Inauguration Highlights

I thought it was ironic that he stumbled through his oath...that was priceless.

While that is trivial, I thought Roberts wasn't clear when he was ready to stop sentence. Two amateurs, their first time. Next time they'll both improve.

While that is trivial, I thought Roberts wasn't clear when he was ready to stop sentence. Two amateurs, their first time. Next time they'll both improve.

Yeah those were a lot of words they had to recite, and just no time at all to practice! :rolleyes:

It seems as though Roberts delivered it fine. It was Obama who didn't have a clue....Ironic considering all the liberal acid that was spewed toward Bush over the last eight years regarding his speaking skills.:lol:

It seems as though Roberts delivered it fine. It was Obama who didn't have a clue....Ironic considering all the liberal acid that was spewed toward Bush over the last eight years regarding his speaking skills.:lol:

They both bungled it. Roberts didn't get the exact words right, but Obama jumped in prematurely and recited with him, rather than give him the chance to re-word. They both get equal blame. And yes, it really is pretty trivial, ultimately.

What was worse was that Obama said in his speech that 44 Americans took the oath, but one president took it on two different occasions, non-consecutively. Grover Cleveland. So only 43 Americans have taken the oath so far.

He didn't know that, and neither did anyone else who reviewed, edited, and finalized his speech.

They both bungled it. Roberts didn't get the exact words right, but Obama jumped in prematurely and recited with him, rather than give him the chance to re-word. They both get equal blame. And yes, it really is pretty trivial, ultimately.

What was worse was that Obama said in his speech that 44 Americans took the oath, but one president took it on two different occasions, non-consecutively. Grover Cleveland. So only 43 Americans have taken the oath so far.

He didn't know that, and neither did anyone else who reviewed, edited, and finalized his speech.

My only points, even though trivial, is how is suppose to faithfully execute his oath. If he isn't even sure what it is and my other point was the irony involved.

My only points, even though trivial, is how is suppose to faithfully execute his oath. If he isn't even sure what it is and my other point was the irony involved.

I'm more concerned that he doesn't know basic civics, and that there hasn't actually been 44 Americans who have taken the oath. I admittedly didn't know that either, but I'm not the president of the US.

I'm more concerned that he doesn't know basic civics, and that there hasn't actually been 44 Americans who have taken the oath. I admittedly didn't know that either, but I'm not the president of the US.

Looking past this day, I more concerned with his diplomatic and economic proposals than a botched oath. In fairness to him, a 27 year old wrote his speech. Although if his Inaugration ceremony is indictative of his administration, then alot of blunders will rule his first year in office.

Looking past this day, I more concerned with his diplomatic and economic proposals than a botched oath. In fairness to him, a 27 year old wrote his speech. Although if his Inaugration ceremony is indictative of his administration, then alot of blunders will rule his first year in office.

in fairness...roberts won't be there to blow the rest of it.

bring out the korans and say goodbye to white woman.

$obummer.JPG

I got a big kick out of the look on George Bush's face as Obama excoriated his administration.

Priceless!

Just got back from the event itself. Freezing and poorly managed in terms of coordinating and facilitating the movement of millions of people (not to mention zero security), but the speech was good and the moment, however full of orchestrated, expensive pageantry was eventful and memorable.

FYI, it was actually, Chief Justice Roberts was the one who stumbled through the oath. Obama had it memorized, and eyed Roberts when he read it incorrectly... hence the "stumble."

Pretty graceful and respectful of Obama if you ask me to laugh it off that way when someone else's mistake made him look bad at one of the most significant and viewed moments of his new presidency.

Pretty typical and ignorant of those who didn't know that Roberts misspoke to make it seem like an Obama blunder, or representative of a great orator's supposed poor speaking skills.

Rick Warren was still a dodgy choice, particularly given the short thrift and disrespectful treatment of the gay pastor at the Inaugural concert Sunday, but the tone of the speech was better than I expected from an incomping president I view with very cautious, wary, and reserved optimism.

Last edited:
I have to ask, did anyone catch good looks at Al Gore?

The man had mental sickness gleaming out of his eyes.

Scary, very scary and he is also a man still full of scorn and contempt.

Forum List

Back