In Case You didn't Know Virginia Is having elections on Nov. 7, with implications for the country

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Early in-person voting started here eight days ago.

This election, a year before the "big show", will give both parties a sense of what the electorate thinks about the current administration.

I was wondering when you were going to mention it. I will monitor it myself. It looks to be a wild one with all seats up for grabs.

Bold prediction:

Youngkin will be re-elected, in advance of the GOP Boshbot establishment hack-a-rama swooping in and using him as the latest flavor-of-the-month to try to run against Trump in the primary.
Youngkin is not up for re-election....He can only serve one consecutive four-year term.....Try to keep up. ;)

Not sure what the reason is but we love our ducks lame.

Virginia is the only state like that.

It wasn’t until 1851 that Virginians could actually elect their governor directly. By then, the constitution called for a single four-year term with no re-election, and that’s how it’s been since. It’s a ban that only applies to the governor, and even though a governor can run again for a non-consecutive second term, only one has actually successfully done so since the Civil War......Mills Godwin was elected as a Democrat in 1965 and then as a Republican in 1973.

Virginia is the only state like that.

It wasn’t until 1851 that Virginians could actually elect their governor directly. By then, the constitution called for a single four-year term with no re-election, and that’s how it’s been since. It’s a ban that only applies to the governor, and even though a governor can run again for a non-consecutive second term, only one has actually successfully done so since the Civil War......Mills Godwin was elected as a Democrat in 1965 and then as a Republican in 1973.

I'm against it. Governors come in and immediately begin looking for their next gig. Leads to a lack of leadership which, though I like in the case of Youngkin, I think is generally bad for VA.

I'm against it. Governors come in and immediately begin looking for their next gig. Leads to a lack of leadership which, though I like in the case of Youngkin, I think is generally bad for VA.
Yeah it sucks when you have a good Governor but then you have the McAwfuls of the world so it's a wash.

Forum List

Back