Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article230483449.html

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

That man was South Carolina’s own Lindsey Graham, then a 43-year-old, third-term Republican Congressman. The president in question was Bill Clinton.

Were Republicans right then? Is impeachment about 'cleansing the office'? Is impeachment about restoring honor and integrity to the office?

If so the House should move full speed ahead with Impeachment.
You think impeaching a president because you lost in 2016 is bringing integrity back ? Lol that’s funny

I think impeaching Trump because he is both breaking crimes and has removed the honor and the integrity of the office of President is exactly what Lindsey Graham was talking about before

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

That man was South Carolina’s own Lindsey Graham, then a 43-year-old, third-term Republican Congressman. The president in question was Bill Clinton.

Asking two foreign governments to dig up dirt on your political opponent is clearly of out of the bounds of the role of President.

He didn't ask for info on a political opponent.
He asked for the countries to investigate criminal acts committed against their countries.

Did Donald Trump in fact ask two foreign governments to investigate his political rival?

Yes he did.

Hell Trump couldn't even figure out what 'criminal acts' the foreign countries were supposed to investigate about his political rival.
Why arent you thanking Donald Trump for whistle blowing?

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article230483449.html

Were Republicans right then? Is impeachment about 'cleansing the office'? Is impeachment about restoring honor and integrity to the office?

You think impeaching a president because you lost in 2016 is bringing integrity back ? Lol that’s funny

I think impeaching Trump because he is both breaking crimes and has removed the honor and the integrity of the office of President is exactly what Lindsey Graham was talking about before

Asking two foreign governments to dig up dirt on your political opponent is clearly of out of the bounds of the role of President.

He didn't ask for info on a political opponent.
He asked for the countries to investigate criminal acts committed against their countries.

Exactly right. That phrase "to find dirt on a political opponent" has always been nothing more than a leftist media fabrication to put a spin on the story. These fake news outlets like CNN and MSNBC are simply putting their desired conclusions before the facts.

I studied constitutional law at Harvard and I’m here to report to you trump broke no laws

Impeachment is about lowlife Democrat politicians pandering to their base, to gin up VOTES for THEMSELVES, and nothing more.

So hold up! Democrats want to impeach the greatest president in the history of the world all because he blew a whistle on corruption from Joe Biden ? Wow

That’s not it of bounds,, he’s trying to investigate corruption.. it’s his job.. sorry little man stomp your feet again it’s going To be a long 6 years

No he's not. He just wants something to point to at his rallies. A public announcement of an investigation of his opponent is all he thinks he needs to hawk all the rubes he has on his side. He couldn't careless if the accusations are true, just that there are allegations. Worked out well for him in 2016, in that all the Rubes will still swear she is as guilty as a criminal can be.
Joe Biden shouldn’t have used his position in Ukraine to make his loser son money,, trump just blew the whistle

Allegations are cheap. Trumpybear shouldn't have used US aid money as a bribe to the Ukraine to get a public announcement of an investigation into his political enemies. Bribery is an impeachable offense.
He’s a whistle blower ,, he deserves to be protected,, if Biden son did nothing wrong then let the investigation continue

Nope he's a president who got caught using tax payer money bribing/extorting the Ukraine into publicly announcing an investigation into his political opponents. He has produced no evidence against Joe's son, or supporting the DNC server hoax. What have the been accused of except being against Trumpybear.

1. Bill Clinton's behavior with an intern would have gotten ANY manager in the country fired, period. It was simply unacceptable behavior. He should have been removed. Where was the #metoo movement back then?

2. Impeachment is defined in the Constitution. The reasons for impeachment are listed also, they are "High crimes and misdemeanors". But don't worry if Trump gets impeached. The senate already signaled that they consider this "impeachment inquiry" as partisan and not criminal. Even Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz and GW professor Jonathon Turley said that the Ukraine phone call does not warrant impeachment.

