Incivility from the Right to catch up with them

How can you say this Immie?????

Who on the left called people ******?

Who on the left called someone a Faggot?

Who on the left called someone a Muslim as an insult?

Who on the left called someone a Communist?

Who on the left SPIT on a legislator?

Since I just got back and since Willowtree has already answered this post, I will simply remind you of all the hatred that was spouted off at Neo-cons and conservatives over the last 6 years of the Bush regime and still goes on to this day.

And let me add this again, because this was my point, look where the left is today! Does it not follow that these tactics work? It sure as hell does. And you wonder why there are idiots on the right who are doing the same thing today? They do it because sadly... it works.

Immie
You're disillusioned if you think that uncivil tactics were the key to the defeat of the Bush/Neo-Con regime. Their defeat was the direct result of their own actions and words.

You are sadly mistaken if you believe that to be the only reason.

Bush was inept. No argument there, but the tactics that the left used to broadcast their version of... shall we say tolerance? Had a hell of a lot to do with the down fall of America.

Immie

Since I just got back and since Willowtree has already answered this post, I will simply remind you of all the hatred that was spouted off at Neo-cons and conservatives over the last 6 years of the Bush regime and still goes on to this day.

And let me add this again, because this was my point, look where the left is today! Does it not follow that these tactics work? It sure as hell does. And you wonder why there are idiots on the right who are doing the same thing today? They do it because sadly... it works.

Immie
You're disillusioned if you think that uncivil tactics were the key to the defeat of the Bush/Neo-Con regime. Their defeat was the direct result of their own actions and words.

Bush was inept. No argument there, but the tactics that the left used to broadcast their version of... shall we say tolerance? Had a hell of a lot to do with the down fall of America.

Immie
The downfall of America?!?! Really? It was the downfall of inept policies promulgated by inept leaders. But to equate those policies with "America" is more than a bit of a stretch. America is better than the 'leadership' offered up by the Neo-Cons and the George W. Bush gang. That's why they were roundly rejected.

The reason the Republicans had their heads handed to them in 2006 and again in 2008 was....Bush was inept.

People aren't attracted to the bitterness and juvenile name calling the way they are attracted to leadership.

Immie
The downfall of America?!?! Really? It was the downfall of inept policies promulgated by inept leaders. But to equate those policies with "America" is more than a bit of a stretch. America is better than the 'leadership' offered up by the Neo-Cons and the George W. Bush gang. That's why they were roundly rejected.

The reason the Republicans had their heads handed to them in 2006 and again in 2008 was....Bush was inept.

People aren't attracted to the bitterness and juvenile name calling the way they are attracted to leadership.

Are you offering Obama, Reid and Pelosi up as left wing "leadership"? Please say no!

The left wing tactics of down right vileness over the Bush years contributed to the division of America.

Bush is responsible as well mostly because he made it so damned easy for the left wing to spread their hatred, but the left did a fine job of spreading and the point once again is that it worked. That is why the extreme right is using it. Because it works. It will work the same "magic" against this administration as it did against the last.

Down fall of America! Hell yes, I mean the down fall of America. America is not the country it was thirty years ago. It doesn't even begin to resemble the America that I grew up in. Americans treated each other and others with respect... whether it was earned or not. We don't anymore.

Immie

And it was the left wing of two years ago

... your point is?

Oh and look where the left wing is today!

Immie

Immie

Pretending what happend on the left in EVERY group the left had protesting is the same as the THINGS that keep happeing over and over in one group is not a fair comparison.

Now let me remind you the left never siad the things I mentioned above. THEY DID NOT DO THIS get it.

ONE GROUP which is the tea party group keeps having incidents like thi at THEIR events.

ITS ONE GROUP!

Now go find me one incident of any Democratic group calling someone a ****** in the last three decades?

Immie

Are you offering Obama, Reid and Pelosi up as left wing "leadership"? Please say no!

The left wing tactics of down right vileness over the Bush years contributed to the division of America.

Bush is responsible as well mostly because he made it so damned easy for the left wing to spread their hatred, but the left did a fine job of spreading and the point once again is that it worked. That is why the extreme right is using it. Because it works. It will work the same "magic" against this administration as it did against the last.

Down fall of America! Hell yes, I mean the down fall of America. America is not the country it was thirty years ago. It doesn't even begin to resemble the America that I grew up in. Americans treated each other and others with respect... whether it was earned or not. We don't anymore.

Immie
America is not some romanticized Norman Rockwell painting but a real place populated by real people. Thank God above America is not the same place it has been! We are a nation in a constant state of flux and that dynamism is the reason America thrives.

