In an effort to make CC Sabathia appear thin, Yankees sign Bartolo Colon

I hope that Colon makes their starting rotation.

Me. Too.

However, in light of this signing what I want to know is how they fuck they let Brandon Webb sign with anybody BUT them.

Massive, massive fail from the Yankees this winter.
Dude's kind of a risk at the moment though.

Of course he is but Colon isn't?

The risk vs reward in signing Webb coming back from an injury is much more favorable than signing the much older and bloated Colon who has also been out of baseball for more than a year and prolly has about a 5% chance of breaking into the rotation at all this year.

Frankly, I'm a lil surprised the Red Sox didn't make a run at Webb themselves.

Me. Too.

However, in light of this signing what I want to know is how they fuck they let Brandon Webb sign with anybody BUT them.

Massive, massive fail from the Yankees this winter.

The risk vs reward in signing Webb coming back from an injury is much more favorable than signing the much older and bloated Colon who has also been out of baseball for more than a year and prolly has about a 5% chance of breaking into the rotation at all this year.

where's el guapo these days?
:lol:

Rich Garces!

Prolly in some South American country eating all their food.

Rich Garces!

Prolly in some South American country eating all their food.

last i saw him, he was well on his way to being a south american country.

The thread title should have been the article title. Fuck journalistic professionalism, just this once.

Yanks failed when they couldn't get Cliff Lee.

Not really. It had nothing to do with what NY could or couldn't do. Lee wanted his son with leukemia to be near Children's Hospital of Philadelphia because of their reputation as the #1 children's hospital.

It was all about the city of Philly and nothing about the Yankees organization.

NY probably couldn't have offered him ENOUGH.

Not really. It had nothing to do with what NY could or couldn't do. Lee wanted his son with leukemia to be near Children's Hospital of Philadelphia because of their reputation as the #1 children's hospital.

they failed to get him when Texas got him from Seattle.

Ok well I see what you're saying, but with hindsight being 20/20 you would have to assume he wouldn't have stayed there and signed.

Ok well I see what you're saying, but with hindsight being 20/20 you would have to assume he wouldn't have stayed there and signed.

In any case, I like Philly to go all the way in 2011.

050425garces.jpg

In any case, I like Philly to go all the way in 2011.

Look how far they went last year with all the injuries they dealt with, too. I think only Boston had a bigger injury burden.

But the caveat is that the rotation stayed healthy. We could actually LOSE a Halladay or a Lee to an injury and probably STILL make the postseason :lol:

Forum List

Back