In the old days when the Catholic Church helped rule a nation, things were better

more irrelevant bs from Libville..

hey you should just love the NO "church"

it's liberal

True Catholics hate it but you don't seem to like Jesus much so, have at it

What country was ruled by the Catholics in the old days?

What country was ruled by the Catholics in the old days?
you don't even know that much about history?

wow... poor, uneducated dude....

may be time to open a history book? (one not written by liars)

At one time the Catholic Church reflected, far better than today, the values put forth in the Old Testament.

When I was young I tried to read that book and.. couldn't (wouldnt) get anywhere. I guess I just didn't get a lot of htings back then. But today, I get things better.. I finally read the whole thing some years ago. I never got used to all the bloodshed! God told his people to kill this or that person or group! Who can believe such things?

And yet, God knows evil and our propensity toward it far better than anyone. In those days, He wouldn't tolerate evil being in the "camp" of the Israelites. AFter one war I don't recall the name of off the top of my head, He told his people to kill off all the prisoners, even children. Today, we scoff at such... but think about it. If a child grew up and found out what happend, how they had killed his parents in a war... there would likely be hell to pay.. God was attempting to build up His Kingdom on Earth and He knew everyone had to be on the same page about law and order or it would not work.

Then the Catholic Church came along and basically had the same kind of thought.. purge egregious sin from society. Yes, there were excesses, although, as most people do not realize, a lot of common criminals and others ASKED to be tried by the Inquisition Court because on that court, as opposed to the merely secular one, you had priests and theologians judging your situation.. and they of course had to answer to GOD. Many times the secular court wanted to execute someone for heresy (and certain heresies do cause a lot of damage to society) but the Church said No, you can't force someone to believe (this or that)..

so anyway... if things today were more like they were in that era.. maybe we wouldn't have "pride" parades... wouldn't have perverts teaching our children perversion in our schools.. men marrying men... and babies being slaughtered by the millions

Ah, nostalgia, when you ignore all the bad stuff and only remember the good.

Catholicism was used as the police force of the kings. It reflected whatever they wanted it to.

Want to kick out the Jews? I'm sure we can justify that. Want to commit genocide in the Americas? Yep, we can justify that too.

you don't even know that much about history?

wow... poor, uneducated dude....

may be time to open a history book? (one not written by liars)

History isn't what happened, you know that right? It's what was written. So, much of History has been "interpreted", what you might call "lies".

Are you talking about south
America?
you poor thing..

After you read a good history book, preferably a reliable author writing on the Catholic Church (mostly)

then maybe we can have a discussion.

History isn't what happened, you know that right? It's what was written. So, much of History has been "interpreted", what you might call "lies".
Then I guess we are all just ass out vis a vis the truth?

Ok... might as well eat, drink and be merry and hope for the best when hte end comes, eh?

you poor thing..

After you read a good history book, preferably a reliable author writing on the Catholic Church (mostly)

then maybe we can have a discussion.
You mean Spain and Portugal? Don't be vague. Say what you mean.

Then I guess we are all just ass out vis a vis the truth?

Ok... might as well eat, drink and be merry and hope for the best when hte end comes, eh?

Well, seeing how religion is so conveniently human, yes.

Religion has been used as a police force for humans for centuries. When the end comes, chances are what you "believe" is not true.

Where did this "belief" come from? From humans. Humans who know nothing about the other side because we can't go there. Reality is we're biological beings, we probably just get recycled.

But then this isn't comfortable for the LIVING, so the LIVING belief stuff in order to feel better about themselves alive. Nothing to do with being dead.

At one time the Catholic Church reflected, far better than today, the values put forth in the Old Testament.

When I was young I tried to read that book and.. couldn't (wouldnt) get anywhere. I guess I just didn't get a lot of htings back then. But today, I get things better.. I finally read the whole thing some years ago. I never got used to all the bloodshed! God told his people to kill this or that person or group! Who can believe such things?

And yet, God knows evil and our propensity toward it far better than anyone. In those days, He wouldn't tolerate evil being in the "camp" of the Israelites. AFter one war I don't recall the name of off the top of my head, He told his people to kill off all the prisoners, even children. Today, we scoff at such... but think about it. If a child grew up and found out what happend, how they had killed his parents in a war... there would likely be hell to pay.. God was attempting to build up His Kingdom on Earth and He knew everyone had to be on the same page about law and order or it would not work.

Then the Catholic Church came along and basically had the same kind of thought.. purge egregious sin from society. Yes, there were excesses, although, as most people do not realize, a lot of common criminals and others ASKED to be tried by the Inquisition Court because on that court, as opposed to the merely secular one, you had priests and theologians judging your situation.. and they of course had to answer to GOD. Many times the secular court wanted to execute someone for heresy (and certain heresies do cause a lot of damage to society) but the Church said No, you can't force someone to believe (this or that)..

so anyway... if things today were more like they were in that era.. maybe we wouldn't have "pride" parades... wouldn't have perverts teaching our children perversion in our schools.. men marrying men... and babies being slaughtered by the millions

Are you talking about Italy?

I'm going to believe a 2000 year old Church founded by Jesus Christ over some stranger on the internet, a sinner like myself..

(by the way, sinners can discern Truth despite their sinfulness [although they do that much better when not in mortal sin [so I refer to venial sin]...)

Slaughtering the Cathars was a nice touch.

people always get Catholic Church history wrong

well, someone is getting it wrong because there are 2 different versions. I'll believe the party that teaches all liars go to Hell.

That would be the Catholics.

Forum List

Back