Surely you don't want an America that treats Blacks, women and native Americans as second class citizens. But, right here in America it happened. Surely you don't want an America that shoots its students on campus, but forty years ago come May, that was America.

And if you think we treated each other with respect whether that respect was deserved or not, I suggest you seek out the nearest fifty, sixty or seventy year old American and ask them to recall the 1960s, the 1950s or the 1940s.

Immie

Pretending what happend on the left in EVERY group the left had protesting is the same as the THINGS that keep happeing over and over in one group is not a fair comparison.

Now let me remind you the left never siad the things I mentioned above. THEY DID NOT DO THIS get it.

ONE GROUP which is the tea party group keeps having incidents like thi at THEIR events.

ITS ONE GROUP!

Now go find me one incident of any Democratic group calling someone a ****** in the last three decades?
To be fair, when the G8 Summit was in Pittsburgh last September, it was the Anarchists, not the Tea Baggers who broke the windows along Butler Street in Lawrenceville. But, then again, the Conservatives told us that all the trouble was due to EVERY ONE OF THOSE RADICAL MARXIST COMMUNISTS who were here. Of course, the Anarchists were only a very small percentage of the protesters here. But facts stood in the way of a great anecdote the Conservatives love to tell over and over again.

Immie

ITS ONE GROUP!

Let me remind you how many times people like you have called me "anti-choice". Was that a term of endearment?

And yes, they have done this kind of thing. Calling the President a chimp is a term of endearment? It is just as insulting as calling someone the N-Word or calling an Arab a Raghead.

And your side did this kind of thing all the time... but you just continue to excuse it, because you are blind in the right eye.

Immie

Immie
America is not some romanticized Norman Rockwell painting but a real place populated by real people. Thank God above America is not the same place it has been! We are a nation in a constant state of flux and that dynamism is the reason America thrives.

Surely you don't want an America that treats Blacks, women and native Americans as second class citizens. But, right here in America it happened. Surely you don't want an America that shoots its students on campus, but forty years ago come May, that was America.

And if you think we treated each other with respect whether that respect was deserved or not, I suggest you seek out the nearest fifty, sixty or seventy year old American and ask them to recall the 1960s, the 1950s or the 1940s.

Note: I said 30 years ago. ;)

No, I don't want women or black people or native americans to be treated as second class citizens, but if you think America has gotten better over the last twenty years or so, then we just completely will never agree.

America is literally tearing itself apart. We hate each other, left and right and that saddens me.

I don't condone the actions of the accused (note: I have not seen evidence of the accusations that Rep. Lewis was called the N-Word or that Rep. Cleaver (not positive name is right) was spit upon and since they are Congressmen, I don't trust them) Teabaggers if that is what they are. For all we know, anyone that used those words or did those things could have been people trying to make Teabaggers look bad.

Regardless, the whole thing is inappropriate.

Immie

note: I have not seen evidence of the accusations that Rep. Lewis was called the N-Word or that Rep. Cleaver (not positive name is right) was spit upon

Several people other than Rep Lewis heard the chants

Security guards apprehended the spitter and Rep Cleaver declined to press charges

Just look at the majority of republican comments on this forum, no wonder their politicians act like scum, look at their constituents. WAr and killing thousands is the good, patriotic thing to support. Criticizing a president starting war that has killed thousans of american soldiers and hundreds of thousands of cilivians, is the same as all the names and despicable things said about Obama and the dems for trying to pass legislation to help actual americans get healthcare, that is destroying the country. Nice priorities there, just shows how scummy republicans and their supporters can be. Being against the policy is one thing, making shit up is another, which the anti HC reform people love to do.

LOL, and all those anti-war protesting, the code pinkos running up on a Sec. of State with fake blood on their hands, Cindy Sheehan camping on a Presidents lawn and shitting in his bushes, was HELPING the country I suppose.

good grief, you all the biggest whiners.:lol:

Immie

ITS ONE GROUP!

To be fair, when the G8 Summit was in Pittsburgh last September, it was the Anarchists, not the Tea Baggers who broke the windows along Butler Street in Lawrenceville. But, then again, the Conservatives told us that all the trouble was due to EVERY ONE OF THOSE RADICAL MARXIST COMMUNISTS who were here. Of course, the Anarchists were only a very small percentage of the protesters here. But facts stood in the way of a great anecdote the Conservatives love to tell over and over again.

anarchists my ass it was liberals..

Immie

Note: I said 30 years ago. ;)

No, I don't want women or black people or native americans to be treated as second class citizens, but if you think America has gotten better over the last twenty years or so, then we just completely will never agree.

America is literally tearing itself apart. We hate each other, left and right and that saddens me.

