Imitation crab meat

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
I have many recipes that work well with this low fat staple. Recently I experimented trying to imitate the chinese buffet style use of melted chese blends with imitation crab.
Since I had too much movie theater pop corn oil and flavored salt to ever use in a year I decided these would be perfect to cook and season the imitation crab meat in a buttery flavoring that is more intense then my using imitation butter. So using a tablespoon of butter flavor oil and a package of Imitation crab meat sauteed with dashes of the flavorcol popcorn salt, dash of paprika, parsley flakes, 2 cap fulls of cooking Sherry, splash of white wine, and a smothering of blended grated cheese (monterey, colby jack, mild cheddar) melted into the imitation crab meat and placed that on wide wavy noodles.
Would also be better probably if a little soy milk was added so there is enough sauce to cover the noodles, maybe flour powder if you need to thicken the sauce.
This is a lot like imitation
Lobster Nuremberg that I also make using imitation crab meat.

What is imitation crab meat anyhow?

What is imitation crab meat anyhow?

It's usually pollock, egg whites, and corn starch formed into strand texture clumps. It's very low calories and 0 fat make it a great dietary choice.

The texture is spongey like a crab claw, the taste is not fishy, very mild, so flavor must come from the sautee and seasoning.

I've made a garlic onion spinach and yogurt sauce with a little musturd powder and curry that goes great with imitation lobster over Wide noodles.

Cream (or soy milk and flour powder) with cooking Sherry and a dash or so of Paprika makes a great imitation crab Nuremberg sauce over noodles or rice or they sell those flavor packets for that sauce if you can find them anymore.

Forum List

Back