In the age of Trump, grim warnings from Holocaust survivors

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Thankfully heir dumph will never be president

International Holocaust Remembrance Day is always a somber time for Auschwitz survivor Irene Weiss. But this year’s observance had an additional layer of grief: For the first time, Weiss is worried about her adopted homeland.

“I am exceptionally concerned about demagogues,” the 85-year-old Weiss told me at Wednesday’s commemoration at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. “They touch me in a place that I remember. I know their influence and, unfortunately, I know how receptive audiences are to demagogues and what it leads to.”

She knows better than just about any person alive. The Czech-born Jew lost her parents and most of her siblings in Hitler’s death camps. Now, when she hears about plans to register Muslims and to ban Muslims from entering the United States, “I’m worried about the tone of this country,” she said.

To Weiss, the ugly political environment in 2016 has an ominous precedent in Weimar Germany. “It has echoes, and maybe more so to me than to native-born Americans,” she said after lighting a candle for Hitler’s victims. “I’m scared. I don’t like the trend. I don’t like how many people are applauding when they hear these demagogues. It can turn.”

In the age of Trump, grim warnings from Holocaust survivors

• Banned
Donald Trump reminds Holocaust survivors of Adolf Hitler

There are clearly racist overtones. As Milbank pointed out “Donald Trump, the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination, retweeted to his nearly 6 million followers a message from @WhiteGenocideTM based in “Jewmerica,” and a time when his nearest challenger, Ted Cruz, brandishes the endorsement of a minister who says Hitler was a “hunter” sent after the Jews by God.

“It’s really frightening,” said Al Munzer, who escaped as a baby hidden by a Dutch family and their Muslim nanny. “When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate. Thinking that Germany was somehow unique is wrong,” he said.

Johanna Gerechter Neumann, fled with her family to Albania after Kristallnacht, and told how Muslims protected them from Hitler. Her father, a proud German and World War I soldier, “certainly thought that it could never happen in Germany,” she said. “It did happen. Slowly, but it did happen.”

“It is repeating itself, and it is again the inattention that people pay to real cues that one should understand,” said Margit Meissner, almost 94.

It's a rock and a hard place. White people are headed for work camps if we don't find some way to stop this.

There are clearly racist overtones. As Milbank pointed out “Donald Trump, the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination, retweeted to his nearly 6 million followers a message from @WhiteGenocideTM based in “Jewmerica,” and a time when his nearest challenger, Ted Cruz, brandishes the endorsement of a minister who says Hitler was a “hunter” sent after the Jews by God.

“It’s really frightening,” said Al Munzer, who escaped as a baby hidden by a Dutch family and their Muslim nanny. “When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate. Thinking that Germany was somehow unique is wrong,” he said.

Johanna Gerechter Neumann, fled with her family to Albania after Kristallnacht, and told how Muslims protected them from Hitler. Her father, a proud German and World War I soldier, “certainly thought that it could never happen in Germany,” she said. “It did happen. Slowly, but it did happen.”

“It is repeating itself, and it is again the inattention that people pay to real cues that one should understand,” said Margit Meissner, almost 94.

Thankfully heir dumph will never be president

I didn't know Trumps grandfather was running.

• Banned
Donald Trump's 'Heil Hitler' salute stuns Holocaust survivor: 'It's a fascist gesture

A Holocaust survivor said he was stunned and greatly troubled when he saw Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump and his followers making a "Heil Hitler" salute last Saturday during a rally in Orlando, Florida.

"As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the 'Heil Hitler' salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America," said Abraham Foxman, the former director of the Anti-Defamation League, the Times of Israel and Raw Story reported.

"It is a fascist gesture," Foxman said. "He [Trump] is smart enough — he always tells us how smart he is — to know the images that this evokes. Instead of asking his audience to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, which in itself would be a little bizarre, he's asking them to swear allegiance to him."

During the rally, Trump asked his supporters to raise their right hands in salute and promise to vote for him in the Florida primary election.

Foxman—who was born in Poland in 1940 and was saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny—said Trump is playing a dangerous game, adding that the symbolism of his gesture was obvious and troubling.

Advertisement
The Nazi Party adopted the stiff-armed salute to signal obedience to Hitler. It's still used today by right-wing extremists, according to Raw Story.

"We've seen this sort of thing at rallies of neo-Nazis. We've seen it at rallies of white supremacists. But to see it at a rally for a legitimate candidate for the presidency of the United States is outrageous," Foxman said.

During that event, Trump also warned his supporters who took the pledge that "bad things" would happen to them if they broke their sworn pledge to vote for him. Foxman said he was particularly disturbed by that statement.

"This is so over the top for a man who really doesn't come out of the underground," Foxman said. "He is a man of the world. Even though he proclaims he doesn't know who David Duke was, or the other white supremacists, we know very well that he knows. So he's playing to an image."

Foxman warned that Trump might have been emboldened to show his real outrageous character, believing that this is what endears him to people as shown by the massive support extended him by the public.

