Immigrant crime in Germany increasing...but...but...you guys said that wasn't happening...

---
You don't have a scientific perspective. If you did, you would be agnostic, or ignostic if you had a philosophical perspective.

Have you considered the role that religion plays in a healthy culture from the perspective of the science of social psychology?

---
Yes, my academic background is developmental psychology, which includes social psychology.issues.
Religion does not correlate with a "healthy culture", from my perspective.

Why do you dismiss the idea of religion encouraging socially responsible behavior?

---
Socially responsible? Perhaps, if the religion helps people cooperate & support the less fortunate.
However, "healthy culture" is another matter; for me it includes rational belief systems based on evidence & logic, not dogma.

Does it make you feel better to define yourself as part of a moral tribe that is more rational than the vast majority of the human population?

You are kidding yourself. YOu are just as driven by instinct and non-rational cognition as anyone else.

Vulcans are not real, and you are not one of them.

---
Re:
"more rational than the vast majority of the human population?"

Yes, I believe science & philosophy are more rational than religion.
By definition, religion is having faith in dogma, whereas science questions hypotheses with observable evidence, and philosophy questions scientific methods.

One may say that faith exists in science and philosophy, and that's true.
However, faith is the absence of knowledge, and there's a lot more knowledge in science than religion.

Forum List

Back