Immigration is Destroying America.

I hope that most people posting have enough basic sense to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration. I know the concept is beyond some of the more 'challenged,' but...

Oh, and immigrants DO contribute to economic growth. Immigrants and the newly naturalized are more likely to be entrepreneurs than those born in the US.

I have said many times that I would welcome immigrant entrepreneurs if/whenever they bring large amounts of capital to open business and create lots of jobs FOR AMERICANS, at good pay. these are quite rare, however, and overwhelmingly immigrant are job seekers who take jobs at much lower wages than Americans, and thereby swipe jobs away from them.

Making it all worse is the remittances$$ ($170 Billion/year) they extract out of the US economy, and wiring it to their home countires, where it is reinserted into the economies of those countries, depriving US business of all that immense amount of SALES$$$.

This remittance sending practice may well be the single most devastating, harmful thing to the US economy, which will never get on track, as long as this modern day imperialism upon the US economy continues.

Now Unkotare, isn't it about time you came clean and told us which one of the VESTED INTERESTS ** YOU yourself are, which is why your subjective, biased ? comments probably shouldn't even be in this thread. Or if you are an immigrant yourself.

1. Businesses wanting cheap labor to reduce costs & boost profits.

2. Churches wanting parishoners to fill their empty pews.

3. Unions wanting members to replace their declining memberships.

4. Spanish media NEEDING Spanish-only speakers.

5. Ethnocentrist organizations wanting immigrants to multiply their race, for racist reasons (ex. La Raza- "the race")

6. Democrats seek VOTES (and get them).

7. Terrorists come in to enact terrorism (ex. the 9-11 hijackers came in on visas)

8. Anchor baby parents who become LEGALLY entitled to welfare benefits by having the pregnant woman give birth on the American side of the border. And then help themselves to a lifetime of benefits (more immigrants are receiving welfare benefits than native-born Americans).

9. Mexico - remittances$$$ from the USA are their second largest source of income (second only to their oil exports) Mexico also benefits immensely by dumping their poor people on the US, as we then stupidly pay their poverty bill for them. Other countries also benefit from remittances and poverty dumping.

10. Mexico's Reconquista of the American southwest. I take the Mexican govt at it's word when it says that is exactly its plan.

I hope that most people posting have enough basic sense to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration. I know the concept is beyond some of the more 'challenged,' but...

They can distinguish it about as much as the American UNEMPLOYED folks can distinguish between the money they don't have to pay rent, buy gas, etc., as a result of the jobs taken away from them by illegal immigrants, and the money they don't have to pay rent, buy gas, etc, as a result of the jobs taken away from them by legal immigrants.

And obviously, that difference is ZERO. Same goes for other the other items on the Harms of Immigration list.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

So Protectionist YOU must be a Native American then?????

Likely you are NOT,just another SON or SON,SON,SON of a stinking Immigrant

DO YOU REALISE HOW "Fcuking STUPID YOU SOUND"steve:D

footnote:- So who employs these Immigrants......Rednecks Just Like YOU. Hypocrite,Where YOU gonna RUN TO??????Where you gonna HIDE

Last edited:
So, just to summarize:

The earth is not overpopulated

The United States is nowhere near 'crowded,' let alone "full." We have the capacity to support a far, far, far larger population. That is not the issue that will be facing us in coming decades, however. Quite the contrary.

Today's immigrants, including those from Latin America, are learning English, assimilating, and even out-marrying as fast if not faster than previous waves of immigrants in America's history.

Irrational, frightened little bigots on the internet - including especially those stupid enough to think America's agricultural capacity stopped somewhere in the 1800s - should be either ignored or institutionalized.

None of the above excuses or justifies illegal immigration that violates American sovereignty.

The US is already the world's biggest polluter and you say that it can hold more people? LA isn't a mess environmentally? NY? ... California isn't running out of water? ...

Of course. Are you talking about immigration or are you trying to make some conclusion about race?

Work visa. And as I said. It is what it is.
I didnt commit the crimes nor did I report them. And I'm not making it about race,it's more about getting the dredges of mexican society.

If you don't know the accused's immigration status how can you know it's about "the dredges of Mexican society"? The person you are reading about in the paper could be a US citizen.

They cant speak english and they are citizens? Hardly likely.
And yes the newspapers are full of stories about illegal immigrants committing crimes,and thats a fact.
And if you believe the top of mexican society are using coyotes and other nefarious means to cross the border you're nuts. They stay in mexico.