Donald Trump's 'Heil Hitler' salute stuns Holocaust survivor: 'It's a fascist gesture' | Christian News on Christian Today

Donald Trump's 'Heil Hitler' salute stuns Holocaust survivor: 'It's a fascist gesture

A Holocaust survivor said he was stunned and greatly troubled when he saw Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump and his followers making a "Heil Hitler" salute last Saturday during a rally in Orlando, Florida.

"As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the 'Heil Hitler' salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America," said Abraham Foxman, the former director of the Anti-Defamation League, the Times of Israel and Raw Story reported.

"It is a fascist gesture," Foxman said. "He [Trump] is smart enough — he always tells us how smart he is — to know the images that this evokes. Instead of asking his audience to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, which in itself would be a little bizarre, he's asking them to swear allegiance to him."

During the rally, Trump asked his supporters to raise their right hands in salute and promise to vote for him in the Florida primary election.

Foxman—who was born in Poland in 1940 and was saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny—said Trump is playing a dangerous game, adding that the symbolism of his gesture was obvious and troubling.

Advertisement
The Nazi Party adopted the stiff-armed salute to signal obedience to Hitler. It's still used today by right-wing extremists, according to Raw Story.

"We've seen this sort of thing at rallies of neo-Nazis. We've seen it at rallies of white supremacists. But to see it at a rally for a legitimate candidate for the presidency of the United States is outrageous," Foxman said.

During that event, Trump also warned his supporters who took the pledge that "bad things" would happen to them if they broke their sworn pledge to vote for him. Foxman said he was particularly disturbed by that statement.

"This is so over the top for a man who really doesn't come out of the underground," Foxman said. "He is a man of the world. Even though he proclaims he doesn't know who David Duke was, or the other white supremacists, we know very well that he knows. So he's playing to an image."

Foxman warned that Trump might have been emboldened to show his real outrageous character, believing that this is what endears him to people as shown by the massive support extended him by the public.

Donald Trump's 'Heil Hitler' salute stuns Holocaust survivor: 'It's a fascist gesture' | Christian News on Christian Today
Christianists and their lies.

Odd Hitler was always involved one way or another in bureaucratic bullshit just like Hitlery but Trump wasn't. Trump has already acknowledge that these massive amount of vaccines and herbicide soaked foods being shoved at children have been damaging the children and adults but Hitlery has helped push that agenda and is supported heavily by the investment bankers pushing that crap upon everyone else. Your bass ackwards as usual guno.

I guess right wing nuts will accuse this woman being a lefty and probably use some anti Semitic slurs towards her.

I guess right wing nuts will accuse this woman being a lefty and probably use some anti Semitic slurs towards her.

Wonder how she feels about Hillary?

th

The Dimocrat Playbook...

Chp. 1 How/when to deal a race card.
Chp. 2 Tie Opposition Candidate to Hitler
Chp. 3 Make up the Opposition's War on ______ or ______ or ______ or ______ ...
Chp. 4. Allege the Opposition Candidate will start World War III
Chp. 5 Spread fear the Opposition is plotting to steal the Elecion

Additional reading...Rules for Radicals, by Saul Alinsky

Nah, we know she is talking about the mafioso lefties that have been trying shove their crap down everyone else since before Bill Clinton was president.

[...]

“I am exceptionally concerned about demagogues,” the 85-year-old Weiss told me at Wednesday’s commemoration at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. “They touch me in a place that I remember. I know their influence and, unfortunately, I know how receptive audiences are to demagogues and what it leads to.”

[...]
Not to worry, Frau Weiss.

Donald Trump hasn't an iota of Adolf Hitler's charisma. Even if he did this is not Germany of the 1930s. Back then, Germany was Germany and the German people were solidified. This is America, which within the past few decades has devolved into a textbook example of a divided nation. And the lessons of history have plainly shown that a divided nation cannot stand.

“When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate. Thinking that Germany was somehow unique is wrong,” he said.

Oooh so we are all Nazis are we? All white gentiles are nazis?

Well this explains why the Anglosphere has been punished for 100 years for saving the Jews from the Nazis. :cuckoo:

I'm a leftwinger and I think this woman is a white gentile hating asshole.

If she had any brains left in her addle minded skull, she would be afraid of the increasing MUSLIM interest in American politics.
True. Her thirst for revenge against her rescuers has blinded her to the new threat.

Like Irish people who hate English but welcome somali ex soldiers. Cowards live in the past, and fight vanquished enemies in their cups while the new threat is running amok inside the walls.

“When you see these mass rallies that Trump is able to attract, you really wonder: How are they buying into this message of hate. Thinking that Germany was somehow unique is wrong,” he said.

[...]
Germany was unique during the Hitler era. It was unique back then because in spite of some minor elements of political disagreement the German people were ethnically and spiritually aligned. It was said they were "of one heart." Hitler understood that and he spoke to that heart.

The post WW-II occupation forces, both American and Russian, also understood that and they focused their reconstruction and propaganda efforts on dissolving the solidarity which had produced the most powerful and efficient military force since the Legions of Ancient Rome. The result of those efforts is what we are witnessing today in the comparative timidity of contemporary Germany and the willingness of its people to tolerate the treachery of Angela Merkel and the offensive abuses her perfidy has brought about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back