Immigration battle new US anti-war movement

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
For Nearly a decade, America has been fighting two bloody and unpopular wars. But, where is the real outrage?

Since the start of the Afghanistan War, a growing number of Americans are frustrated and angry that US forces are still in the battlefield.

While recent demonstrations are filled with emotion, today's anti-war crowds can't compare to the mobilizations we saw during the Vietnam War.

40 years ago this week, a coalition of activists organized the National Chicano Moratorium. Several demonstrations were held throughout the US; the largest one in Los Angeles, where some 30 thousand people took to the streets.

- Trimmed due to Copyright, Modbert.

Immigration battle new US anti-war movement - RT Top Stories

----------------------------------------------------------------

I see Communist Latin Americans are busy trying to divide America while helping to invade the US.

“The main demand was stopping the war in Vietnam… protesting the high casualty rate of Chicanos in Vietnam and also protesting the racist conditions in the neighborhood, police brutality, racist education, inferior housing and jobs,” said Caros Montes, one of the original Brown Berets, a militant activist from the Mexican American community.

WHAT? The high rate of CHICANO CASUALTIES IN VIETNAM? Where did this guy grab that crap? You could wipe out half of Mexico's population and they would all be back in a decade or two. Give me a break.

Military deaths in Vietnam by Race:

White: 49,826

Black: 7,243

Hispanic: 350

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

These Latin American scumbags that make up statistics to make themselves look important are really pathetic. But then again, people from a race that can breed as fast as Latinos tend to get lost in their own crowd.

Last edited:
For Nearly a decade, America has been fighting two bloody and unpopular wars. But, where is the real outrage?

Since the start of the Afghanistan War, a growing number of Americans are frustrated and angry that US forces are still in the battlefield.

While recent demonstrations are filled with emotion, today's anti-war crowds can't compare to the mobilizations we saw during the Vietnam War.

40 years ago this week, a coalition of activists organized the National Chicano Moratorium. Several demonstrations were held throughout the US; the largest one in Los Angeles, where some 30 thousand people took to the streets.

“The main demand was stopping the war in Vietnam… protesting the high casualty rate of Chicanos in Vietnam and also protesting the racist conditions in the neighborhood, police brutality, racist education, inferior housing and jobs,” said Caros Montes, one of the original Brown Berets, a militant activist from the Mexican American community.

He recalls a peaceful demonstration, which included families. It stayed peaceful until the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department declared an unlawful assembly.

“We were brutally attacked by the LAPD and the sheriff, repression. They killed Ruben Salazar, Lyn Ward a brown beret,” said Montes.

In the end, hundreds were arrested; hundreds more were hurt and three people were killed including journalist Ruben Salazar.

40 years after his death, the Sheriff's department has refused to release the records surrounding the death of the Los Angeles Times writer.

“We’re the victims of repression. The system sees us as a threat so someone like him tells the truth on TV and the media, they take him out,” said Montes.

There's no question in Montes' mind, Salazar was assassinated. He believes history is repeating itself.

“Another example is May 1st 2007 McArthur Park. A peaceful rally, attacked by the LAPD, so the next year when we went out to get people out they were like hey, I don’t want to go out and march, the cops beat the shit out of us,” said Montes.

Parallels have been drawn between the Afghan and Vietnam wars, but there are two major differences.

“The difference is the amount of Chicanos who were killed in Vietnam at that particular time, the amount of people that were being drafted from the community was a real strong thing,” said Rene Rodriguez, a Vietnam War Veteran who was drafted.

When Rodriguez returned from the war, he created a play surrounding the events of the Chicano Moratorium. His fictional story highlights the movement that is grossly ignored in American history books.

He also talked about the 58 thousand American lives lost in Vietnam.

“Sad to say, it takes a lot of that to get people involved. The anti-war movement is definitely not what it was in Vietnam, but we’re still in the beginning stages of the Afghan war,” he said.

While we haven't seen the massive anti-war demonstrations from generations past, activist and actor Ricardo Lopez sees trouble in a different war created right here at home.

“The issue of immigration and the war are going to coalesce, they’re going to come together and I really see the anti-war movement growing out of the immigration issue, I feel strongly about that," said Lopez.

Legendary activist Dolores Huerta, a veteran of the America labor, civil rights, immigration, and feminist movements is hoping to pull together the efforts of a number of today’s activist movements, including the modern peace movement.

“I think the difference that we see now is that you don’t have a lot of the young Chicano students involved in the peace movement against the wars and I believe one of the reasons why is number one, you don’t have the draft, number two it’s so institutionalized now,” said Huerta.

There are many however marching for immigration reform, immigrant rights, and the DREAM Act, among other issues instead of the peace movement. Huerta explained, while there is an active peace movement other issues seems to be taking priority.

Radio host and Iraq war veteran Adam Kokesh argued that the anti-war movement is working hard to make a strong statement.

“The main difference between now and Vietnam in term of anti-war activity is that people don’t care, and you have to ask why. People only protest about things they care about, it’s really simple. The people behind the wars have learned the lessons for Vietnam and they’ve found out how to conduct massive wars with huge expenditures and keep them isolated from the American public,” said Kokesh.