Immigration doesn't hurt anyone unless you are an ignorant dunderhead who blames failure on everyone else but themselves. Yes, immigrants need to learn the language and respect the culture, but beyond that, if they are stealing your dream of a double wide trailer, that is your fault and perhaps you should make an effort to improve yourself instead of complaining all of the time. Pussies!

Thats the problem,they dont learn english,and they do not respect our culture.
And as far as them stealing my job? Dont have one since I'm retired.
You libs cry about the lack of jobs yet you allow millions of immigrants to cross our borders and steal those very jobs.:cuckoo:

So the next time you're looking for a job and some immigrant gets it because he/she will work for less? I dont want to hear any crying.

The US is already the world's biggest polluter and you say that it can hold more people? LA isn't a mess environmentally? NY? ... California isn't running out of water? ...

Of course we can "hold" more people. Pollution and allocation of water are problems of planning, not quantity.

Work visa. And as I said. It is what it is.
I didnt commit the crimes nor did I report them. And I'm not making it about race,it's more about getting the dredges of mexican society.

If you don't know the accused's immigration status how can you know it's about "the dredges of Mexican society"? The person you are reading about in the paper could be a US citizen.

They cant speak english [sic] and they are citizens? Hardly likely.
And yes the newspapers are full of stories about illegal immigrants committing crimes,and thats [sic] a fact.

How do you know the people you read about in the police blotter can't speak English? And yes, there are quite a few US citizens who do not speak English particularly well. You made a few mistakes in your use of the language in the post quoted above. Does that mean you are "hardly likely" to be a citizen?

Of course we can "hold" more people. Pollution and allocation of water are problems of planning, not quantity.

Too much pollution, that's a quantity of noxious gases too high.

Not enough water, that's also a problem of quantity, you can't plan your way out of not having enough water, unless you're talking desalination, which will add massively to the pollution load. Which will be a trade off of quantities, more water and more pollution, or simply not having as many people, again, another quantity.

Now you know.

So, just to summarize:

The earth is not overpopulated

The United States is nowhere near 'crowded,' let alone "full." We have the capacity to support a far, far, far larger population. That is not the issue that will be facing us in coming decades, however. Quite the contrary.

Today's immigrants, including those from Latin America, are learning English, assimilating, and even out-marrying as fast if not faster than previous waves of immigrants in America's history.

Irrational, frightened little bigots on the internet - including especially those stupid enough to think America's agricultural capacity stopped somewhere in the 1800s - should be either ignored or institutionalized.

None of the above excuses or justifies illegal immigration that violates American sovereignty.

Unkotare,
It's the illegal immigrants that I object to, and I give 95% of my blame to U.S. politicians and greedy contractors who buy the politicians and exploit the illegal immigrants for unfair competition and profits.
I have worked along side illegal immigrants in Texas and Florida and find them to be extremely trustworthy and hardworking. They have treated me well and once they find out they can trust you they are the most loyal friends you can have on the job.
the shame should belong to the politicians and people who buy them.

P.S. - I didn't hire them and we worked for different companies

Last edited:
Thats [sic] the problem,they dont [sic] learn english [sic],and they do not respect our culture...

Who doesn't? It seems that you don't have enough respect to learn proper English yourself. Are you an illegal alien? Why don't you respect "our culture"?

Not enough water, that's also a problem of quantity,

Pollution is a problem of technology and profitability, not some fictional 'overpopulation.' We have plenty of water, we just have lots of cities built where they should not have been, so accessing/transporting water to certain places is problematic. It is and would be so regardless of immigration.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

correction----------ILLEGAL immigration is destroying america. Legal immigration makes us stronger, illegal immigration destroys us.

Harms of Immigration

Without constant exposure to a wide-range of diseases, the immune system would become inferior and be far more susceptible to them from tourists coming from overseas. It only takes one exposure to spread the disease.

Pollution is a problem of technology and profitability, not some fictional 'overpopulation.' We have plenty of water, we just have lots of cities built where they should not have been, so accessing/transporting water to certain places is problematic. It is and would be so regardless of immigration.
Well, until you can magically transport us all into the future where there are enough new and non-polluting fuels, pollution is a problem of over-population.
Where is this mythical "plenty of water" situated?

Well, until you can magically transport us all into the future where there are enough new and non-polluting fuels, pollution is a problem of over-population.

Transport yourself into the past if you prefer. You won't like it any better.

Factories were dirtier and less efficient when our national population was half what it is today. It is not an issue of an 'overpopulation' that does not exist.

Forum List

Back