Imagine splicing the intelligence genes of humans into say dogs?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Imagine slicing the genes that make humans far more intelligent and creative into the genome of lets say dogs. The brain would grow in size and with it the frontal lobe? It did within our evolution. Almost certainly dogs would look different for this alone. Our best friend could be advanced millions of years in evolution and become a being that can think, create and who knows.

I say this because our own evolution favored brain growth and development of the frontal lobe. Who's to say we couldn't do it to other animals?

I am talking about the selective genes that made the difference between a ape with low intelligence and what we're today.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Single gene that made us more intelligent than chimps is identified for the first time | Daily Mail Online

'Big brain' DNA found in humans: Single gene that made us more intelligent than chimps is identified for the first time
  • The ARHGAP11B gene increases the number of neurons in neocortex
  • This is a brain region that is key to reasoning, language and perception
  • Scientists believe the gene arose in humans after our ancient ancestors and those of chimps split more than five million years ago

Read more: Single gene that made us more intelligent than chimps is identified for the first time | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lets splice this gene into a dog genome and bring it to term.

Animals can already think, create, ect. Making them more intelligent would cause them to suffer. Imagine you wake up in a dog´s shape some day...

• Banned
Animals can already think, create, ect. Making them more intelligent would cause them to suffer. Imagine you wake up in a dog´s shape some day...

I don't mean a fully grown dog...What I am talking about is it would be born with this level of intelligence.

It would feel no pain.

Last edited:

I don't mean a fully grown dog...What I am talking about is it would be born with this level of intelligence.

It would feel no pain.
Doesn´t matter. It would realize it has no meaning but to be a toy.

Forum List

Back