Imagine...

You're kidding right? Most of the "coverage" he gets is just talking heads repeating the horseshit that comes out of his mouth or off his twitter account, heck other candidates only dream of such luxuries.
I've seen a lot of interviews with him and yeah, the talking heads do that, but they're not doing it to boost him, they're doing it because they think his remarks will sink his candidacy. They're not TRYING to help him is my point.

Their motives are immaterial, the point is he gets all kinds of free publicity, heck I've seen some news outlets broadcast his entire stump speeches, which other candidates in either party get that ?
No they aren't. If they were TRYING to help him (the way they are Bush) his numbers would be even higher.

........And how is that "help" working out for Bush? What do you think would happen to his numbers if they stopped talking about him?
I think you're missing my point. Trump is on top in SPITE of the media's efforts to stop his momentum not BECAUSE of them. Bush would probably be at 1% or gone by now if he wasn't being propped up by Fox News and establishment big money. Honestly, do you know of anybody who says they support him?

No I think it's you that isn't getting the point, Trumps whole shtick is anti-establishment (which includes the media), the more it appears the establishment is "out to get him", the more popular he becomes because a lot of people are fed up with the establishment. If he was seen as a media pet his support would drop, if the media stops talking about him his support will evaporate.

His whole candidacy REQUIRES that people perceive that the "mainstream media" is out to get him, You said it yourself, look at how Bush is doing as a perceived media pet.

The mainstream media IS out to "get him". Trump is calling it as it is, and they don't like it.

Remember way back when, when the news was NEWS from unbiased announcers giving that news? Now we have them gushing over whomever it is THEY want as POTUS and fuck the rest of us. Look at the power they have. The AUDIENCE they can reach. You bet they are taking advantage of that.

His whole candidacy REQUIRES that people perceive that the "mainstream media" is out to get him, You said it yourself, look at how Bush is doing as a perceived media pet.
No, Trump's support is coming from people who are fed up with illegal immigration and the status quo. That number would be higher if it wasn't for the constant attacks on him by the media. Bush is lucky to be at 10%. Kasich is more well liked by the moderates but his numbers are lower than Bush's because he's not being propped up by Fox the way Bush is. Moderates watch Fox and tend to follow their lead.

No, Trump's support is coming from people who are fed up with illegal immigration and the status quo. That number would be higher if it wasn't for the constant attacks on him by the media. Bush is lucky to be at 10%. Kasich is more well liked by the moderates but his numbers are lower than Bush's because he's not being propped up by Fox the way Bush is. Moderates watch Fox and tend to follow their lead.

It's funny S.J. both of us are looking at the same thing and drawing two completely different conclusions, I think Trump is getting exactly what he wants from the media and the other candidates (like Bush) are struggling to grab some of the attention away from Trump, you see it as the media mistreating Trump and catering to Bush.

I'm not sure if either us will ever get the complete picture of what's going on behind the scenes but it is interesting to watch and try to decipher.

BTW As far as Kasich goes, personally I think his low numbers are a reflection of his not being well known, most people that I talk to have no idea who he is (which is understandable given the number of candidates on the GOP side right now).

It's funny S.J. both of us are looking at the same thing and drawing two completely different conclusions, I think Trump is getting exactly what he wants from the media and the other candidates (like Bush) are struggling to grab some of the attention away from Trump, you see it as the media mistreating Trump and catering to Bush.

I'm not sure if either us will ever get the complete picture of what's going on behind the scenes but it is interesting to watch and try to decipher.

BTW As far as Kasich goes, personally I think his low numbers are a reflection of his not being well known, most people that I talk to have no idea who he is (which is understandable given the number of candidates on the GOP side right now).
Yeah, Kasich isn't very well known and the media establishment will try to keep it that way because they've picked their candidate and it's Bush. I get sick of seeing his phony face on tv and acting like he's the front runner when he is clearly struggling to stay above single digits. The media think we're stupid and can be convinced he actually has a chance of winning the presidency.

Forum List

Back