Imperial vs. Metric System

Have you ever stayed long enough in a metric country, so that you also got used to the metric system

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023

Imperial vs. Metric System​

Question:

Have you ever stayed long enough in a metric country, so that you also got used to the metric system?

Anyone who has ever served in our military has to use metric. I occationally use metric myself when I need to use a lot of math to arrive at the correct measurement.

Anyone who has ever served in our military has to use metric. I occationally use metric myself when I need to use a lot of math to arrive at the correct measurement.
Interesting!
So a lot of US citizens will be used to the metric system?

Interesting!
So a lot of US citizens will be used to the metric system?
We are not totally ignorant of the metric system but everything is still imperial measurements here. It's the system we grew up with. I admire the greater accuracy of the metric system and it's utility in mathematical calculations but no one in the construction trade uses it.

The NFL needs to expand the field. Easiest way is to turn it from yards to meters. The field will be larger and easy to convert the population to accept it.

A lot to be said for the metric system. My doctor switched to metrics on his scale, and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't weighed 125 since middle school until he made the investment.

I switch back and forth. I learned in the military and use whichever system is easier for any given task.

Forum List

Back