in the market for a " new to me" car

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
ahhh the joys of car shopping....i am lucky a good friend is a used car dealer....so let the games begin.....k sends me over to look at a car...a subbie...all i have driven since 1986.....it was green....but it was okay....so i call hubby and tell him to go look at the car..which he does....he gets home and i tell him the name of the cars owner....hubby starts laughing and goes..'he buried his wife in his front yard' in a very elite gated community....'he is the biggest crook i know' (his wife died of natural causes and he tried to bury her with a backhoe in the front yard)

so back to the drawing board!!!

plus i have fallen in love with a ferri.....ahhhh ..everytime i see it...i am eaten up with envy ...i cant even afford the muffler lol

So let me get this straight; you have decided against a car that was otherwise acceptable because the previous owner was eccentric?

WGAS?

Is the character of the previous owner high on your list?

So let me get this straight; you have decided against a car that was otherwise acceptable because the previous owner was eccentric?

WGAS?

Is the character of the previous owner high on your list?

If the guy had no problem burying his wife in his yard, do ya think he would have any problem lying to bones about the car?

I agree, move on, lots of good used cars out there.

Good luck with the search

Her friend, a used car dealer whose judgment she trusts, told her to look at this car. She knows Subaru's.

The seller could be the biggest flake and/or liar on the planet. Who cares? Check it out. Take it to a mechanic (at her friend's used car dealership) to get it mechanically checked. What difference does it make who owned the car last?

More importantly, what is the logical connection between where one buries one's dead spouse and how they take care of their car?

Her friend, a used car dealer whose judgment she trusts, told her to look at this car. She knows Subaru's.

The seller could be the biggest flake and/or liar on the planet. Who cares? Check it out. Take it to a mechanic (at her friend's used car dealership) to get it mechanically checked. What difference does it make who owned the car last?

More importantly, what is the logical connection between where one buries one's dead spouse and how they take care of their car?

Seriously?

Does cheap bastard come to mind?

I sold cars. Cheap people usually take shortcuts with their cars.

With so many cars on the market why take the chance.

Last edited:
When I have bought used cars the first thing I always want to know is how many miles are on it.

I won't buy a car with high miles on it, you're just asking for trouble, IMHO. Although I have a Jeep Laredo with 160,000 miles on it and am told the engine will go to 300,000 miles. I don't care, I don't like it. It's fun to drive and all, but I'm always wondering when it's going to break down again. :(

My 1993 Chevy Lumina only has 58,000 miles on it and has been in and out of the shop recently. But I don't blame the car, I blame the mechanics who don't seem to know what they're doing. :( But I'm kind of at their mercy. :(

Forum List

Back