I don't condone the actions of the accused (note: I have not seen evidence of the accusations that Rep. Lewis was called the N-Word or that Rep. Cleaver (not positive name is right) was spit upon and since they are Congressmen, I don't trust them) Teabaggers if that is what they are. For all we know, anyone that used those words or did those things could have been people trying to make Teabaggers look bad.

Immie
America is divided, true. But I vividly remember 1968. I vividly remember 1964. I vividly remember 1970. If America did not fall apart then, it won't fall apart now.

We had riots in the streets of Chicago, Newark, Watts, Harlem, Birmingham, Selma, and Kent, Ohio.

No one is rioting today.

We had real constitutional crises in the White House as Nixon abused his office. We had a war that was far more divisive than any health care debate.

Just look at the majority of republican comments on this forum, no wonder their politicians act like scum, look at their constituents. WAr and killing thousands is the good, patriotic thing to support. Criticizing a president starting war that has killed thousans of american soldiers and hundreds of thousands of cilivians, is the same as all the names and despicable things said about Obama and the dems for trying to pass legislation to help actual americans get healthcare, that is destroying the country. Nice priorities there, just shows how scummy republicans and their supporters can be. Being against the policy is one thing, making shit up is another, which the anti HC reform people love to do.

LOL, and all those anti-war protesting and Cindy Sheehan camping on a Presidents lawn and shitting in his bushes, was HELPING the country I suppose.

This is ONE group.

You dont get to lump every liberal group who has ever held a protest for anything in as one group and then hold ONLY tea bagger up against that.

The really funny thing is TBs still come out worse.
The ONE group called the tea Party have had incident after incident of racial bias in their ranks, why is that?

Immie

ITS ONE GROUP!

And I was thinking of things like the WTO protests in Seattle in 1999 or even as far back as the Anti-Viet Nam protests of the 60's and 70's as well as the hatred of President Bush throughout his term.

We came together briefly after 9/11 and I have long commended the left for siding with the President during those times. But it did not last.

President Obama is my President. I do not agree with him, but he is my President. Nancy Pelosi is a congressperson from my native state. I don't like her and I don't agree with her, but she is an American. She is a person who has a decision making position in my government and she deserves to be treated as such.

I have every right as an American to disagree with the two of them... or at least last time I checked I did... but I am angered by the way Americans treat them... or the other side.

You and I don't agree on many things, but I attempt to remain respectful of you. Note: I said attempt... I am not perfect!

Immie

ITS ONE GROUP!

Since you live here too and have a real grip on the truth, could I ask you over to the house for coffee and discuss precisely what happened here in my hometown?

note: I have not seen evidence of the accusations that Rep. Lewis was called the N-Word or that Rep. Cleaver (not positive name is right) was spit upon

Several people other than Rep Lewis heard the chants

Security guards apprehended the spitter and Rep Cleaver declined to press charges

Link?

I would like to see proof of that, because I have not yet seen it.

I did see a 30 second clip of Rep Lewis leaving and I heard people shouting "Kill the Bill", but I did not hear the N-Word although someone on site (might have been you) said it happened in the middle of the segment. I did not go back to listen to it again. One reason is that a 30 second clip doesn't prove that it did not happen.

Immie

Since you live here too and have a real grip on the truth, could I ask you over to the house for coffee and discuss precisely what happened here in my hometown?

yes, liberals rioted in the streets and you chose to cover them by calling them anarchists.. ahhhhh but I remember the liberals at columbia university hurling invectives along with chairs at the minutement. do you? did you whine about that at the time?

Immie
It's not nice to call them Teabaggers. tsk, tsk!

LOL, and all those anti-war protesting, the code pinkos running up on a Sec. of State with fake blood on their hands, Cindy Sheehan camping on a Presidents lawn and shitting in his bushes, was HELPING the country I suppose.

And you are yet another troll bitch, so fuck off. Sounds like you are whining.Ignore list unless you can act like an adult

LOL, and all those anti-war protesting and Cindy Sheehan camping on a Presidents lawn and shitting in his bushes, was HELPING the country I suppose.

This is ONE group.

You dont get to lump every liberal group who has ever held a protest for anything in as one group and then hold ONLY tea bagger up against that.

The really funny thing is TBs still come out worse.
The ONE group called the tea Party have had incident after incident of racial bias in their ranks, why is that?

oh hell no, you all want to lump all conservatives, tea party people and Republican because of a couple of isolated incidents. I think it should be all the Democrats and liberals should all be labeled Anit-Americans for protesting against our troops when they were battle. get used to it, two can play the same game sweetie.

Forum List

Back