Impressions of Canada

TORIES , and like I say because I just saw it but 'canadians' are 'tories' that are undergoing rehab I guess Pogo and BWinkle . -------------- plus they have NO Military eh .

Jesus. Lucky Canada to have such gracious neighbours.

Damn right. Surprised a commie would notice. They would be speaking Iroquois and torturing each other for sport if it weren't for the U.S. coming along and taking care of their problems for them.
You could teach them how to do it properly. They're probably behind the times by now.

040510_abughraib_04.grid-6x2.jpg

Last edited:
course they might think that they were reinvigorated when they got all the 'draft dodgers' which are as bad if not worse than being 'tories' boys .

TORIES , and like I say because I just saw it but 'canadians' are 'tories' that are undergoing rehab I guess Pogo and BWinkle . -------------- plus they have NO Military eh .

Absolute Bullshit. Your argument from ignorance is literally that and has no foundation.

eh?

And to make it worse ----- you live close enough to Canada to know better, eh?

By the way, you do know what "Tories" means, eh? "Conservatives".

Last edited:
course they might think that they were reinvigorated when they got all the 'draft dodgers' which are as bad if not worse than being 'tories' boys .

Yeah, because living by the adage "thou shalt not kill" is SOOOOO heinous, isn't it.

See, this kind of shit is exactly why those who could leave, did so.

not an argument as I make a simple statement . Plus they have no military is fact . I think that I already put up a link from 'mccleans' or 'mcclains' Canadian magazine stating the fact that their decrepit military is decrepit Pogo .

Yeah, because living by the adage "thou shalt not kill" is SOOOOO heinous, isn't it.

See, this kind of shit is exactly why those who could leave, did so.
------------------------------ many were hippies , dopers and drunks . I knew many of them Pogo .

not an argument as I make a simple statement . Plus they have no military is fact . I think that I already put up a link from 'mccleans' or 'mcclains' Canadian magazine stating the fact that their decrepit military is decrepit Pogo .

You can keep bleating that bullshit all you like but it remains bullshit and nobody's buying it, eh?

Canadian Armed Forces have 68,000 active personnel and 27,000 reserves. That's just a fact, whether you like it or not. That they may not be pilfering their own young people to go fight somebody else's civil war, as we did in Vietnam, does not make them go "poof", K?

Canadian Armed Forces have 68,000 active personnel and 27,000 reserves.
Which deplorable whom I have on hide from is being ungracious about the Canadians who died for them in Afghanistan?

edit...Oh, I clicked. Pismore. Should have guessed.

>> GANDER, Newfoundland — They still don't know what all the fuss is about.

Sixteen years ago, this small Canadian town on an island in the North Atlantic Ocean took in nearly 6,700 people – almost doubling its population – when the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in New York and Washington forced 38 planes to land here.

Their simple hospitality to the unexpected house guests drew worldwide accolades and even inspired a Broadway musical.

“Everyone looks at us and says that’s an amazing thing that you did, and the bottom line is I don’t think it was an amazing thing, I think it was the right thing you do,” says Diane Davis, 53, a now-retired teacher who helped 750 people housed at the town's elementary school.

In a world today seemingly fraught with division, terrorism and hate, they’d do it all over again. Kindness is woven into the very fabric of their nature — they don’t know any other way to live.

“What we consider the most simple thing in life is to help people,” says Mayor Claude Elliott, who retires this month after serving as the town’s leader for 21 years. “You’re not supposed to look at people’s color, their religion, their sexual orientation — you look at them as people.”

... To give you a glimpse of life here, start with this: Many Ganderites don’t lock the doors to their homes or cars. Everyone says hello to everyone. People know their neighbors. “My love” or “my dear” adorn every other sentence — except the Newfie accent makes the “my” sound like “me.”

Still, there’s a wariness here: Not for the town itself, nor its future, nor the anchor of civility it represents. Instead, there’s a concern for the rest of the world, especially the U.S., as it faces terrorism, rogue nations and violent protests in the streets.

“I'm scared at the way we're going and what the world will look like in 10 years,” says Elliott, 67. “If we keep on going, we’re going to set our world back 100 years.”

... To say this town of 10,000 people and its surrounding communities welcomed the passengers and crew from nearly 100 countries with open arms is an understatement. The town all but shut down for the “plane people,” inspiring the Tony-award winning Broadway musical Come From Away.

“We did not know how we would be affected, if these people were staying, if the people who were coming were good people or not so good people,” says Linda Sweetapple, 54, business manager and partner at Sweetapple Accounting Group. “We just knew that we had to make room for them and take care of them. They were here, and they needed our help.”

As the planes, still packed with passengers, sat for hours at the airport, the town bustled with activity. Volunteers readied makeshift shelters — every school, gym, community center, church and camp, any place that could fit a planeload of people. Gander’s 500 hotel rooms were reserved for pilots and flight crews.

Bus drivers in the middle of a nasty strike laid down picket signs. Donations of toiletries, clothes, toys, towels, toothbrushes, pillows, blankets and bedding piled up. For security reasons, passengers weren’t allowed to take checked bags.

