Your best/easiest recipe for Chicken Thighs

agree go with butter, but pan fry, maybe a pinch or 2 of brown sugar, powdered sage, powdered onion, powder garlic, salt, pepper.
I sometimes add a half teaspoon of barbeque sauce or dash of liquid smoke if not on the barbeque.

Lemon, lime, salt pepper and green onion. Bake. Maybe a dash of creole (I put creole on everything lol)
Boil white rice in pineapple juice.
Serve with something green. My favorite is whole green beans or asparagus sautéed in soy and brown sugar and sprinkled with sesame seeds. For something like this anyways.
--
Blackened chicken is always a winner

Make a glaze out of olive oil, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, honey, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch, mix it all together and heat until thickened, pour over chicken thighs and bake for about an hour at 350 degrees. Awesome sauce! :2up:

75% of our meat diet or at least mine is USDA organic anti-biotic free boneless, skinless chicken thighs. We got endless ways to prepare them.

I usually coat my chicken parts with olive oil but thighs are dark meat and it makes them rubbery tasting. For thighs and drumsticks I like throwing them on the grill the best.

I've coated (or brushed) mine with olive oil and never had that issue. Do you use bone-in thighs? I only eat the ones with the bone in. Meats with the bone in tend to retain moisture better, IMO.

I've cut thighs up in chunks cooked in curry and spices, and made a
Indian restaurant like sauce by using tablespoon or 2 of left over can of pumpkin filling to thicken my chicken broth & soy milk then added curry powder and various other seasonings.

Thighs can be cut in strips cooked and covered over bow tie noodles with a butter, chicken stock, cream(or soy milk), corn starch to thicken, fresh spinach, mushroom, parmesian( to thicken), white wine, with dried tomatoes sparingly throughout.
=Chicken mushroom Florentine Alfredo

Easy Peasy

in a 8 or 9'' x 13'' baking dish

drizzle the bottom with a little olive oil, slice a couple of potato rounds about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch thick to cover the bottom of the baking pan, then add sliced thin a half an onion, and half a can of diced tomatoes...

salt and pepper the mixture, or crumble a small chicken bouillon over the mixture then add salted and peppered thighs, then add the rest of the diced tomatoes over all the chicken,

cover pan with foil, bake for 45 minutes on 375, take off foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes....

It's easy and delicious and tender with lots of broth to sop up with bread. :D

I've cut thighs up in chunks cooked in curry and spices, and made a
Indian restaurant like sauce by using tablespoon or 2 of left over can of pumpkin filling to thicken my chicken broth & soy milk then added curry powder and various other seasonings.

Thighs can be cut in strips cooked and covered over bow tie noodles with a butter, chicken stock, cream(or soy milk), corn starch to thicken, fresh spinach, mushroom, parmesian( to thicken), white wine, with dried tomatoes sparingly throughout.
=Chicken mushroom Florentine Alfredo

Sounds yummy! I'll have to give that one a go! :thup: I like things that are very tastiful! :D

I usually coat my chicken parts with olive oil but thighs are dark meat and it makes them rubbery tasting. For thighs and drumsticks I like throwing them on the grill the best.

I've coated (or brushed) mine with olive oil and never had that issue. Do you use bone-in thighs? I only eat the ones with the bone in. Meats with the bone in tend to retain moisture better, IMO.

mine are bone in and skin on. Should I remove the skin?

oh well, it's wings i need to figure out.
hubby doesn't like dark meat so I guess I'll be cooking the thighs for myself!

Typically yes. I can keep any meat juicy as hell. Preparation and style.
For instance I put my meat in the freezer for 30 min or so right before cooking. It makes an amazing crust. Crust will retain the moisture. Also s big factor in texture.
Quickly searing it also helps a lot.
And timing I reckon.

mine are bone in and skin on. Should I remove the skin?

No, you don't have to. Just cut off any excess skin. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

About 6 thighs, patted dry with paper towels.
Salt and pepper
3/4 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of soy
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 or 4 minced garlic cloves (I like mine extra garlic)
3/4 cup of honey
1 tsp dry mustard powder
About 2 tbs cornstarch.

Recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 or 375 (depending on your oven)
Salt and pepper both sides of thighs (trim excess fat and/or skin)
Mix ketchup, soy, pepper flakes, garlic, honey, dry mustard and cornstarch with whisk
Heat in a sauce pan until thick
Pour over wings
Cook about 45 minutes to an hour depending on size of thighs.

I usually serve it with rice and a veg.

i think I like Chris L's recipe.
I wonder if I can sneak it in with some other stuff and hubby won't notice.

Forum List

Back