Immigrants Coming to America should be prepared to Support Themselves for the first 5 years!

Apply for Disability Benefits - Child (Under Age 18)
All the children need is to be from a family of low income and have an IEP (Individual Educational Plan)
Lots of kids have IEP's what does that have to do with anything?
Definition of Disability for Children

Under the law, a child is considered disabled for SSI purposes if:

• he or she has a medically determinable physical or mental impairment (or combination of impairments); and
  • the impairment(s) results in marked and severe functional limitations; and
  • the impairment(s) has lasted (or is expected to last) for at least one year or to result in death.
What is a medically determinable physical or mental impairment?

To meet the statutory definition, a child's impairment(s) must result from anatomical, physiological, or psychological abnormalities that are demonstrable by medically acceptable clinical and laboratory diagnostic techniques. The impairment(s) must be established by medical evidence consisting of symptoms, signs, and laboratory findings, not only by a statement of symptoms.

We need evidence from acceptable medical sources to establish whether a child has a medically determinable impairment(s). Acceptable medical sources are:

• licensed physicians (medical or osteopathic);
  • licensed or certified psychologists (includes school psychologists, for purposes of establishing mental retardation/learning disorder/borderline intellectual functioning);
  • licensed optometrists (for the measurement of visual fields or acuity);
  • licensed podiatrists (for purposes of establishing impairments of the foot, or foot and ankle, depending on the State);
  • qualified speech-language pathologists (for purposes of establishing speech or language impairments ); and
  • other individuals authorized to send us copies or summaries of the medical records from a hospital, clinic, or other health care facility.
Once we have established the existence of an impairment(s), we may also use evidence from other medical and non-medical sources to show the severity of the impairment(s) and how it affects the child's functioning. Other medical sources not listed above include, for example, physicians’ assistants, nurse practitioners, audiologists, and licensed clinical social workers. Non-medical sources include, for example, schools, public and private social welfare agencies, parents, guardians and other care givers. Educators and other school professionals (counselors, nurses, early intervention team members), in particular, can provide the specific, reliable information we need about how the child has functioned in school over the last 12 months. This information gives us an insight into the child's day-to-day functioning, which is very important in determining childhood disability.

Role of the School Professional

School records and appropriate educational personnel are two of the best sources of evidence about how a school-age child is functioning.

DDSs ask school administrators to ensure that appropriate points of contact with schools and with school personnel are set up year round. This is vitally important to ensure timely disability determinations for children throughout the year, especially during the summer.

In general, we ask schools to provide the following:

• Copies of a child's school records, including records of:
    • Academic performance, psychological evaluation, attendance and behavior;
  • Standardized and other specialized testing;
  • School-based therapeutic interventions (e.g., speech and language therapy) and the use of other special
    services, including placement in special education classes or other specially adapted settings;
  • Individualized education programs (IEP); and
  • Other periodic assessments of the child; e.g., comprehensive triennial assessments.

• Assessments by teachers and other qualified personnel about the child's activities and functioning; that is:
  • what the child can and cannot do, or is limited in doing. We use a federally approved form, the Teacher Questionnaire (SSA-5665), to request information from teachers.
Description of Other Information We Need from Teachers and
Other Educational Personnel

To fully document a child’s case, we need information from sources who know the child well and are familiar with how the child functions from day-to-day in all settings ,at school, at home, or in the community. The information you provide about a child's day-to-day functioning in school will help us to determine the effects of a physical or mental impairment(s) on the child’s ability to function in age-appropriate activities compared to that of other children the same age who do not have impairments. We need this information from you even if the child has been (or was) in your class for only a short time. Your information is not the only information we will consider when we determine whether the child qualifies for SSI, but it is very important to us.

SSA considers all of the mental and physical limitations resulting from a child's impairment(s). We address those limitations in terms of the following broad domains of functioning:

Acquiring and Using Information

We consider how well a child:
  • learns or acquires information, and
  • uses the information he/she has learned.
Learning and thinking begin at birth. A child learns as he/she explores the world through sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. As a child plays, he/she acquires concepts and learns that people, things, and activities have names. This lets the child understand symbols, which prepares him/her to use language for learning. Using the concepts and symbols acquired through play and learning experiences, a child should be able to learn to read, write, do arithmetic, and understand and use new information.

Thinking is the application or use of information a child has learned. It involves being able to perceive relationships, reason, and make logical choices. People think in different ways. When a child thinks in pictures, he/she may solve a problem by watching and imitating what another person does. When a child thinks in words, he/she may solve a problem by using language to talk his/her way through it. A child must also be able to use language to think about the world and to understand others and express him or herself; e.g., to follow directions, ask for information, or explain something.

Childhood Disability-SSI Program: Guide for School Professionals

All the children need is to be from a family of low income and have an IEP (Individual Educational Plan)
That's all that's need with a declaration of income. I was also on the Psych. Committee to test children for special classes. We didn't talk about the bonus, but they find out easily enough.
There are no psych committees to test children for special classes. Cut the bullshyte
Of course they are. We did the preliminary testing with standardiZed tests. When the results reveals the child will be learning disabled or educable mentally retarded, they follow through with psychological testing from the psychologist.