Turley: Trump's Ukraine transcript: Unwise words but no proof of a crime
Dershowitz: Opinion | Hamilton Wouldn’t Impeach Trump

Trump's call on a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political opponent would get him tossed from any other office in the United States. It was simply unacceptable behavior.
But that wasn't a crime- the House could still have impeached Clinton for it.

And I agree- this Senate is very unlikely to impeach Trump for anything. This Senate would have been cheering on Nixon and agreeing with him that the Oval Office tapes were 'fake news'.
I showed you two law professors that said the Ukraine call was a nothingburger.

Except you lied about Turley and I showed you that Turley never said it was a 'nothingburger'- he specifically pointed out that the call was wrong. But it would be hard to come up with evidence of the crime.

Deshowitz has a very narrow view- and also believes that Clinton should not have been impeached for perjury about getting a blow job.

As far as law professors who disagree with you- there are dozens.
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s call with Ukraine president manifests criminal and impeachable behavior
For heaven's sake, Trump was just investigated by Mueller for two-and-a-half tumultuous years for allegedly bringing the Russian government into the 2016 election and now he has attempted in one phone call to bring the Ukrainian government into the 2020 election! Does he understand the laws he has sworn to uphold?

It was to remedy just such reckless, constitutionally destructive behavior that impeachment was intended.
Constitutional scholar issues dire warning: Impeach Trump or our democracy ‘will fail’
It’s extremely clear that it is a quid pro quo,” he said. “It’s laughable to think that the president was not trying to gain personally by investigating Joe Biden.”
Lawrence Tribe:
Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe shares with CNN's Anderson Cooper why he thinks President Donald Trump's decision to withhold military aid from Ukraine amounts to an impeachable offense.

Do you know why Turley is a professor?

Those who can do, those who can't teach.

That’s not it of bounds,, he’s trying to investigate corruption.. it’s his job.. sorry little man stomp your feet again it’s going To be a long 6 years

No he's not. He just wants something to point to at his rallies. A public announcement of an investigation of his opponent is all he thinks he needs to hawk all the rubes he has on his side. He couldn't careless if the accusations are true, just that there are allegations. Worked out well for him in 2016, in that all the Rubes will still swear she is as guilty as a criminal can be.
Joe Biden shouldn’t have used his position in Ukraine to make his loser son money,, trump just blew the whistle

Allegations are cheap. Trumpybear shouldn't have used US aid money as a bribe to the Ukraine to get a public announcement of an investigation into his political enemies. Bribery is an impeachable offense.
He’s a whistle blower ,, he deserves to be protected,, if Biden son did nothing wrong then let the investigation continue

Nope he's a president who got caught using tax payer money bribing/extorting the Ukraine into publicly announcing an investigation into his political opponents. He has produced no evidence against Joe's son, or supporting the DNC server hoax. What have the been accused of except being against Trumpybear.
He blew the whistle on Biden ,, let’s investigate

What a steaming pile of horse shit! The Impeachment Coup started as soon as Hillary and Obama could take off those phony purple "unity" suits.

'Impeachment coup"

Poor little Trumpette still haven't read the Constitution- have you? Too many big words?
I know the Constitution better than you ever will. I know a coup when I see one. This is about a minority party desperate to regain the power they lost. Period.

Trump blew Putin- not his whistle.

You have proof that Joe Biden committed any crimes- lets see it.

Meanwhile- Joe Biden acted in accordance to official U.S. policy, with the support of the Senate and the EU.

Trump acted in secrecy as part of his own policy to benefit himself politically
They are investigating! Lol calm down, you should be asking what qualified Joe Biden son to get the job he did .. when that’s answered then let’s talk impeachment or are you scared ? Why do you cover for democrats? Are you a one rule party?

Who is investigating? I mean other than Donald Trump's personal lawyer?

What qualified Joe Biden's son for the job he got? It appears nothing more than his name.

What qualified Donald Trump Jr. to get the job he got? His name.