Immigration battle new US anti-war movement - RT Top Stories

----------------------------------------------------------------

I see Communist Latin Americans are busy trying to divide America while helping to invade the US.

WHAT? The high rate of CHICANO CASUALTIES IN VIETNAM? Where did this guy grab that crap? You could wipe out half of Mexico's population and they would all be back in a decade or two. Give me a break.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

These Latin American scumbags that make up statistics to make themselves look important are really pathetic. But then again, people from a race that can breed as fast as Latinos tend to get lost in their own crowd.

This is the white man burden and Hispanic and Blacks were right to tell the U.S. government to kill off. Blacks and Hispanic and Native Americans were put in the front and elite white children were kept safely in college.:eusa_hand:
Breeding like whites who call their sister mom to keep the race pure?
We do a damn good job of dividing our selves.

Last edited:
I think that trying to claim that a particular race sacrificed more than another in any war in our history is not only wrong, but logically flawed. Allow me and these little factoids to explain:

Based on census data from 1969:
183,423 estimated age 18-25 males of all other races than white
13,355,979 estimated age 18-25 males of white race
This works out to about 1.4% of the fighting-age population being non-white. By your casualty estimates

"bullfighter" said:

Non-whites made up 15% of the casualties in Vietnam. Let's make a quick comparison: 1.4% of the fighting-age population made up 15% of the casualties.

Seeing as how your assertion that non-whites didn't do their part in the war effort has been proven completely false, I'll move on to the more interesting issue, the mass protests, moratoriums, and other associated attempts to cheat one's cowardly way out of fulfilling his obligation to his country, that defined the nearly lost era of the 1960's. But I'll do it in another thread. This doesn't seem to be like the right place.

-The Jerk

References:
I can't seem to post url's until I hang around a bit longer, so if you want to check my math, look up the population estimates from 1969 on the official census website, and the figures for military casualties by race on the U.S. Navy Library's official site.

Edit: I don't buy any of that crap about anyone being kept safe from the fighting (with few exceptions) by one cowardly machination or another. Race may have been a HUGE problem back in those days, but it was at home. Even bringing up something like this:
LilOlLady said:
This is the white man burden and Hispanic and Blacks were right to tell the U.S. government to kill off. Blacks and Hispanic and Native Americans were put in the front and elite white children were kept safely in college.
Is not germane to the discussion, not to mention completely inappropriate. Nice job responding to racism with racism.

-The Jerk

Last edited:
Every time someone calls it the "immigration Debate" they are playing into the Lefts Lies about it. They try and paint it as pro Immigration against anti Immigration when the REAL debate is not whether or not we should have immigrants, it is whether or not we should ignore ILLEGAL immigration and DO NOTHING about the rampant disregard for our Borders and laws.

• Banned
I think that trying to claim that a particular race sacrificed more than another in any war in our history is not only wrong, but logically flawed. Allow me and these little factoids to explain:

Based on census data from 1969:
183,423 estimated age 18-25 males of all other races than white
13,355,979 estimated age 18-25 males of white race
This works out to about 1.4% of the fighting-age population being non-white. By your casualty estimates

"bullfighter" said:

Non-whites made up 15% of the casualties in Vietnam. Let's make a quick comparison: 1.4% of the fighting-age population made up 15% of the casualties.

Seeing as how your assertion that non-whites didn't do their part in the war effort has been proven completely false, I'll move on to the more interesting issue, the mass protests, moratoriums, and other associated attempts to cheat one's cowardly way out of fulfilling his obligation to his country, that defined the nearly lost era of the 1960's. But I'll do it in another thread. This doesn't seem to be like the right place.

-The Jerk

References:
I can't seem to post url's until I hang around a bit longer, so if you want to check my math, look up the population estimates from 1969 on the official census website, and the figures for military casualties by race on the U.S. Navy Library's official site.

Edit: I don't buy any of that crap about anyone being kept safe from the fighting (with few exceptions) by one cowardly machination or another. Race may have been a HUGE problem back in those days, but it was at home. Even bringing up something like this:
LilOlLady said:
This is the white man burden and Hispanic and Blacks were right to tell the U.S. government to kill off. Blacks and Hispanic and Native Americans were put in the front and elite white children were kept safely in college.
Is not germane to the discussion, not to mention completely inappropriate. Nice job responding to racism with racism.

-The Jerk

I am excluding the middle classes use of college enrollment as a deferment to military service.

I've also heard that if a male American was married, he could get a deferment from military service.

But the main issue was that Hispanics blow up their contribution to service way out of proportion to what they currently demand of America. They never contributed that much to the building of America or military service in America's armed forces if you could use statistics going back to the beginning of the United States.

But they create a propaganda that they did. They now demand a lion's share of America simply by squatting here. That makes them the enemy of all REAL Americans.

I agree with you on the sole basis that there are groups of people, largely hispanics at present, who seem to want a piece of this American pie without earning it. That's one of a few things that makes me absolutely furious, especially when this country is branded as racist and intolerant because of our attempts to reduce the massive drain that non-taxpaying, healthcare-getting, prison-filling people like some illegals place on our country.

Forum List

Back