Inauguration Highlights

Regardless of what party he is, picking at something so stupid, is well stupid. Anybody who was actually listening, and had a clue could tell Roberts fumbled, it is no big deal. But I don't understand why anybody would try and make it out to be something of relevancy.

I see the fat fingers got to you again, get off the computer stumpy.. :lol:

I suppose all of these were Robert's fault as well...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ro-El7WaYQ]YouTube - Obama Gaffe Machine 1[/ame]

Like I said the Irony....

I suppose all of these were Robert's fault as well...

YouTube - Obama Gaffe Machine 1

Like I said the Irony....

adivasi_49_fs.jpg

Nice straw-man, who was talking about any other speeches? I thought we were talking about the inauguration oath? I guess when proven to be wrong, one has to jump to another topic to avoid ridicule..

Last edited:
Strawman-motivational.jpg

Nice straw-man, who was talking about any other speeches? I thought we were talking about the inauguration oath? I guess when proven to be wrong, one has to jump to another topic to avoid ridicule..

If you go all the way to the beginning of my posting in this thread. My point has always been was how Ironic it was that Obama bumbled the oath while the liberals spewed acid toward Bush the last eight years for the very same thing. Which the video that I linked would provide further evidence that yesterday's botch job wasn't necessarily Robert's fault.

If you go all the way to the beginning of my posting in this thread. My point has always been was how Ironic it was that Obama bumbled the oath while the liberals spewed acid toward Bush the last eight years for the very same thing. Which the video that I linked would provide further evidence that yesterday's botch job wasn't necessarily Robert's fault.

And just how exactly was this 'botch' not Roberts fault?

They both bungled it. Roberts didn't get the exact words right, but Obama jumped in prematurely and recited with him, rather than give him the chance to re-word. They both get equal blame. And yes, it really is pretty trivial, ultimately.

What was worse was that Obama said in his speech that 44 Americans took the oath, but one president took it on two different occasions, non-consecutively. Grover Cleveland. So only 43 Americans have taken the oath so far.

He didn't know that, and neither did anyone else who reviewed, edited, and finalized his speech.

Rush Limbaugh did, he mentioned it in his review of the latest campaign speech delivered by the Osama.

And just how exactly was this 'botch' not Roberts fault?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Yff-_9MZs&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama Oath of Office / Sworn In - President Obama: The Inauguration - BBC News[/ame]

Even after Roberts corrected himself due to constant interruptions by Obama. Obama repeated faithfully at the end of the sentence...

Congrats...

Again, I know it is hard but try to stay on topic. How is Roberts screwing up somehow Obama's fault?

Obama misquoted the oath....Roberts said it right then Obama misquoted...

pay attention really

Obama misquoted the oath....Roberts said it right then Obama misquoted...

pay attention really

Wow, you are dim, it was Roberts who initially misquoted the oath. Listen to it again, then go read the oath. What is so hard to understand?

Then Mr Roberts fluffed the words of the next part of the oath, misplacing the word “faithfully”, which according to the US Constitution precedes the phrase “execute the office”.

Instead of saying, “that I will faithfully execute the office of the president of the United States”, Mr Roberts shifted “faithfully” to the end of the phrase.

Mr Obama began repeating but paused after “that I will execute”, apparently realising something was amiss.

There was an awkward pause before the chief justice resumed and repeated himself. But he stumbled again, putting ‘faithfully’ in the right place but failing to repeat the word ‘execute’.
During the inaugural luncheon that followed the swearing in, Mr Roberts appeared to apologise, prompting laughter and a handshake from Obama.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...nauguration-President-stumbles-over-oath.html

Last edited:
Poor Obama, bumbled through the oath due to Roberts. I am sure that he had no prep.....
This is only one of many bumbles he has made...but I am sure you have excuses for the numerous other bumbles as well right?

Of course,Oblah Blah sends them their talking points daily..

When I married my first husband, our minister screwed up the vows and we swore infidelity to each other.

Forum List

Back