Personally, I think that the company that hired Biden was stupid- but there is no evidence that any crime was broken and I don't know why you think that Joe Biden was supposed to prevent his son from taking such a lucrative offer. I think that the hiring of Hunter Biden was an example of how companies hire unqualified people for their name power- and I would love to hear your thoughts on how such things could be stopped- or whether they should be.

If you have any evidence that either Hunter or Joe Biden did anything illegal- well share with us. You have evidence of a crime- actual evidence- I will support an investigation regardless of the party.

And I assume you are supporting the impeachment investigation- right? Because you aren't scared of an investigation- right?

What a steaming pile of horse shit! The Impeachment Coup started as soon as Hillary and Obama could take off those phony purple "unity" suits.

'Impeachment coup"

Poor little Trumpette still haven't read the Constitution- have you? Too many big words?
I know the Constitution better than you ever will. I know a coup when I see one. This is about a minority party desperate to regain the power they lost. Period.

If the first half of your sentence were true, you wouldn't claim the second.

You are just another gullible Trumpette, just regurgitating what you are told by Trump and his lackey media.

So hold up! Democrats want to impeach the greatest president in the history of the world all because he blew a whistle on corruption from Joe Biden ? Wow

What evidence did he report?
Hunter got PAID for being the son and when it was going to be investigated Biden had the prosecutor fired on national TV lol

Except of course, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor as part of official U.S. policy, with the support of the Senate, and the EU.

Except for those pesky facts.

Okay- since the usual Trumpettes trolls are doing their usual job of trying to derail the thread.

Anyone want to comment about what Lindsey Graham said about impeachment- when it wasn't Trump being impeached?

Meanwhile- Joe Biden acted in accordance to official U.S. policy, with the support of the Senate and the EU.

They are investigating! Lol calm down, you should be asking what qualified Joe Biden son to get the job he did .. when that’s answered then let’s talk impeachment or are you scared ? Why do you cover for democrats? Are you a one rule party?

What qualified Joe Biden's son for the job he got? It appears nothing more than his name.

Personally, I think that the company that hired Biden was stupid- but there is no evidence that any crime was broken and I don't know why you think that Joe Biden was supposed to prevent his son from taking such a lucrative offer. I think that the hiring of Hunter Biden was an example of how companies hire unqualified people for their name power- and I would love to hear your thoughts on how such things could be stopped- or whether they should be.

If you have any evidence that either Hunter or Joe Biden did anything illegal- well share with us. You have evidence of a crime- actual evidence- I will support an investigation regardless of the party.

And I assume you are supporting the impeachment investigation- right? Because you aren't scared of an investigation- right?
SO LET US INVESTIGATE, lol if joe Biden didn’t use bribes to get his son the job let’s look in to it,, did Biden hold up aid? Yes let’s investigate like we would for any whistle blower, stop attacking the whistle blower,, Trump is courageous for taking on the deep state .. we should have the whistle blowers back

What evidence did he report?
Hunter got PAID for being the son and when it was going to be investigated Biden had the prosecutor fired on national TV lol

Except of course, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor as part of official U.S. policy, with the support of the Senate, and the EU.

Except for those pesky facts.
Everyone has pressure on them.. not an excuse for Biden to cover up bribes we could uncover

SO LET US INVESTIGATE, lol if joe Biden didn’t use bribes to get his son the job let’s look in to it,, did Biden hold up aid? Yes let’s investigate like we would for any whistle blower, stop attacking the whistle blower,, Trump is courageous for taking on the deep state .. we should have the whistle blowers back

So you don't really have any evidence to back up your claim that the Dirty Don is actually the whistle blower here.

Political extortion is what he was caught gaming.

So you don't really have any evidence to back up your claim that the Dirty Don is actually the whistle blower here.

Political extortion is what he was caught gaming.
Well the point of being a whistleblower is….YOU Investigate THE CLAIM lol not cover it up democrats

Forum List

Back