Zone1 In Judaism how does one seek forgiveness from somone who has died?

What I have experienced isn't honourable, it is cowardly and spots on the memories of those who died in WWII
If you believe that God and the person involved would forgive you then whats the problem if not that you can't forgive yourself? Would you forgive you if you were someone else? Ta da!

People make mistakes. Life is for learning. Some rare individuals actually learn from their mistakes. You seem to be one. Relax. There would only be a problem if you haven't learned.

Life is happening now. Don't let it pass you by by being stuck in past regrets. Don't look back.

The road ahead goes on forever. Keep your eyes on the road or you will make more mistakes.

Last edited:
There is someone who is no loinger with us whom I wish to seek forgiveness from. The problem is that they have already passed on. One cannot receive forgiveness from G_d without first seeking forgiveness from the person I wronged. Therefore, what does one do in such circumstances?
Here are some resources

But these are suggestions that I would give someone who is Jewish. If you are not, but do believe in a soul and that the person you wish to ask forgiveness of is still somehow accessible (that is, you are doing this for their sake, not just to assuage your own guilt) then open your heart and say what you feel you need to say, either at the grave or at a place that was meaningful to both of you.

Here are some resources

But these are suggestions that I would give someone who is Jewish. If you are not, but do believe in a soul and that the person you wish to ask forgiveness of is still somehow accessible (that is, you are doing this for their sake, not just to assuage your own guilt) then open your heart and say what you feel you need to say, either at the grave or at a place that was meaningful to both of you.
Thank you.

There is someone who is no loinger with us whom I wish to seek forgiveness from. The problem is that they have already passed on. One cannot receive forgiveness from G_d without first seeking forgiveness from the person I wronged. Therefore, what does one do in such circumstances?
That person has a family....AKA legacy.
You can go to them and seek forgiveness.

Forum List

Back