In Memoriam, June 2021

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Four who died in June 2021; Bios by the Associated Press:

---

JUNE NED.jpg

Ned Beatty, 83. The Oscar-nominated character actor who in half a century of American movies, including “Deliverance,” “Network” and “Superman,” was a booming, indelible presence in even the smallest parts. June 13.

JUNE HERB.jpg

Frank Bonner, 79. He played a brash salesman with an affection for polyester plaid suits on the TV comedy “WKRP in Cincinnati.” June 16. Complications of Lewy body dementia. I always thought he did quite a bit with a very narrow lane in WKRP...

JUNE RUMMY.jpg

Donald Rumsfeld, 88. The two-time defense secretary and one-time presidential candidate whose reputation as a skilled bureaucrat and visionary of a modern U.S. military was unraveled by the long and costly Iraq war. June 29.

june da bull.jpg

Greg “Da Bull” Noll, 84. He became a surfing legend by combining a gregarious, outsized personality with the courage and skill to ride bigger, more powerful waves than anyone had ever attempted. June 28.

I didn't know anything about the man when he was alive but I am constantly fascinated by anyone who can surf and love watching someone who can do it well so I thought I'd include it on this page.

AP Continues:

One of the first and arguably one of the greatest big-wave riders, Noll was much more than a surfer. He was also an entrepreneur who helped transform the sport with his Greg Noll surfboards, which were among the first to be built from balsa wood, a substance that made them more maneuverable and light enough for most people to use.

Forum List

Back