In case you forgot - It is Fathers Day.

Holidays are very much a hot political topic right now so I fail to see how it's misplaced.
Surely that won't stop a leftist from moving it though right?
It is inherently about politics in America.
Because it is about politics why there is an obvious effort to quietly sweep it away.
Can't be celebrating manhood. That is taboo now.
Over 70% of inner city kids don't have a father in their life... so celebrating fatherhood could put a damper on juneteenth weekend.
Can't identify Father's as men, cause that would disagree with the message that gender is fluid.

Men... so yesterday.

And as predicted, the thread is moved.
Can't have a political topic in a thread about political topics.

It is inherently about politics in America.
Because it is about politics why there is an obvious effort to quietly sweep it away.
Can't be celebrating manhood. That is taboo now.
Over 70% of inner city kids don't have a father in their life... so celebrating fatherhood could put a damper on juneteenth weekend.
Can't identify Father's as men, cause that would disagree with the message that gender is fluid.

Men... so yesterday.
I have yet to see any brooms coming for Father's Day.

Yep, dad is marginalized around here. I always went golfing with or took in a baseball game with pops on Father's day. Sure do miss that. Now on his birthday or Father's day my brother and sister will make a big deal of it on Facebook. They never had time for him while he was still alive though. I have gotten a text from my youngest but that is all I will get. Doesn't matter ya pay for every activity, show up for every ball game, concert, cheerleader competition, they ever had on top of running a business. Never missed one thing. Oh, well such is life. A couple of the younger captains I hunt and fish with up here are fishing with me this afternoon. They are not my blood but they are my boys. Looking forward to fishing with pros and people that can take care of their own selves. We all gave up paying trips to be with each other this afternoon as far as I am concerned they are as much family as blood.
I had a nice day yesterday.
Got taken out for lunch, had the grand kids here. Got homemade cards where they took finger paints and "made the card".
When I was a kid, it was "Dad's choice day". We all did whatever Dad wanted to do. Which was usually going to the park and playing. So even when it was his day - he chose to make the day about us. And that is a Father.

I had a nice day yesterday.
Got taken out for lunch, had the grand kids here. Got homemade cards where they took finger paints and "made the card".
When I was a kid, it was "Dad's choice day". We all did whatever Dad wanted to do. Which was usually going to the park and playing. So even when it was his day - he chose to make the day about us. And that is a Father.
I wouldn't know I didn't have one.

I was betting I was right... and I was.
Sadly, I checked out Foxnews.com, CNN.com and MSNBC.com
And only CNN had anything about it on the front page, and that was a story you had to scroll down to see that was really a speech about how fathers should change their behavior. Hardly a celebration of Fathers Day.

Can you imagine if Mother's Day had no mention?
Or God forbid... Pride Month wasn't mentioned?
But we can't have a celebration for fathers. That wouldn't be right.

A disgrace.
Know what is ironic?

This suppose to be Father's Day weekend but it comes at the same same time as this stupid Juneteenth Negro Holiday.

The irony is overwelming seeing that very few Negro families have a father that lives at home.

Why move this thread? Good grief let it go

Fathers and mothers both have distinct roles in a child's development. A child needs both

And whoever moved this thread? Just stop, it's ridiculous

Forum List

Back