That's from the mouth of President Trump! Yes! It's called "Common Sense!" A Thomas Paine for our era!

Why should we give them entitlements for breaking our laws?
Why did you people put such a dumb ass in the White House?

That's all that's need with a declaration of income. I was also on the Psych. Committee to test children for special classes. We didn't talk about the bonus, but they find out easily enough.
There are no psych committees to test children for special classes. Cut the bullshyte
So, how many years were you in education?

None, but my wife was her entire career, including being Director of Special Education for a suburban school district. You can learn a whole lot that way

None, but my wife was her entire career, including being Director of Special Education for a suburban school district. You can learn a whole lot that way
Then she would be familiar with testing. But in the suburban setting, there would be fewer students qualifying for special services. Perhaps the city schools use the committees for pre testing where suburban schools wouldn't have that need. Your wife is familiar with the IEP as well.
THe children with Disabilities Act is not well known. But it does exist. Kudos for your wife! I can't remember all of the tests we gave except for the Woodcock Comprehension test.
Ask your wife when you have time.

Then she would be familiar with testing. But in the suburban setting, there would be fewer students qualifying for special services. Perhaps the city schools use the committees for pre testing where suburban schools wouldn't have that need. Your wife is familiar with the IEP as well.
THe children with Disabilities Act is not well known. But it does exist. Kudos for your wife! I can't remember all of the tests we gave except for the Woodcock Comprehension test.
There are many children in suburbia who qualify for special services. Do you even know what they are?

There are many children in suburbia who qualify for special services. Do you even know what they are?
I have been out of the loop for 13 years. LD, Special Ed. and children with IEP still in the regular classroom. And SBD, Severe Behavior Disorders. I've had them all in my class (Title I)

I have been out of the loop for 13 years. LD, Special Ed. and children with IEP still in the regular classroom.
13 years is a lifetime, my friend. What may have happened then aint happening now.

That's from the mouth of President Trump! Yes! It's called "Common Sense!" A Thomas Paine for our era!

Isn't there a law already on the books to that effect? Trump is too ignorant to learn whats going on

I have been out of the loop for 13 years. LD, Special Ed. and children with IEP still in the regular classroom.
13 years is a lifetime, my friend. What may have happened then aint happening now.
That's true, but the Children's Disability Act should still be in force. Seldom does a federal program get bounced. If I remember correctly, the number is something like 305b. I could be mistaken though.
I was wrong about the number...it is something to do with water shed...oh well.

Last edited:
I was a teacher in the inner city and most of the parents were on welfare. One of the most eggregious monthly layouts were for children in developmental classes (Learning Disabled, Special Education, Behavioral challenged ) and all of them received monthly stipends for their children in the amount of hundreds of dollars each month. It doesn't take more money to raise these children than it does any other children, for they still get food stamps, free breakfast and lunch, clothing, glasses, etc. They do not need more medical, wheelchairs or such.

One youngster received this money because another little boy pulled on his penis while in the bathroom. They received hundreds of dollars each month under the SSI act.
One family, who had 4 children in special classes used their monthly allotment to buy an RV for their excursions!

You repulse me.

I was a teacher in the inner city and most of the parents were on welfare. One of the most eggregious monthly layouts were for children in developmental classes (Learning Disabled, Special Education, Behavioral challenged ) and all of them received monthly stipends for their children in the amount of hundreds of dollars each month. It doesn't take more money to raise these children than it does any other children, for they still get food stamps, free breakfast and lunch, clothing, glasses, etc. They do not need more medical, wheelchairs or such.

One youngster received this money because another little boy pulled on his penis while in the bathroom. They received hundreds of dollars each month under the SSI act.
One family, who had 4 children in special classes used their monthly allotment to buy an RV for their excursions!

You repulse me.
Well, thank you! Coming from you, that is a compliment! :)

Last edited:

Trump proposes a law that has been on the books since Bill Clinton

Trump proposes immigration law that already exists

Trumps a liar. Remember he said NAFTA was the worst deal he had ever seen and he was going to tear it up?

After Calling Nafta ‘Worst Trade Deal,’ Trump Appears to Soften Stance

Then he said

Trump talks tough on NAFTA: 'If I can't renegotiate...we will terminate' the agreement

Now he says

Trump agrees "not to terminate NAFTA at this time", will negotiate - CNNPolitics.com

President Trump on Wednesday told the leaders of Mexico and Canada that he will not pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement, just hours after administration officials said he was considering a draft executive order to do just that.
Thats one example of many, have you noticed that he no longer is demanding that mexico will pay for the wall?
Today NPR had a story about how Trump did not save Indiana jobs but they still support them.

I think the American people deserve Trump. Poor people who are going to lose Medicaid didn't vote

And it continues..."we will provide them housing food and money each month." Oh, wait a minute, it doesn't say that, does it?
Most immigrants are hard working and make good citizens

Then I'm guessing they don't need any hand-outs.

Trump proposes immigration law that already exists
Just as our immigration laws are not enforced, that is likely out the window, too. Welfare recipients are on the government teat far over 2 years.

Can you provide any evidence where it is not being enforced?

Sure, open you're fricken eyes.

Forum List

Back