug could help damaged DNA to miraculously repair and even protect Nasa astronauts on Mars by protecting them from solar radiation.
A team of researchers developed the drug after discovering a key signalling process in DNA repair and cell ageing.​

View attachment 118293

The first few hundred years might be alright. After that things might start running together unless you have a way of organizing your thoughts and memory. Your brain only has so much storage capacity and ability to retrieve information. At one point a person might reach a point of feeling their life is meaningless...

Well, I am sure that one can always choose to stop taking the drug.

I'm still waiting for a Jetson jetpack I can use for work, so pardon me if I don't hold my breath for a "forever" pill. :)

JetsonsFly.jpg

My answer is still, no way, Jose. The term "relegated to hell on earth", just took on a new meaning to include Mars.

My answer is still, no way, Jose. The term "relegated to hell on earth", just took on a new meaning to include Mars.

Astute observation.

There's an entire secret society out there that wants to cure aging and death. They're a cult basically, about 2 million strong. Some of them have some serious business success, and probably have contributed to this anti-aging revolution.

What people who want this don't understand are two things: first, immortality or anything close to it would be incredibly boring and eventually become hell on Earth, and second, once the tech gets developed, elites worth trillions won't need us anymore, and will probably kill everyone while they hide in their underground cities.

Not that any of this matters, because they're already killing us in the slowest, most horrible way possible.

Astute observation.

There's an entire secret society out there that wants to cure aging and death. They're a cult basically, about 2 million strong. Some of them have some serious business success, and probably have contributed to this anti-aging revolution.

What people who want this don't understand are two things: first, immortality or anything close to it would be incredibly boring and eventually become hell on Earth, and second, once the tech gets developed, elites worth trillions won't need us anymore, and will probably kill everyone while they hide in their underground cities.

Not that any of this matters, because they're already killing us in the slowest, most horrible way possible.

I'd be interested in any factual evidence you have supporting such a conspiracy.

It is all right out in the open and always has been. There is no secret cult about any of it.

1. You sound fairly certain of how horrible life would be if indefinite life spans were available. I guess some see the glass always half empty. IF that did happen, all one would have to do would be to stop taking the damned drug, lol.

2. The elites havent killed us all off as of yet, and the fact is that they fear us, not the other way around. The past 200 years of history shows social revolution putting the elites to death and that is the most likely event, not all two thousand of them killing off the rest of us, roflmao.

Part of the response to the Robotics Revolution could be the enhancement of human beings to new abilities and longer life spans.

Here Dr. George Church discusses the increase of human life spans through improvements in adult genetic engingeering techniques we already have.

Next Big Future: George Church indicates reversal of aging will be a reality within ten years

Fahy: If aging is driven by changes in gene expression, then the ability to control gene expression using CRISPR technology could have profound implications for the future of human aging. Why do you think aging may be at least partly driven by changes in gene expression?

Church: We know that there are cells that deteriorate with age in the human body and that we have the ability to turn those back into young cells again. This means we can effectively reset the clock to zero and keep those cells proliferating as long as we want. For example, we can take old skin cells, which have a limited lifetime, and turn them into stem cells (stem cells are cells that can turn into other kinds of cells) and then back into skin cells. This roundtrip results in the skin cells being like baby skin cells. It's as if my 60-year-old cells become 1-year-old cells. There are a variety of markers that are associated with aging, and those all get reset to the younger age.

Fahy: That's fantastic. Does this mean that reversing skin cell aging in your face would allow you to rejuvenate your entire face?

Church: If you rejuvenate at a molecular level, it doesn't necessarily mean that everything else rejuvenates. So, for example, if my face has a scar on it, it's not going to necessarily reverse that (although theoretically it's not out of the question). But we can reverse the tendency of your cells (and therefore of your whole body) to deconstruct when you reach your life expectancy.

Fahy: If aging is driven by changes in gene expression and those changes in gene expression can be reversed, then we need to be able to find all of the important age-related changes in gene expression as quickly as possible. How can this be done?

Church: Gene expression results in each cell having specific RNAs and proteins, and these can be surveyed. You don't necessarily have to define every single RNA in a particular cell to understand that cell, but you can, and we have in fact developed a new method to do this that allows us to see all of the tens of thousands of RNAs in a single cell at one time, and to see the RNAs in neighboring cells as well. So now we can see how different cells relate to one another in context. This new method, called fluorescent in situ sequencing, or FISSEQ, allows us to count all the RNAs in a cell while simultaneously counting all of the RNAs in all of the cells it touches. Plus, we get the 3D coordinates for every RNA molecule in every cell.

Fahy: That's unbelievable. How can you use this method to search for changes that are related to aging?

Church: Suppose there are two different kinds of cell, and we want to know what gene expression states make them different from one another. We can first compare the two cells using FISSEQ in order to determine the differences in gene expression between them. Next, we can pick specific differences we think cause the cells to be different cell types, and change the expression of those particular genes in either or both cells using, for example, CRISPR, and see if we can change one kind of cell into the other. Even if we don't get it right the first time, we can take many guesses as to what the important RNAs are and just how much to tweak them until we do get it right.

The same principle can be applied to any pair of cells. By comparing old cells to young cells, we can find out what makes an old cell an old cell, and how to turn an old cell into a young one.

The future isnt what she used to be.

:D
Immortality without eternal youth will just turn you into a grasshopper.

Have you forgotten your ancient Greek mythology ??

Book of Nature Myths: The Story Of The First Grasshopper.

Immortality without eternal youth will just turn you into a grasshopper.
These treatments give you back your youth in most ways.

I find it interesting what is renewable and what is not.

Cells can be made youthful again, but how much of that translates into youthful organs or systems of organs is a totally different proposition it would seem.

Forum List

Back