Gander residents began cooking — a lot. Grocery store shelves went bare. The Walmart ran out of nearly everything — underwear was a particularly hot commodity — and the local hockey rink transformed into the world’s largest refrigerator. << --- An Oasis of Kindness (published 2018)​

What disgusting people, eh pismoe ? Kill 'em all. Slice 'em up and burn 'em. After all, they "have no military" so we can do whatever we want.

Oh wait, we tried that in the War of 1812 eh? How'd that work out?

Which deplorable whom I have on hide from is being ungracious about the Canadians who died for them in Afghanistan?

------------------------------ just doing their jobs I guess or they wouldn't be paid CNM .

Yeah he's bawling his eyes out because some USians went to Canada rather than be forced to go to southeast Asia to burn women, kids, houses and villages. Poor warmonger.

I knew a couple young electricians back in the 70s . They went out in a bad storm and had to restore power to the Car Shops . They were both electrocuted to death CNM .

>> GANDER, Newfoundland — They still don't know what all the fuss is about.

Sixteen years ago, this small Canadian town on an island in the North Atlantic Ocean took in nearly 6,700 people – almost doubling its population – when the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in New York and Washington forced 38 planes to land here.

Their simple hospitality to the unexpected house guests drew worldwide accolades and even inspired a Broadway musical.

“Everyone looks at us and says that’s an amazing thing that you did, and the bottom line is I don’t think it was an amazing thing, I think it was the right thing you do,” says Diane Davis, 53, a now-retired teacher who helped 750 people housed at the town's elementary school.

In a world today seemingly fraught with division, terrorism and hate, they’d do it all over again. Kindness is woven into the very fabric of their nature — they don’t know any other way to live.

“What we consider the most simple thing in life is to help people,” says Mayor Claude Elliott, who retires this month after serving as the town’s leader for 21 years. “You’re not supposed to look at people’s color, their religion, their sexual orientation — you look at them as people.”

... To give you a glimpse of life here, start with this: Many Ganderites don’t lock the doors to their homes or cars. Everyone says hello to everyone. People know their neighbors. “My love” or “my dear” adorn every other sentence — except the Newfie accent makes the “my” sound like “me.”

Still, there’s a wariness here: Not for the town itself, nor its future, nor the anchor of civility it represents. Instead, there’s a concern for the rest of the world, especially the U.S., as it faces terrorism, rogue nations and violent protests in the streets.

“I'm scared at the way we're going and what the world will look like in 10 years,” says Elliott, 67. “If we keep on going, we’re going to set our world back 100 years.”

... To say this town of 10,000 people and its surrounding communities welcomed the passengers and crew from nearly 100 countries with open arms is an understatement. The town all but shut down for the “plane people,” inspiring the Tony-award winning Broadway musical Come From Away.

“We did not know how we would be affected, if these people were staying, if the people who were coming were good people or not so good people,” says Linda Sweetapple, 54, business manager and partner at Sweetapple Accounting Group. “We just knew that we had to make room for them and take care of them. They were here, and they needed our help.”

As the planes, still packed with passengers, sat for hours at the airport, the town bustled with activity. Volunteers readied makeshift shelters — every school, gym, community center, church and camp, any place that could fit a planeload of people. Gander’s 500 hotel rooms were reserved for pilots and flight crews.

Bus drivers in the middle of a nasty strike laid down picket signs. Donations of toiletries, clothes, toys, towels, toothbrushes, pillows, blankets and bedding piled up. For security reasons, passengers weren’t allowed to take checked bags.

Gander residents began cooking — a lot. Grocery store shelves went bare. The Walmart ran out of nearly everything — underwear was a particularly hot commodity — and the local hockey rink transformed into the world’s largest refrigerator. << --- An Oasis of Kindness (published 2018)​

What disgusting people, eh pismoe ? Kill 'em all. Slice 'em up and burn 'em. After all, they "have no military" so we can do whatever we want.

Oh wait, we tried that in the War of 1812 eh? How'd that work out?

They have no military?

people can see my links if they like Pogo . See posts number 28 and number 30 to see the state of 'canadas' military .

Jesus. Lucky Canada to have such gracious neighbours.

Damn right. Surprised a commie would notice. They would be speaking Iroquois and torturing each other for sport if it weren't for the U.S. coming along and taking care of their problems for them.
You could teach them how to do it properly. They're probably behind the times by now.

040510_abughraib_04.grid-6x2.jpg

They have so many left wingers that love that stuff, and in fact advocate for it via the DNC, like you, so my services wouldn't be appreciated. My focus would be on deporting scum, and letting them be the rest of the world's problem children, as would Thomas Jefferson.

------------------------------- I imagine that 'canook military' is similar to your military but without the needless huffing and puffing and ' ha-ka' CNM .

and think of all the fisherman that provide fresh fish for my dining table . And all the roofers that keep my house dry and windproof CNM .

Forum List

Back